Monsters Inc. Rollercoaster Green Lit

The Monsters Inc. Coaster is a long ways off, but will be next to Toy Story and will also probably be a kiddie coaster because Studios already has two thrill rides. The Monsters Inc. meet & greet will be moved to Pixar Place when this happens in the same style as the Toy Story meet & greet because this is working really well. Part of why Fant. is going down to twice a week is because of these new attractions, so get excited for Monsters Inc but it's still a few years away!

I agree they need another kiddie ride. There isn't too much there for my DD4. We like the shows but she won't ride either thrill ride and everything else there for her is a show. I know the thrill seekers will be disappointed but they have enough to keep them coming.

About 4-5 days ago a news and rumor site had this attraction as likely to happen.So with that and then a couple of days later the video on the employee website,this looks like it will likely be happening.Sounds cool,another indoor coaster,I'm just wondering where exactly will it go.

I heard "Studio 1" Which is the studio at the way back of Pixar Studios

The kids will grow up to be teenagers and adults so lets go with the thrills on this coaster. Multiple tracks maybe with loops and Helixes for on one and family style for the rest. I think that the DHS should be less kiddies and more teens and up. BRING ON THE THRILLS! :woohoo:

I would be all for this roller coaster as long as it doesn't have any of those corkscrews/inverted curves. They give me instant headaches and put me down in bed for the rest of the day. :sick:

I love all of the Disney coasters that don't have them though! Very adult friendly! :cheer2:

I love EE and MS but I rode RnRC once and not only instantly hated it while I was on, but felt sick the rest of the day. I hope the new Monsters Inc. coaster is not quite that wild!:eek:

I think that a new ride at the studios is a great idea! I have to vote for non-thrill though! The whole point of Disney for me is there alot of things I can do with my children and now my grandchildren! We live 3 hours from CP and I have not been there in years. I do Disney at least once every year.

I highly doubt this attraction will be a thrill-ride.

To appeal to the younger set, and this most definitely will and will have to, I see it being much more like the Peter Pan dark ride in MK, suspended from above and moving ever-so-gently through a darkened warehouse, into and out of closets, bedrooms, etc.

I wouldn't get my hopes up that this thing is going to be some high-octane E-ticket.

That MTV article was very fascinating . . . news of a sequel is exciting, though I somewhat question the reliability of the article if they didn't even bother to spell Peter Docter's name correctly (they spelled it "Doctor"). :confused3

And as for whether the ride would be a thrill ride or a family ride, I think a balance between both would be suitable. Mild but wild, if you know what I mean. But supposedly Disney is trying to market DHS to the more thrill-seeking crowd, hence Grad Nights moving from MK to DHS. Who knows.

I like the picture posted before doesn't look quite like Kraken, but not your run of the mill carnival coaster like barnstormer... I think one image posted before would be a great family friendly coaster and they could theme it really well with Monsters Inc.....Without the water of course..... I think that kids 8 and up will love it..

Carowindscoaster.jpg

I'm not clear on what happens with Backlot Tour... Will it be shut down during construction of the new ride, or permanently closed?

I hope it stays open - I'm not hearing a lot of love for it here, but it's a favorite of mine.

Here's hoping for at least some mild thrills. I really want it to feel like the sequence in the film. If the Imagineers can even come close to that, it'll be a great attraction.

I hope there is at least one big hill kinda like there is in the movie

It would be neat if you actually rode in the movie as it is in the Door Chase scene, down the big hill and all

I have 3 kids. 2 of them have outgrown Peter Pan and Small World and now think WDW is not all that great and Universal is better because of the coasters. Build the thrill rides; there is sooooo much to do that is not thrill ride at WDW, there's plenty for everyone. Build other stuff that would be calm for the little ones as well in the same area.

When DH and I saw Monsters Inc. for the 1st time, I thought the scenes with the doors flying seemed like a great concept for a ride. When will Disney hire me for my ideas? Now they can redo Indy Speedway into the Piston Cup:)

My DS would go NUTZ if they re-themed Indy speedway. How cool would it be to actually race around in Lightning McQueen!! :cool1: :thumbsup2

The kids will grow up to be teenagers and adults so lets go with the thrills on this coaster. Multiple tracks maybe with loops and Helixes for on one and family style for the rest. I think that the DHS should be less kiddies and more teens and up. BRING ON THE THRILLS! :woohoo:
Great idea but won't happen. :rolleyes1

Disney needs to keep inline with the more imersive rides and not worry so much about the thrills. Leave that to US.

This would be sooo amazing if this was the ride. Every time I have watched Monster's Inc I have said that the doors scene should be a ride. Well done!

:)

Now they just need to figure out how to strap me to a door...:idea:

Actually, I wonder how "intense" the ride will be? I would love a ride similar to Everest in that it would be a story based coaster ride with pauses to continue the story.

Queue would have various rooms from the company including the trash compactor, the Scream Extractor area, changing room with lockers, Roz's office and then you enter the Scare Floor where the coaster starts.

Start up on the Scare Floor as the CDA alarm goes off. You hear Mike yell "It's the CDA! We gotta get outta here!" Sulley yelling "Hang on!" Ala Rockn'Roller Coaster you launch and head into the large door storage area. After a few near misses with doors and "head-choppers" you slow to a complete stop partially entering a darkened bedroom. You hear Boo say "Uh-oh!"

Randall then jumps out at you as the coaster reverses back along a new track. At this point you pass through a series of bedrooms using all kinds of themes as Sulley explains that they have to find a way back to Boo. You stop going backwards at a Y and see another closet door with Randall closing in on Boo. Boo however hammers him with a bat and you see poor Randall change several colors before the door slams. Sulley says "Good job, Boo! You showed him!" along with Boo's chanting along. Mike groans "Can we go back now?" and the coaster heads forward now and takes the other fork. As you pass the door you notice it "fall" (high def vidscreen).

You now reenter the Door Storage room but at a much higher level than when you entered it the first time. (Due to the launch you had climbed several hills to burn off speed earlier). You have a big drop with a couple of turns before finally coming back into the "Laugh Floor". A seperate unload area with Mike and Co. all happy and enjoying the new work atmosphere. :cool2:

Disney really needs a few more coasters ... it already is the greatest place on Earth, but it doesn't hurt to be a little greater

I really agree with adding more thrilling coasters and rides/experiences in DHS. I think right now DHS needs some major overhauling. Last time we were there we spent most of our time around rockin rollercoaster and ToT or near Star Wars. I think expanding the idea of these rides would be ideal. Keep most of them kid friendly, but give some stuff for the older "kids" out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter