Moonlight Magic tonight - 2/24

recmouse

DIS Veteran
Whoever goes tonight - would you be so kind to give a review here? We're going in March and would like to hear what to expect. TIA

I'd love to know how it goes tonight as well - Especially what characters are greeting and how long their lines are.
Thanks in advance and have fun!

Not going but I think Kenny the pirate had a post on his site earlier this week with the details (characters and attractions avail)

ETA
Here it is
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...oonlight-magic-to-offer-rare-character-meets/
Not going but I think Kenny the pirate had a post on his site earlier this week with the details (characters and attractions avail)

ETA
Here it is
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...oonlight-magic-to-offer-rare-character-meets/
Thank you!

Here now. At 10:00 they made an announcement to welcome us to the event. Everywhere we went they checked for wristbands. They started handing out the food around 9:45. Everything was free. They had chicken nuggets, hot dogs, choc chip cookie, bags of spoke slices, and drinks. Lines for some rides were empty. We walked on dumbo, barnstormer, buzz and little mermaid while others in our group were waiting in lines for chicken little, max and dark wing duck. Some character lines were pretty long....25 minutes for chicken little. Haven't been to other side of park yet but we're enjoying the emptiness of the park!

What time did they let guests in with no park ticket for the event ?
We have ten people reserved for next Friday but four have no park tickets

We had a great time. They were giving out bands early but if you have no ticket you get coraled to the side until 8pm. We ate around 945p. The wait times were longer for characters. We did 7dmt, BTM,HM,Buzz. Met Dr. Facilier and Bowler Hat guy. Saw the fireworks which i thought was awesome. There was more to do, but we were too tired. Having done the 5k and kids races in the morning. We left around 1230pm. I thought it was a great event. I would definitely do it again.

Awesome fireworks!

Were the fireworks Wishes? Or another iteration? Last year it was different than Wishes and frankly it may have been the best fireworks show I'd seen at the park. Wondering if it was different than Wishes this year, too?

Were the fireworks Wishes? Or another iteration? Last year it was different than Wishes and frankly it may have been the best fireworks show I'd seen at the park. Wondering if it was different than Wishes this year, too?

Completely different from WISHES. We arrived a few minutes after 8 pm, did a few rides and then watched WISHES from Fantasyland. More rides, some food and then found a great spot for the 10 PM fireworks, which actually began at 10:15 PM. :) It was without a doubt, the very best fireworks display I have ever seen, bar none! Music included so many of my favorite songs from the Disney movies, and every time I thought the show was was over, it just got even better. Simply awesome! You tube videos do not do it justice!! My friends & I LOVED IT!

Looked like a great event. I will be at one of the animal kingdom event sep 13 and the Epcot event on dec 4. Dates could be wrong it's just from memory. Hot dogs and chicken fingers will be good with French fries. Did they have French fries for purchase? If not I guess I will live. Great thing dvc is doing.

No french fries. As I recall, all the food places, including the carts closed by 10 PM. Only the DVC-provided food & snacks were available.

This was by FAR the best event I have been to since joining DVC in 2001. Walked on every ride, the park was empty. I wonder if people signed up and didn't go? The fireworks were the best! My two friends and I did the race earlier in the day and they were blown away by this free event that just happened to be while we were visiting. Really hope they continue these type of DVC events. A major Home Run!

We went. Got our wrist bands w no prob at 7:00 at SSR. Long wait for bus for MK. Went immediately at 8:00 to Pirates and BTM and Splash. Saw Wishes while riding BTM--very cool. Thought food was meh--would have preferred Micky Bars to a hot dog at 10 pm. Most major rides open--PP and 7dmt still showed 45 min plus wait up and until we left around 11:45. Secondary rides, and some big ones (i.e. Space Mt) had little to no wait. Space did break down though while we waited to get on. We definitely had fun but would have enjoyed more if we were night people and did not need to catch a super early flight home. We somehow missed the fireworks that another poster said was at 10:00?? Maybe we were in HM? We thought they were going to be at 12:00 and left just before. We were just too tired at the end of a long trip!

But best free thing from Disney for sure that we have experienced! (Ok, it's the only thing!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter