Moonlight magic registration

Deep breaths…

The set up is always the same… login to the website earlier and when the window opens you’ll automatically be placed in the queue. Who can figure out how that’s done? I saw someone post they were number 16… I did the same thing and was 5400+… others reported 11,000+!

I’ve been doing this since MM was first offered. It was never easy. There were always way fewer spaces available than eligible members. So it has always been luck and not a guarantee. What makes it even worse is that several DVC properties have opened since MM was created… thousands more members and available rooms to book. Add to that all those people who log in on multiple devices… how could this work except as a lottery?

I visit several times a year and have been to exactly one event… the first time EPCOT was offered which is years ago. I did get in for HS in September… I am so grateful and know enough to appreciate how incredibly lucky I was.

If I had a wish, it would be that there was a way to limit the number of events a member could attend… maybe one a year… regardless of which member was the lead on the registration… if you attended one, that was it for the year.

I really wish all those seeking tickets on May 3 the very best of luck! Geez, I just can’t help but believe there has to be a way to make it less stressful.
We have been to one (Epcot) years ago. I'd say 6-8 years ago. Frankly , I don't remember what the signup was at all. I may have been dumb to the procedure, but I don't remember the number system with thousands of people trying. But it sounds so crazy with people saying on phone they had 7320, on laptop 2353 and on ipad 469.

I would freak out on FP day. DD would log into my account and find them for me.

Deep breaths…

The set up is always the same… login to the website earlier and when the window opens you’ll automatically be placed in the queue. Who can figure out how that’s done? I saw someone post they were number 16… I did the same thing and was 5400+… others reported 11,000+!

I’ve been doing this since MM was first offered. It was never easy. There were always way fewer spaces available than eligible members. So it has always been luck and not a guarantee. What makes it even worse is that several DVC properties have opened since MM was created… thousands more members and available rooms to book. Add to that all those people who log in on multiple devices… how could this work except as a lottery?

I visit several times a year and have been to exactly one event… the first time EPCOT was offered which is years ago. I did get in for HS in September… I am so grateful and know enough to appreciate how incredibly lucky I was.

If I had a wish, it would be that there was a way to limit the number of events a member could attend… maybe one a year… regardless of which member was the lead on the registration… if you attended one, that was it for the year.

I really wish all those seeking tickets on May 3 the very best of luck! Geez, I just can’t help but believe there has to be a way to make it less stressful.
Don't forget that members don't have to be staying at DVC resorts. You could stay at any Disney world property to qualify.

Last edited:
Don't forget that members don't have to be staying at DVC resorts. You could stay at any Disney world property to qualify.
We are at Disney but using another members points for that week. If I had know…..I would’ve used his points the first week and our points the second week.

We are at Disney but using another members points for that week. If I had know…..I would’ve used his points the first week and our points the second week.
Exact same thing happened to me last year!

I called MS and CM told me I would be OK… DVC eligible member myself with a Disney hotel reservation in my name… didn’t matter that they weren’t my points. Then she actually called me back to say I couldn’t try for the first round of registration. Needless to say, I tried and she was right. Was more than a little annoyed since if I was booked on cash at a value resort, I’d have been eligible for priority registration!

Anyway, I tried again when the second registration opened but had no luck.

Exact same thing happened to me last year!

I called MS and CM told me I would be OK… DVC eligible member myself with a Disney hotel reservation in my name… didn’t matter that they weren’t my points. Then she actually called me back to say I couldn’t try for the first round of registration. Needless to say, I tried and she was right. Was more than a little annoyed since if I was booked on cash at a value resort, I’d have been eligible for priority registration!

Anyway, I tried again when the second registration opened but had no luck.
I had thought of booking a throwaway room, but decided if it was pouring rain, we wouldn’t be going out with scooter, so decided against it.

Good day all. I’m registered for the may event. I had a cash reservation at one of the resorts. Am I able to either switch resorts or perhaps use points for a dvc stay last minute without it affecting my moonlight magic registration? Thanks

Good day all. I’m registered for the may event. I had a cash reservation at one of the resorts. Am I able to either switch resorts or perhaps use points for a dvc stay last minute without it affecting my moonlight magic registration? Thanks also for cash)
I don't think so, because you will probably get a different reservation number. You can't modify a cash reservation to a DVC reservation and keep the same reservation number. Supposedly, cancelling the reservation you used to get the MM tickets will cause the associated MM tickets to be cancelled also.

But if you can modify the cash reservation to switch to another resort (for cash) and keep the same reservation number, that should be OK.

FWIW, I don't think I would risk it.

I don't think so, because you will probably get a different reservation number. You can't modify a cash reservation to a DVC reservation and keep the same reservation number. Supposedly, cancelling the reservation you used to get the MM tickets will cause the associated MM tickets to be cancelled also.

But if you can modify the cash reservation to switch to another resort (for cash) and keep the same reservation number, that should be OK.

FWIW, I don't think I would risk it.
Ok thank you! In that case I won’t risk it!

So i will be there in may and i missed out on the tickets...they still had sept but I am not there in Sept. Any tips or tricks for the may 3rd 2nd registration? We missed one party due to emergency surgery, another as covid was hitting (we were there but everything closed) so any tips or tricks would be so appreciated.

So i will be there in may and i missed out on the tickets...they still had sept but I am not there in Sept. Any tips or tricks for the may 3rd 2nd registration? We missed one party due to emergency surgery, another as covid was hitting (we were there but everything closed) so any tips or tricks would be so appreciated.
Be on the website before registration starts with as many devices as you can. Phones, tablets, laptops etc. will each be assigned a different queue number and then register with the one with the best number. If that fails, come on here and see if anybody is willing to give up their queue ID in the posts. Good luck.

Be on the website before registration starts with as many devices as you can. Phones, tablets, laptops etc. will each be assigned a different queue number and then register with the one with the best number. If that fails, come on here and see if anybody is willing to give up their queue ID in the posts. Good luck.
Do you know what time of the day general registration opens? Will we receive an email ?

Does anyone know the proper method for opening a queue ID received from someone else (e.g., a spouse)? When registering for a RunDisney event, which uses a very similar sign-up system, I wasn't able to open up another queue ID if I already had a queue open in that browser. I believe the only way to be able to open a queue ID received from someone else is to leave one of your devices' browsers unopened. Can anyone confirm this?

Hello,

I have two studios booked with points for an upcoming moonlight magic event. According to the website "When staying using Vacation Points or Reservation Points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals on their Resort reservation(s)."

Has anyone gotten this to work before? I am wondering if both my reservations will show up tomorrow.

Anyone have any idea where the Moonlight Magic landing page went on the site? When you search for it, there is a result, but the hyperlink just takes you to the main Member Benefits page, where it is nowhere to be found.

Moonlight Magic.jpg

I want to say the early registration day for the July AK event is June 14th, but I want to be sure as I didn't add it to my calendar.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter