• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Months w/31 days = 11 months +1 day?

TyRy

Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
Hi all,

I tried three different calls to make a reservation for the night of Sept 30, 2008 - the 11 month mark. All three informed me, and it also says it when I log into the DVC web site, that only reservations for a checkout date of Sept 30 can be made. Does this happen every time there are 31 days in a month and you need to make reservations for the end of a month? The last CM I spoke with said this was the first time she remembered it happening.

Should I keep calling and bugging them (1st CM I spoke with on Monday told me to call exactly at 9am all week cause the 2 bedroom standard go fast at AKV) cause I don't want to have to move for one day midweek. Or is this just a little glitch I had not read anything about before.

Thanks!

Tracy

It does seem as if you should be able to make that reservation as it is 11 months from the listed check out date for Sept 30th night. I wonder if being a leap year some glitch got into the system although it seems it should have shown up before this and the dates on the website are correct for the 7 month window(May 31, 2008) and the cruise reservation dates (Oct 31, 2008) so it just seems to be the 11 month one that is no correct. Call back and ask for a supervisor - something is wrong and they should be able to fix it manually I would think. Good luck and hope you get all those nights you need.

but IMO this makes sense...

I've always viewed it as you can make the reservation 11 months from the checkout day. If you want the night of September 30th you will be checking out on October 1st. Eleven months prior to October 1st would put you at November 1st...

It's based on the checkout day, not the day that you are reserving.

Personally I hope that the system continues to operate in this manner.

but IMO this makes sense...

I've always viewed it as you can make the reservation 11 months from the checkout day. If you want the night of September 30th you will be checking out on October 1st. Eleven months prior to October 1st would put you at November 1st...

It's based on the checkout day, not the day that you are reserving.

Personally I hope that the system continues to operate in this manner.

Looking at it this way I think you are correct and tomorrow would be the day to make that first days reservation. When I posted before I forgot about there only being 30 days in Sept.

Looking at it this way I think you are correct and tomorrow would be the day to make that first days reservation. When I posted before I forgot about there only being 30 days in Sept.

That could be the anomaly - looks like only Sept and November 30th dates may have this happen as the 11 month mark technically falls on the 31st of either October or December. That would explain why MS thought their computers were freaking out.

Thanks for this - I just hope they don't magically fix it during the day and I can't get the room when I call back tomorrow morning.

Tracy

That could be the anomaly - looks like only Sept and November 30th dates may have this happen as the 11 month mark technically falls on the 31st of either October or December. That would explain why MS thought their computers were freaking out.

Thanks for this - I just hope they don't magically fix it during the day and I can't get the room when I call back tomorrow morning.

Tracy

Uhhhh....no, this problem also occurs for April 30 reservations, June 30 reservations.

How does MS handle reservations for October 30 (or some other month with 31 days)... You would be allowed to reserve 11 months from October 31st.

Would that be September 31st??? :rolleyes:
So would you be allowed to make the reservation on September 30 or October 1st?

Just adding fuel to the fire...

I had contacted Member Services regarding the 11-months in advance of check-out and the language on the DVC web site:

Today, 10/25/07, is 11 months prior to 9/25/08. So, shouldn't I be able
to make a reservation today that has a check-out date of 9/25/08?

Yet, today the DVC web site says: "Currently, you may request a
reservation at your Home Resort for vacations that have a check-out date
BEFORE September 25, 2008".

Why is it BEFORE 9/25/08 and not ON OR BEFORE 9/25/08?

Is the web site wrong?

The response from MS:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your email. You are able to book reservations 11 months
in advance of the check out date. It does appear that we need to update
the website. Thank you again for bringing this to out attention.

Buffy

Uhhhh....no, this problem also occurs for April 30 reservations, June 30 reservations.

That's what I get for looking at a broadcast calendar where weeks carry over and not a regular one of just months. I thought there should have been more than two months where this problem happened, but couldn't figure it out...chalking it up to too much sugar today! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter