Moonlight Magic at Epcot Dec 2017

Was able to get in the system by 9:02, to the page that said you are in line ,do not refresh. Registration form didn't actually appear until about 9:20. I was done by 9:30. Also doing the candlelight that night !

Registered first thing this morning, it took 36 minutes and several crashes until I successfully completed registration.

:earsboy: Bill

Was able to get in the system by 9:02, to the page that said you are in line ,do not refresh. Registration form didn't actually appear until about 9:20. I was done by 9:30. Also doing the candlelight that night !
Me too!

I got in for Dec 11 -- solo trip, so this should be fun!

Could not get a room for Dec 4.
Called Member Services six weeks ago to see if Vero Beach would count. After 30 min was assured that it would count.
Got home from work at 5pm today, online at 5:02....Party sold out.
Called Member services...no help no real info...just sold out but keep trying...
Now stuck with a room at Vero Beach that I was never going to use and no ticket to the party.
I cannot begin to describe my disappointment to go with my frustration.

I will be very disappointed if tickets are being held back for NOV 11 for non-reservation members, especially since these will also be gone during normal work hours.
I guess if you have a job you cannot go to this party even if you are member with a room reservation...Awesome

As soon as I got home from work I tried to book for dec 4 but sold out. I called member services and they said yes it’s sold out there’s nothing they can do. Check back often they told me. Oh well guess I will live. They did say they are checking to see if everyone has reservations. Why didn’t they do that when people booked.

I was on the website around 9:05am yesterday morning using my phone and it kept saying don't refresh and to wait my turn. Finally the form appeared and I was able to reserve our spots for the December 11th party. It was difficult trying to work (I work at a card store) at the same time keeping an eye on my phone for the form to open up. I was completely finished at around 9:45am.

As soon as I got home from work I tried to book for dec 4 but sold out. I called member services and they said yes it’s sold out there’s nothing they can do. Check back often they told me. Oh well guess I will live. They did say they are checking to see if everyone has reservations. Why didn’t they do that when people booked.

I think you should have to put your reservation number in when you book.

I think you should have to put your reservation number in when you book.
It was my first time registering for something like this and I just assumed I would need my reservation number so had it ready. I was surprised that there were no checks in place.

Could not get a room for Dec 4.
Called Member Services six weeks ago to see if Vero Beach would count. After 30 min was assured that it would count.
Got home from work at 5pm today, online at 5:02....Party sold out.
Called Member services...no help no real info...just sold out but keep trying...
Now stuck with a room at Vero Beach that I was never going to use and no ticket to the party.
I cannot begin to describe my disappointment to go with my frustration.

I will be very disappointed if tickets are being held back for NOV 11 for non-reservation members, especially since these will also be gone during normal work hours.
I guess if you have a job you cannot go to this party even if you are member with a room reservation...Awesome

It is allowing me to go in to make a reservation for both dates, maybe you can try today?!

Oh wow, edited-- When I put a number for the party size, the page states "you have chosen a number with no available inventory". Good luck.

Yes, I was prepared to, had the info ready.

It was my first time registering for something like this and I just assumed I would need my reservation number so had it ready. I was surprised that there were no checks in place.

It’s ridiculous you didn’t have to put in a number. Ridiculous.

Every other event they required it- so now tons of people without reservations (like locals) got in when people who had reservations can’t. Bad on Disney here.

We were out of town for a death in the family and missed out on booking this. We have never been to an event before because we have never had a trip booked during the timeframe. We will be there for the 11th and was looking forward to going. I’m thinking it is highly unlikely people will cancel even if they aren’t going because it is a free event. Bummed.

We were out of town for a death in the family and missed out on booking this. We have never been to an event before because we have never had a trip booked during the timeframe. We will be there for the 11th and was looking forward to going. I’m thinking it is highly unlikely people will cancel even if they aren’t going because it is a free event. Bummed.

Right. And the insane part is that they are cancelling the non-eligible people drip by drip since they made the bonehead decision to not require a reservation number- the first time they've done that since these events started back in 2014. So you're now forced to be on all the time refreshing and praying you're on the right second at the right day that they cancel one.

How about they freeze all new reservations- cancel all the ineligibles- and then allow you to signup again AND REQUIRE A RESERVATION NUMBER like they've always done? This cancelling and trickling them out is even a greater inconvenience. They screwed up, and now they're continuing to screw up.

It’s ridiculous you didn’t have to put in a number. Ridiculous.

Every other event they required it- so now tons of people without reservations (like locals) got in when people who had reservations can’t. Bad on Disney here.

I've registered for 3 other events I believe and don't recall ever needing the reservation number once they moved to online. When you had to call in then they verified. So AFAIK this wasn't unusual as the reservation process seemed virtually identical to me with the online reservations. There were reports from previous events of people who weren't staying onsite registering prior to their window since it wasn't checking so that wasn't new either but still it took some time for the events to fill. What may have been new is that a lot of off site people realized that this time.

I've registered for 3 other events I believe and don't recall ever needing the reservation number once they moved to online. When you had to call in then they verified. So AFAIK this wasn't unusual as the reservation process seemed virtually identical to me with the online reservations. There were reports from previous events of people who weren't staying onsite registering prior to their window since it wasn't checking so that wasn't new either but still it took some time for the events to fill. What may have been new is that a lot of off site people realized that this time.

I did Typhoon Lagoon in 2015- first ever DVC event. Required Hotel Reservation.
I did Animal Kingdom in 2016- Required Hotel Reservation at online registration.
I did Typhoon Lagoon in 2017- Required Hotel Reservation at online registration.
I did Animal Kingdom in 2017- Required Hotel Reservation at online registration.

When you would click "Yes" from the drop-down box, a reservation number blank would appear below it.

I specifically remember having to jump into my WDW account and find the confirmation number.

TL and DAK this year all lasted the 2 weeks for on-site only and sold out the first day off-site was allowed. This one is gone in 3 hrs?
This is Disney, these are the days of the internet- people didn't just realize it this time- they just got away with it because Disney used the wrong script (likely the "off-site allowed" script). Big mistake on Disney that they still haven't corrected. You can be off-site right now and be competing for a spot with someone.

I miss the 2015 events- on-site only, up to 10 people per reservation- and it excluded anyone who was off-site. Wasn't bogged down with locals and it truly felt exclusive (mainly TL which can feel overcrowded at these events- sans 2015). Heck, this year at TL I overheard a guy say he'd been to all 4 of them (he was a local). Why they can't just keep it to on-site is beyond me.
If you're a local and want to go- book a room.

Last edited:
Are ppl complaining to member services? Is there a place to file a complaint or someone to call?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter