• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Everything is going great, but you forget how tiring visiting the parks can be! We had a tasty dinner at Brown Derby at 7:00 last night and headed to our resort relatively early. Epcot again today. Loving the Flower Festival food booths!

Aren't vacations always tiring ....lol People are always saying they need a vacation from the vacation.

The weather is finally warming up here, by that I mean above 0 , heck -3 a few days ago felt like spring weather.

Glad your having a great time with no problems Moo. Your not going to want to go home. Have you seen Marita ?

Haven't seen Marita. She didn't check in with me about meeting up and vice versa. Sure wish we'd had a couple extra days down here so we could have had a bit more relaxation time. We checked out adding on some DVC points and toured the model Polynesian studio. Pretty nice... MK was a zoo today, so we didn't stay long. Went to Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge for a nice dinner instead. The smoky portobella soup was amazing!

Well I'm back and sun burned. Hannah calls me lobster. It is across my chest and top of my arms. Happened the first sea day too, couldn't get enough of that nice warm breeze I guess. I blame in on the booze my husband was pouring into me this cruise. In San Juan our excursion was the Barcardi rum factory with a free drink and hot sun.

It was 90 degrees on Castaway Cay on Friday, I don't know how you live with the heat Marita . I don't like the cold but that was too much. I will stick somewhere in the middle.

No one got sick this time either so that was great. We are all just tired. Poor hubby had to go to work today too and Nicholas works tonight. Then back to school for the kids.

So happy the Christmas bulbs made it home for my great nephew, was afraid they didn't do the writing at night and we were only in Downtown Disney on Friday night. Could tell it was March Break for us Canadians and Texas because it was a zoo everywhere. But we still loved every minute of it.

Now it is a day to wash , and wash and wash....lol Maybe even nap....

Nab, happy you enjoyed your vacation. We went straight from mild winter to summer here, I hate it! Skipped Spring yet again!

Moo, sorry I missed somehow checking in with you for a meet. Too bad, next time! I was freaking busy from January to a couple of weeks ago, then totally nothing for a couple of weeks, an now back to freaking busy. Well, I much prefer freaking busy...
Tomorrow is Open Mouse for the new Poly DVC, so I look forward to that. I worked there from '85 to'88, happy times. And my first ever Dole Whip!!!

I do like were they put the new dock to the market place. Last time we were there they were just building it and we were let off in the middle somewhere.

Busy is always good Marita if you still have a life beside work too. How are the wedding plans going , have you found yourself an outfit yet?

Mari and I got a little sunburned also, Nabbie, but Mari had on a sleeveless top, so hers was worse than mine. We stayed at Saratoga Springs, so it was only about a 10 minute walk for us to DTD.

Marita, enjoy the open house and Dole whip (I love them)! When we did our Poly model room DVC tour, the guy we talked with was going to be staying in a Poly bungalow soon during the break-in period. He was pretty excited about it.

I have an annual pass and am planning to go back to WDW in the fall after I retire, so maybe we can meet up then? Probably in October, during Food & Wine Festival!

Nabbie, it would be awesome if we could coordinate our visit dates some time!!! I may go back after the Christmas holidays, as well... My cousin wants me to come down for a linger visit with her in Sebring. She's about 2 hours from WDW.

Don is retiring on Thursday! His party is after work. Not sure how I'm going to handle going to work for 6 more months while he stays home all day or being home with him full time. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be doing any housework or making meals!

Moo, congrats to Don for retiring! I confess, I am envious of hubby sometimes, he goes to breakfast at IHOP, movies, seeing friends, whatever he wants. Unfortunately, I am a couch potato, I would probably sit at home all day...So far I enjoy staying busy at work when I am busy, but I totally hate the drive.
Hubby is good about doing dishes and sometimes vacuuming, but any hopes of him paying attention to coupons for shopping have been dashed. so don't count on too much.
Meet next time for sure!

Happy Birthday Nab!!! Hope you had a good day.

Wedding plans are slow moving, it's not till December, so I havent even started looking at outfits yet. In other news, my son Chris is being transferred to California (!!!!) in June from Montana. He is buying a brand new house sight unseen (except for pics). I hope to be visiting sometime later this year or early next to take in all the 60th anniversary fun.

I think I am settling on either November or December 1 for my retirement date, YIKES! Truth be told, I am a bit scared to be home all day with nothing to do..... I will have to find a new life or something.

Marita, embrace your upcoming freedom from work! You can join a fitness center, travel, go to the beach and find pretty shells, take a cooking class, learn to sew, volunteer, find some people who like to play cards, sleep in... The list is endless!!!

I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about all the additiinal togetherness with my hubby, but if it's a problem, I might just buy my own house somewhere warmer than Michigan!!!

Moo, if he is anything like hubby, he will be gone a lot, LOL. After talking with my BFF tonight, I think I decided on November 1. That will give me enough time to find a mother of the bride dress, and do whatever else. I think now that I have sort of decided, I may be a little bit excited about it!

Edit: wow, 7 more months, I may bail before that after all, LOL

December not that far away...lol Ask the bride. So much to do.

Great news on your son Maria , I'm sure he will love the warmer weather there. And if you retire you can just go see him and stay awhile. That is what I think I will like when hubby retires no reason to rush back for work and the kids weill be off in university or college and can fend for themselves.

Moo-- you definitely need to move to a warm climate and visit family in the spring and summer.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. We went out for supper. Was going to make my mom's cheese cake but couldn't find the recipe so I'm waiting on my sisters to sent it too me which made me sad because I couldn't just call her and ask. I'm the only one that likes it here so I always had it there every special occasion we had and she made enough for me to bring home.

On the upside it hasn't been too bad here weather wise , the snow is melting and I can see brown grass...lol Spring is here.

I expect Don will be puttering in the pole barn quite a bit once the weather is nice. He spends some time out there already running a propane heater. We're supposed to have some freezing rain tomorrow, though :( He's visiting Mari & David for a week and a half around Easter - will be glad to have the house to myself for a while! Mari and I had our mother/daughter WDW trip, so I'm fine with them having a bit of father/daughter time!

Marita - Visiting Cali/Disneyland should be fun!!! My nephew lives in Calabasas (sp?) and works for USC. Would love to be able to visit him (and Disneyland again) after I retire, but Florida is a higher priority!

Moo, what's a pole barn????
Forgot to mention, hubby also likes to take some solo vacations to historical sites and museums. Good for him, I have no interest in that and I enjoy my alone time. I think next is a trip for the Gettysburg historical battle reenactment.

Marita, a pole barn is a large wooden structure with metal sheeting or plywood with vinyl siding for the walls.

Hubby's pole barn is vinyl sided and has two garage doors along with a regular door, a few windows, and conventional shingled roof. In other words, it's a large, fancy detached garage. He has a car lift, mini-fridge, propane heaters, recliner, TV and other man cave accoutrements!!!

Don's Happy Retirement Day is tomorrow!

Marita, I vote for moving your retirement date up!!! Mine is end of September :)

Well, hubby has been out and about quite a bit since he retired! He headed down to visit Mari & David yesterday. He's having fun with the new grandpuppy and his boy, Cash!

Moo, end of September, wow. Congrats! I may move mine up, who knows. I'm just afraid of total boredom.

PS. I remember your siggie with the cow racing to the barn, LOL, The cow is a little late.

I feel bad I retired 20 years ago....lol Hubby can retire when Hannah turns 18 and that is in 4 years. Not sure if he will since we then will have two kids in college. Plus I'm not sure if I would like him home everyday either. It will wreck my routine.

Everyone is home today . Not school for the kids and it is his regular day off. Here it is a government holiday so the school are closed and no mail or liquor store for us. Every thing else is open.

Hope you all had a good Easter. We had hubby's dad over so I cooked. It was harder then Christmas I think with out my mom. Maybe because it has been longer since she is gone or that Easter was the last big meal we had at her place with all my siblings. We said it was rare that everyone made it last year and laughed about it now it was blessing.

It's cold out , we had spring for a day or two. Some places it even snowed yesterday. Really , really tired of this weather rollercoaster.

Hello...ITS ME...I know..who the heck is that pig...hahaha....so much happening and on and on...going to Disney in 28 days..not that I am counting of course...It snowed yesterday morning like I dont know what...it was weird...got dark and then snowed hard..and then got light and then the sun came out...more tonight into tomorrow...where did spring go...we got a pool table for our computer room..did some heavy duty rearranging...not easy..cause still so much stuff from three years ago..my moms and my mils stuff..that I have a hard time getting rid of..they are in totes and everywhere...I am learning to play pool now...I always wanted one and this was our christmas gift to each other...yes I am weird..hahaha...hope you are all well and doing great...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter