Monsters INC Ride Idea

mikehund

Earning My Ears
So aftyer just seeing Monsters inc, of course the imagineer part of my mind has been turning like cogs of a wheel. What do you guys think of a Monsters Inc Roller coaster idea for the studios. The main idea of the ride would be to get The little girl back to her door with the help of Mike and (whats that other Monsters name) The scen when they are traveling through the wharehouse of doors is what I am thinking here. Your adventure would take place as you coast around the rails of the wharehouse and travel in and outr of differernt doors. One door might take you to Paris while the other may take you to ROme or London. Get the idea? People in the car can vote interactively on The destination of their doors. I think it would be an awesome idea. What do you guys think?

Mike

The other Monster is named Sully.

YoHo, you really should have posted when you first thought about it :) :) :)

I love the idea, but hope it's more than just a roller coaster. Perhaps some high(er) speed areas, but more imaginative and creative slower areas. The whole concept could be the launching ground for an unbelievable attraction.

Everyone who's seen the movie has come up with this 'idea'. I hope someone at Disney takes note and does something with this. I would like to see something which moves along at about the same speed as the Pterandodon Flyers over at IOA, but an indoor attraction with some interesting scenery and maybe with a little more speed in a few parts.

I would like to steal, i mean borrow :) an idea from the spiderman ride at Universal Islands of adventure. I think the ride should be like that one. instead of the gobblin guy land on your car and shaking it when he jumps off you could have the bad monster (I am drawing BIG blank on his name). and then you could simulate the movement through the warehouse like the "fall" on the siderman building that fooled me pretty good. and then the 3D part could be the doors opening and flying thorugh them and stuff getting thrown at you.

I would like this ride, as it seems many people would.

Mike

I'm gonna agree with Johare here on the ride mechanism. At least part (or perhaps all) of this attraction needs to be suspended from a track above. Pt....n (forget the spelling attempt) Flyers is exactly the idea. Except indoors (of course) and made into E-ticket quality.

It could be the first suspended kiddie coaster. No loops, but some quick parts. Maybe like BTMRR.

I would have posted before johare if I hadn't moved out to the West Coast. johare had seen the movie before my 7:30 show even started.

There are just so many good Ideas here. I don't think that this could be done in Imagination without major work to the building though.

YoHo, that's my concern too. 1) I don't want Monsters, Inc in Future World & 2) I want the attraction to be a suspended-flight type of experience. The worst case scenario is one that violates 1 & 2.

Aside from the roller coaster idea, did anyone else think that Monstropolis would make a cute overlay on the New York Street section of MGM-Disney Studios?

Well, if BK is truely about Animals that exist only in our imagination, then hello Sully & Mike. Something around this theme would be a great start for BK and might fit in well with the "Big December Announcement". I really don't see M. Inc. working in the Magic Kingdom anywhere (FantasyLand being too European and everything else seems out of place). However, a new land, BK, would be a great place for the Scare Pair.

Ole Tigger's mind is just a churnin'!!!

had the same thought when DS and I saw the movie in fact I said to him what a great Ride this would be.

the bad monster I think you are thinking of is Boggs.

here is my twist all of the above a suspended rollercoaster interactive with different ways to go.I have always said I wish the little ones could do splash mountain.If there was another rail for them to go off on and ease them down instead of the big drop.So this ride could go like the above said thru different doors and varing degrees of speed and excitment depending on the riders.And have two endings one really exciting thrill for the older and more thrill seeking people and another for the younger crowd and the ones that just like a calmer ride.

Mal

Be prepared for the big December announcement...the biggest, fastest, most amazing "Monsters Inc Spinner" ride!

This is too funny. My husband and I said the same thing tonight after we saw the movie. I thought that the warehouse of doors scene was the best part of the movie. It would be a great ride Going through one door to be somewhere else and have some fast parts too.

I had wondered why they didn't already have a ride since all of the merchandise is on the shelves and Sully and Mike are in the MGM parade. I'm hoping that they get to work on a Monster's Inc. ride soon ~ LOVED the movie :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter