Monte Cristo?

pharmama

DIS Veteran
I LOVE the Monte Cristo sandwich they have at Cafe Orleans. Unfortunately, I see that Cafe Orleans will be closed during our upcoming visit. :sad:

Anyone know where else I can get the Monte Cristo (other than BB)???

Unfortunately in the parks, those are the only two places that have the MC. Sorry!

Thanks guys. Not the answer I was hoping for. :(

I don't really want to pay BB prices or do BB by myself with a 3yr old- doesn't seem worth it. Oh well.

Anyone know why CO is closed in Mid sept (we will be there 9/11-9/13 and it says closed all 3 days)

Okay....is the Monte Cristo REALLY as good as I have read about? I have reservations at the BB when we are there mid Sept. for a late lunch. (I stashed away my birthday money to treat my family). I have read that although BB is insanely over priced it is something you should do....and trust me, we want to eat there after going by on the POC ride on our last trip.

A big reason we are going to the BB is because of me reading about the Monte Cristo! My husband thinks I am nuts...the amount this lunch will cost :rolleyes2 and I just hope he can't pull an "I told you so" for the rest of our trip and I am not going to regret not buying a Coach purse and wallet like I usually do with my birthday money every year. Yes, I am sacrificing my annual Coach purse to eat a Monte Cristo sandwich! :laughing:

Eddygirl said:
Okay....is the Monte Cristo REALLY as good as I have read about? I have reservations at the BB when we are there mid Sept. for a late lunch. (I stashed away my birthday money to treat my family). I have read that although BB is insanely over priced it is something you should do....and trust me, we want to eat there after going by on the POC ride on our last trip.

A big reason we are going to the BB is because of me reading about the Monte Cristo! My husband thinks I am nuts...the amount this lunch will cost :rolleyes2 and I just hope he can't pull an "I told you so" for the rest of our trip and I am not going to regret not buying a Coach purse and wallet like I usually do with my birthday money every year. Yes, I am sacrificing my annual Coach purse to eat a Monte Cristo sandwich! :laughing:

Of course it's a matter of personal opinion, but in MY personal opinion absolutely! It's seriously one of the things I look forward to most when going to DL lol. I've had it both at CO and at BB. The atmosphere at BB is nice, but it was something that for me once was enough. We eat at CO every trip though and we ALL get the MC.

Thanks!! I seriously can't wait to try it! As far as the BB.....I just want to do it once. We were so intrigued by it every time we rode past. My kids are 8 and 12 so not little little anymore. Not so young that they can't sit still and I can't enjoy my meal, but still young enough for this to be really special. And I will wait an extra half hour for a water side table...if I am only doing this once I want to do it right!

Honestly, I would rather have the purse. I know everybody loves it, and it is good, but we all left a bit disappointed in the food. And nobody had to give up a purse for it!

Given that I started this, obviously I will say YES! But like VictoriaAndMatt I agree that experiencing BB once is enough so we always go to CO to get it.

I'm not a Monte Cristo connoisseur but I've had them a few other times/places and they couldn't hold a candle to the DL version.

Since it sounds like you're going around the same time as me and CO is not an option and you've never done BB before I'd go for it as you have planned (and visit a Coach outlet? ;) ).

No worries Eddygirl :goodvibes:

Eddygirl said:

Oh dear, a Coach handbag is on the line? As a fellow Coachie, may I suggest splitting the Monte Cristo with your husband? It is huge! And then stopping at a Coach outlet to get your Coach fix. :)

Some people adore the Monte Cristo and others are not that impressed. Put me in the category of the not impressed. But to each their own! I think the BB is overpriced for what it is, but on the other hand I am glad I have experienced it.

Alrighty then......sounds like I am on the right track! Now to keep to my diet until we get there. I have a feeling I am going to need some wiggle room in my pants! popcorn::

I just found out that Radko is not making Christmas ornaments for Disney anymore....Radko is another addiction of mine besides the purses...poor DH. Sooooo I just might pick up a D&B bag at Disney as my souvenir. I could hang it on the tree, right? So technically it could be a Christmas ornament. ::yes::

I have never been to DL. Going my first time September 23 - 26. Trip is for my 40th birthday. After reading about people's must do's for restaurants, I decided to go with BB because of this sandwich. Am I nuts? Never had one before... might never again... but I figured why not? Hubby and I can split it, since dessert for ones birthday is a must! (even if it is not there, depending on the fullness levels when we are done with lunch) So I made late lunch reservations for September 24th. :wizard:

My DH and I split one and paid the split plate fee so we'd each get our own sides. So huge, but so good!!!

DW and I are going Sept 22 -24 and our first meal is going to be at BB for lunch. My DW loves the Monte Cristo and we went a two years ago and split the meal and if was perfect.

Just go get a couple big sugar donuts, shove some ham, turkey, and cheese in there, microwave it for about 30 seconds, and voila!

starry_solo..That's a great idea! Pharmama....why don't you call them and ask? Explain your predicament ( small child in tow) and how disappointed you are not to get your favourite sandwich of all time? Maybe if you get the right CM it could happen...........

You are staying in a resort hotel, right? I am surprised room service in the resort does not offer the beloved Monte Cristo! I wonder if you could ask?

Good grief...it is too bad we are not there at the same time! I think you arrive when we leave. I would totally get one for you before we leave the BB!!!!

Some people adore the Monte Cristo and others are not that impressed. Put me in the category of the not impressed. But to each their own! I think the BB is overpriced for what it is, but on the other hand I am glad I have experienced it.

I had the MC for the first time 2 years ago. I HAD to try it because of all the love it gets on the boards. And because I remember my Dad getting it at the BB when I was a little girl. I am glad I tried it...but I probably would not get it again. I can eat a good amount but I could not do the MC justice. I was only able to eat a quarter of it! My husband on the other hand loves it and was able to eat the whole thing!

Mickeybell said:
I had the MC for the first time 2 years ago. I HAD to try it because of all the love it gets on the boards. And because I remember my Dad getting it at the BB when I was a little girl. I am glad I tried it...but I probably would not get it again. I can eat a good amount but I could not do the MC justice. I was only able to eat a quarter of it! My husband on the other hand loves it and was able to eat the whole thing!

My daughter and I split one and get a cup of gumbo. I couldn't eat a whole one either. My husband eats a whole one plus the gumbo. I don't know where he puts it lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter