• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor

ChrisnKim913

DIS Veteran
Ok so I hate to admit this, but last Sunday was the first time I have ever done the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. I was literally crying from laughter. An instance poped up where the one monster (don't know his name... just know he was purple) asked a lady in front what her name was. He kept asking it, slowing down, doing sign language.. this went on for a good 5 minutes b/c she was asian and didnt speak english. I was doubling over in laughter b/c of how the monster was interacting. He finally asked if she speaks english and she said no. His mouth dropped and stayed there. Everyone was laughing hysterically. He then said "you mean to tell me I have had a 10 minute converstaion with someone who doesn't speak english?!". I have to say I was incredibly impressed with this attraction. I know those instances don't happen every time and that makes it unique. My question is it usually the same characters and jokes?

Ok so I hate to admit this, but last Sunday was the first time I have ever done the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. I was literally crying from laughter. An instance poped up where the one monster (don't know his name... just know he was purple) asked a lady in front what her name was. He kept asking it, slowing down, doing sign language.. this went on for a good 5 minutes b/c she was asian and didnt speak english. I was doubling over in laughter b/c of how the monster was interacting. He finally asked if she speaks english and she said no. His mouth dropped and stayed there. Everyone was laughing hysterically. He then said "you mean to tell me I have had a 10 minute converstaion with someone who doesn't speak english?!". I have to say I was incredibly impressed with this attraction. I know those instances don't happen every time and that makes it unique. My question is it usually the same characters and jokes?

We have done the Laugh Floor many times, and while there are some things we have heard before, it is usually pretty fresh. The people who do the "improv" are amazing and really on their feet to make the interactions so hilarious. We literally laugh until our faces hurt. We love the Laugh Floor! :goodvibes

There's always something new, as people can send in their own jokes and they'll use it in the show. Which is pretty amazing. But parts of the show is always the same as well.

DD LOVES the Laugh Floor! I find the process of getting through to the show a bit long-winded, but once you're in it's great. We save this for either when lines start getting long at the attractions or if we just want to cool off for a while in the air con because it can be a time-eater otherwise.

If you enjoy Laugh Floor Monsters Inc., then also try Turtle Talk with Crush in the Seas at Epcot - it is more child focused.

"Duuude."

:thumbsup2

We loved it when we did it. DD was chosen as Boo and one of our jokes was used. That made it even better!

If you enjoy Laugh Floor Monsters Inc., then also try Turtle Talk with Crush in the Seas at Epcot - it is more child focused.

"Duuude."

:thumbsup2

Oh TOTALLY, Dude! We went back numerous times last trip (DD is 10!!) because the kids in the audience just made the show so great!

We know a couple of the "voices" that work the Laugh Floor and the key is that most have improv comedy skills... so they can make it fresh a lot of the time and play off the audience real well!

Our family also loves the show. DD5 was chosen as Boo on our trip this past October. I would love for DH to be chosen...that would be hysterical! He is always so worried that they will pick him.

My understanding is Laugh Factory is all computer oriented. Saw a special on tech a few months ago and they showed the Laugh Factory and how it worked.

I've seen Laugh Floor many, many times. Just last week, the show was one of the funniest ones I have ever seen. Have been to a few that are just meh, but it's always worth my time to go! I also love turtle talk. Wish that the comedy club and Adventurer's club were still around. Improv is the best!

My family and I personally have always skipped this attraction. I think this time around we will do it, sounds great. :)

You should skip it, it's usually a fast moving line ( never waited more than 20 minutes I think ). And the show is actually very entertaining and fun every time I went.

Our last trip was our first experience with The Laugh Floor and we all really liked it. DS4 was chosen out of the crowd for part of the routine, which made it that much more memorable. He was wearing an orange T-Shirt, the same as the monster doing the joke,so they played off of that. But, my son is really shy and he wouldn't say his name, so finally my husband said it for him and the joke was "oh look, a vantriliquist act"!

I was the unlucky one that was picked out and zoomed in on. Those who have done the show know what I'm talking about. I will say though the family enjoyed it and the wait isn't bad even in peak season. (AC is noce too!! ) Give it a try it's a laugh!

I wonder the Monsters 2 coming soon if there maybe a refurb to bring the show up to date a bit.

One of my 3 fave attractions at MK (Peoplemover and POC being the other two...). It's a can't miss for my family. We laugh till we cry each time...

We went over President's Day weekend and honestly, went to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor just to rest our feet... Probably the funniest show we've ever seen there! Tears were rolling down our faces! I wanted to go again on another day but was afraid it wouldn't be nearly as funny. Kuddos to the CM's who are the monsters in the show - they are indeed quick on their feet with their comments and responses! Great show!

I love the laugh floor, but I was so sad when my joke was chosen and flopped last time I was there... Granted, it was more for the adults in the audience, but COME ON! I could hear a cricket chirp! "Where does the elephant go for his skin problems? --The Pachydermatologist!" :rotfl: :rotfl2: Whatever, I was happy and the announcer must have enjoyed it too otherwise he wouldn't have picked it. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter