MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to do, and my Princess Lots of Locks had a great time being the center of attention for a while.

As a first-timer, I must say this is great fun (and a bit stressful......):scared1:
Is the consensus that Disney would send out the first round notices on the same day and hour as last year???

OK, I raced home from Costco and am in the middle of preparing a late lunch...but then I said, I just HAVE to check on here...I haven't even checked my emails yet...

I will consider myself blessed no matter if I get the email or not. Just the fact that I have 2 healthy daughters, a DH that works so I can stay home with my kids and we can go to Disney every year or so. Really, what more can I ask for? :banana:

I'm already blessed. So whether God's future for me is on the Mom's panel or not ... I'm going to remember that I've already won -- family, health and Disney!!

As a first-timer, I must say this is great fun (and a bit stressful......):scared1:
Is the consensus that Disney would send out the first round notices on the same day and hour as last year???

Nope, not at all! We just had fun guessing.

And I just checked my email -- only got the Daily Disney BLOG.;)

Count me in on the obsessive email checking and refreshing of this thread! Wow- I don't think I have posted on here since the last Mom's Panel....:eek:

Good luck everyone!!:grouphug:

This has actually been lots of fun. Everyone sharing the same passion for Disney, posting their thoughts and wishes to everyone else. I feel like I know you all. I've enjoyed spending this exciting time with you. Sending pixie dust to everyone!!!pixiedust:

Were any of the moms chosen the last two years single moms? I am a little worried that that will automatically disqualify me in their eyes. We sure could use a little pixie dust around here lately, but if I don't make it I at least know I still have a trip coming up! Good luck to everyone as we wait!!!!

I am actually not obsessively checking my email. Of course, my email is virtually always open, and I have a tendency to check on it a couple times an hour anyway, so my "normal" behavior is somewhat obsessive as a matter of course.

The last time I felt this nervous and anxious about something was the last time I was waiting for my bar exam results. [and...I failed]....

[sigh.....]:surfweb:

Ok guys, I have been lurking a bit. I also submitted my "application" for the mom's panel this year. I did it originally on the first time around, but skipped last year because I thought it was such a long shot.

So my question to you all.... I feel like I am missing something with all of you all being so anxious about it. Do you all feel like you had some advanced knowledge that allowed you to have better chances this year? I feel like I just did my best in writing about myself and I wonder quite honestly how in the world they can pick 12 people from 20,000 with each of us writing three paragraphs of about 100 words each?? How in the world could they do that? I feel like it is more of a lottery than anything else and since I never win those I am figuring on receiving the "thanks anyway" email. I actually feel the opposite of everyone here. I don't want to hear from them because I think have such a small chance of heading into the next round!

Wow I just reread that and it sounds so negative:eek:

Now, don't get me wrong I am still checking my email :lmao::lmao:

I am really lurking because I will be so excited for anyone here that makes it! In fact I think it is quite silly for Disney to even open this up to the General Public! Don't they know that the DIS'ers are the most well informed Disney moms??? They could have saved a whole lot of time and expense if they just checked into the boards!

Would love to know how many of the Disney Mom's panel are diser's!

Pixie Dust everyone! pixiedust:

Were any of the moms chosen the last two years single moms? I am a little worried that that will automatically disqualify me in their eyes. We sure could use a little pixie dust around here lately, but if I don't make it I at least know I still have a trip coming up! Good luck to everyone as we wait!!!!

At least one of the current panel is a single mom, Joanne M. I can't believe that having a spouse is a factor in chosing a panelist. Disney wouldn't think that way!

Ok guys, I have been lurking a bit. I also submitted my "application" for the mom's panel this year. I did it originally on the first time around, but skipped last year because I thought it was such a long shot.

So my question to you all.... I feel like I am missing something with all of you all being so anxious about it. Do you all feel like you had some advanced knowledge that allowed you to have better chances this year? I feel like I just did my best in writing about myself and I wonder quite honestly how in the world they can pick 12 people from 20,000 with each of us writing three paragraphs of about 100 words each?? How in the world could they do that? I feel like it is more of a lottery than anything else and since I never win those I am figuring on receiving the "thanks anyway" email. I actually feel the opposite of everyone here. I don't want to hear from them because I think have such a small chance of heading into the next round!

I am really lurking because I will be so excited for anyone here that makes it! In fact I think it is quite silly for Disney to even open this up to the General Public! Don't they know that the DIS'ers are the most well informed Disney moms??? They could have saved a whole lot of time and expense if they just checked into the boards!

Since you quoted me, I figured I should give my 2 cents...

Nope...no 'special' knowledge here. :confused:

This is what I know: I applied in 2007 and 2008 and now this year. Never made it to round 2 the last two times. I'm just hoping against hope this year. I'm actually nervous for myself and the other 'wanna be moms' that I know via Twitter, etc. It's really more of a nervous/excitement thing.

And heck, no one knows for certain that today is 'the day' ... right? :confused3

OK. Back to checking my e-mail. :surfweb:

And pixie dust to everyone! :wizard:

OK, why am I checking the DIS boards every hour or so? I am not even an applicant this year, and I am obsessed with seeing when the word will go out on the Round 1 to Round 2 announcement!

I blame all of you. You are an addictive lot. Shame on you.

:surfweb:

I'm not sure if you're missing something or not, and I can't speak for everyone else here but this is how I feel about the subject.

I realize the odds of making this are not great at all, and no, I don't feel like I have any "advanced knowledge" either. I learned a lesson about three years ago in regards to learning to be a "glass half full" kind of person. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who is selected, and if everyone had the "the odds are too great" mentality, then no one would apply! I think we all realize the odds are against us, but at the end of the day 10 people are going to be picked, and if I didn't throw my hat in the ring, I wouldn't even have a shot.

As far as being anxious, I think there are numerous posters who have been sharing in the wait process and the feelings come from how close we are to finally having an answer one way or the other. Again, I can't speak for everyone, but checking in with all of the other hopefuls has made me see that even if I don't make the panel, with all of these other Disney savvy, passionate people, the panel will be in good hands no matter what. And we can live vicariously through them if they are chosen!:dance3:

It's all in pure fun....and I, for one, am enjoying the nervous butterflies until I learn that they were all for nothing or I made the next round!

Continued pixie dust to all! And thanks again for all the prayers for my baby boy. I truly believe they are working!:hug:

OK, why am I checking the DIS boards every hour or so? I am not even an applicant this year, and I am obsessed with seeing when the word will go out on the Round 1 to Round 2 announcement!

:rotfl:

too funny! :laughing:

Ok this is going to sound really stupid and isn't related to moms panel but I'm here lurking/waiting with the rest of you and I was wondering how you all manage to put smilies/pixie dust etc in your messages? I'm obviously a bit clueless but I only seem to be able to add one at the start. What am I missing? Hope you don't mind me asking.
Thanks.

Ok this is going to sound really stupid and isn't related to moms panel but I'm here lurking/waiting with the rest of you and I was wondering how you all manage to put smilies/pixie dust etc in your messages? I'm obviously a bit clueless but I only seem to be able to add one at the start. What am I missing? Hope you don't mind me asking.
Thanks.

:rotfl2:Now this just made me laugh out loud!!! It's bad enough all of us wanna-be-hopefuls are wearing out our refresh key ..but you too?? How cool of you to join us in our 'fun'!:goodvibes

Having just read the entire thread for the last 2 years "Adventures of the "Moms" Panel, not obsessive in any way:), I am pretty sure that 10 of the 16 were on the DIS at the time of the selections. They may all be here now, what a great source of WDW info! Maybe this year we'll be 10 for 10.:cheer2:

I know it truly is a long shot. How can they possibly pick between so many passionate Disney fans? Having read about the "Adventures" of the panelists, all saying it is a life changing experience, how can we not all want to experience the same?

Back to waiting. Guess I should throw in a little work too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter