Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Marie, what a great 24,000th post!

Love hanging with you all from time to time, I understand your feelings because I agree with them 100%, we have a nice little place here.

{HUGS} I remember how scared the people were at the time of having MOD post after she who shall not be mentioned, but you turned out to be a great friend.

Yay mony! Yay marie for retiring! I could never have the patience to be a mod! Yay everyone else! :)

OMG this is so bizarre....I didnt know it was my 24000 post...OMGOODNESS...I am beyond words on that ..

I love you all...you are more then cyber friends...you are dear dear friends...

It is raining and sleeting and now rain...and a wee bit of snow that hopefully will leave us..I am not a winter Mainer...hahaha...they did cancel school...we dont have late openings...because people have kids and work...so they either cancel or we go..it was probably slick on the roads and if the first buses cant go and maintain safety then they cancel...so my daughter is home today..SHE IS A TEACHER ...NOT A KID...hahaha...thought I had better say that

hope you all have a great day...

Pumba we are glad you joined us. They didn't trust me at first either.Thought my user name was ban backwards. :lmao: But I stuck it out glad I did.

We had terrible weather last night, freezing rain that made everything slick. Had to come home from my FIL place scary stuff. Kids thought they would have a snow day today but it all turned into just rain overnight so it was ok in the morning.

Bathfitters came today to do the kids bathroom shower. It looks beautiful but the smell of glue in the house was a bit much plus he set of the fire alarm this morning when he was doing the plumbing. Had to open all the windows and it was not warm today. Now we have to wait for out vanity and mirror to come in and do lights and baseboards. Getting there.

I was suppose to start my baking today but didn't get that done either....but I can catch up , the kids don't think I can and are worried they won't get as many cookies. :lmao:

Nab, we put up our tree yesterday and I put on some more ornaments tonight and rediscovered the Backstage Gal one you gave me. How cool!

Thanks again!

Pumba we are glad you joined us. They didn't trust me at first either.Thought my user name was ban backwards. :lmao: But I stuck it out glad I did.

Really? I never ever even considered your name was BAN backwards.

I had to sub today for the other Kindergarten teacher and I have come to the conclusion now that I have worked in many of the rooms in the building, our kids come from families who do not, for the most part, create any structure or rules for their children. :scared: TOUGH DAY!

I think I may go through many bottles of wine before I get used to this.

Mony -- Love the new picture. Yeah I would not want to teach some of the kids out there. When I go to Hannah's school to volunteer or just go for something my little problems with the kids are nothing compared to some I see and say why are the parents not stopping that. But really that is anywhere you go these days. The next generation is going to be scary and wild I think.

It is a cold one out there today -7 C . Think I might actually stay in and bake today to warm the house.

Morning!

Bunch of teachers heading to the Capitol today to protest right-to-work, districts are closed as of last night.

Wishes I was stating home today, it is cold. I'd love to spend the day baking, decorating and even cleaning.

Okey...I have been a moderator for 13 years and I never thought of NAB being BAN...omg that is hysterical...I am also very naive...you must of known that..
When the trouble began on the TRIPS...I tried to make the problem go away...and someone kept on throwing it in our face and also your face...it was a tough time ...I spent most of those months ...or at least tried to with my sister who was dying...the time spent with her was so important...and I may of been upset when I would check the boards...or even if I didnt check the boards...I took time off from mod'ing so I could do this..
But darn glad that I INSISTED that you know that all mods were not wearing a high hat...

SOOOOOO maybe today I will finish up shopping with stocking stuffers and also the oil is coming...3.34 a gallon...and I said ...BETTER FILL THE SUCKER UP...hahaha...I do think that since we had the house done...new roof, windows and insulation and siding...our house is warmer....we shall see what the difference is in our heating after the winter..

150 days or is it 149 til DISNEY...I am so ready ...I love to go and have fun...I may be old but I am not ready for not enjoying myself...besides my husband loves Disney too...as do our kids and the grandkids ...gotta love that part..

I know it is the Christmas and Holiday season for us all...but I found this on Page 5....now come on Peeps..

We got up with a phone call...geesh...I didnt know that it was that late :confused3...hubbies brother calling...it was a nice chat..he said..."did I wake you"..I said.naaaaaaaaa...had to find my glasses on the bureau and wipe my sleepy eyes...to funny...oh well...We do love him..

I guess today I will DECORATE...I feel more like it is the season now...feel much better....needed to get that push I guess..

Yesterday I spent most of the day watching tv...and wondering how those little babies felt...and the fear in the others...the teachers, the workers, the families..and friends...and us ...The USA...I just sobbed at points...especially when President Obama tried to compose himself....I couldnt of done it either...broke my heart..

Hope you all have a weekend of love and peace and hopefully fun..
Marie

Been really busy baking. I just need to start to get me on a roll I guess . I have 6 different ones made now going on the 7th with Hannah today. These are her favourtie, cut out sugar cookies. I saved them to do with her on the weekend. The guys went to see the Hobbit so this is our time. :goodvibes

Pumba-- I watched some of the coverage yesterday too. So very sad, all I could think about was those poor parents at Christmas time. It will never ever be the same again. Heart breaking they were just babies.

The news is so sad, I can't even watch it :(

I worked on picking up and organizing the house all day today, trying to get ready to clean for the holidays. We are hosting both sides this year (WHAT was I thinking?!!) and Mari & David arrive next Saturday night.

My plan is to do the vacuuming and dusting next Saturday, but I at least need to clean the area where the tree is going tomorrow and get the tree set up and decorated. We got the new bed for the newlyweds last weekend and their room is pretty much ready. That was quite a bit of work. I have a dinner with friends tomorrow night, so I'm not going to be cleaning all day again :)

Pumba, I sure hope you are not going through pages and pages to find subscriptions. Go to the bottom of the page on any Disboard page and find the heading that says "Forum Jump". The second or third choice is subscriptions, it will bring up all of yours.

Moo, I hear you on the cleaning/chores stuff. I had all kinds of plans for today and got basically nothing done (sheer laziness), and my son comes in on Wednesday...

I have news on the daughter front: The BF finally got a full time job doing computer work, starting at $40k/yr. But it is independent contractor, so no benefits. Anyway, now they started planning to move in together in April, put a budget together for all the things they need. $5K is the budget for furniture and all the miscellanous stuff they need. So we shall see how that goes. They are both 28, so understandably anxious to move out.

I better get my act together tomorrow or I will never be ready...
Oh, one final stress: In years past, I made instant mashed potatoes for xmas dinner for our big party. Recent years, someone brought them. This year, nobody volunteered for them. so I guess im on the hook for real mashed potatoes. I ordered a potato ricer today, I read that was a great thing, and got some recipes, but any helpful hints are appreciated. I appointed BF to be the masher/ricer :)

I haven't said much about the CT shootings for fear of a major breakdown, anxiety attacks, never wanting to walk into a classroom again or letting my babies go to school.

I can't let that happen, but I know that is what I am dealing with inside myself.

I hate that this has happened in the worst way. I can't even look at facebook because everyone is posting about it, which is fine, but I don't want to know what the victims looked like, especially the children it is too much for me. I work with Kindergarteners everyday. I have one myself. I hugged my kids so much this weekend and it still isn't enough.

It is times like this I can't but look up and ask why, I just don't understand it. I broke down yesterday after seeing a picture of a little girl who was victim of all this. I don't need to know the shooter shot his victims multiple times and at close range.

It is so sad and I could just cry for hours over it. But instead I plan on cooking pierogis and just praying quietly to myself. My pastor wrote an interesting story about it on my Parish Facebook page. It helps, but still does't answer my question why.

Thanks for letting me vent. Have a great day.

Monica...I know that this is so traumatic for most of the US and the World...I watched some when it was unfolding the info...and then had to go to do something or watch something totally stupid...Only way I could stop the feeling of grief for the families and friends and the little kids that saw this and have to think about it forever...

My daughter is a teacher, as you know...she is in a behavioral school ..these kids cant be mainstreamed into public school yet...and I worry about her every day...they are not old kids but very troubled kids...some (not many) of the parents are not with the program either and I worry "now" that one of them will come in and finish off the school too..she said not to worry so much Ma...But being a mother I do...
SO Monica...talk to some of the other teachers ...they may have the same issues and you all can talk about this "together" It is important that all of the teachers all over the US talk to each other...maybe have a group session...

I feel for all of you guys...teachers, parents, and people like me...a grandmother of two young munchkins ..:grouphug:

So sad about those kids and them more they show their pictures and tell something about them the sadder and madder it makes me. So senseless. Can't look at my Christmas tree and not think that those poor parents. It's been on every TV daytime shows etc all day.

On an better note. I am almost done my Christmas cookies. I have 10 different ones made spread over 22 plastic bins. Not small bins either.

I should start selling them...Hannah has a bake sale at her school before the Christmas concert so I will send some in. She won't be doing the concert but selling tickets. Grade 7 is the cut off for classes actually singing. So that part of her school history is done. Sad I will miss watching all the little ones try to out sing each other or pick their nose or dance or do something really funny but embarrasing for their parents. Won't miss the trying to find a seat and having to get there an hour early so I do get to sit down.

Marita-- Saw you paid of your house. :woohoo: That must feel good. Now you can retire?

Nab, maybe you should start a business selling cookies, go on Shark tank and get $100,000 to get started on QVC :thumbsup2

This morning, our team signed up to volunteer to hand out Toys for Tots gifts. 7am:scared: I was sooo tired, luckily, hubby was home and got me up. Then I handed out garbage bags with toys (boys 7-9) for 1 1/2 hours to the runners, my back was killing me. Then I got relieved and checked in parents at the computer. I'm tired

The only shifts available when we checked were 7-11am and 3-8PM. Next year the only way I will go is for the 11-3pm shift.

My house is still a mess, and Chris arrives Wednesday night. Oh well, at least he can't divorce me.
Oh, one more thing. My washer has been leaking lately, not too bad, but a nice puddle on the floor underneath. 2 Service calls. 1st said nothing is wrong (DUH!). second said he needed parts a week or more ago. SO finally it got (supposedly) fixed today, the bill would have been $580 of it hadnt been under warranty.

YAWN!!!

Hmm, I thought I commented on the retirement thing. Not ready yet, dont know what to do with myself all day, besides, cant even get partial SS till 62, So I will be trecking along a while longer if I can.
But I am eyeing a new car very soon!! Mine is 10 yrs old with 125K miles on it, so I can still get a trade in for about $3K and have new toys in the car.

It sure doesn't feel like Christmas. Can't get in the spirit. Hannah says it is because we have no snow at all. Heck the grass is still green. Not to say it isn't frosty in the morninig though.

I just have one more batch of cookies to make and will do that on the weekend since hubby has to work. He is on night shift right until Christmas eve morning.

So not sure when we will get to my mom's for Christmas. We usually there a few days before and come home after the party Christmas eve. Everyone goes to church together too so my schedule is all screwed up this year. And since we lost Hubby's mom this year the otherside really doesn't know what they want to do either. It is only his dad and brother now. So all that is stressing me out too.

Marita --Hope your son makes it home safe tonight. I heard the mid west is having a lot of snow right now.

Moo-- when does Mari and David come home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter