Monsters Inc Laugh Floor "That Guy"

Standing out seems to help although its not a guarantee. About 5 years ago I was picked, but at the time I had a pretty good sized Afro so I was easy pickings for someone just scanning the audience. The other people picked were a few kids and then a mom.

I got picked for "Feels like dancing". Apparently I did too good a job. I got called back as the Bobby Bogs dancer at the "awkward" point in the act and once again with "Dance Fever" when a little princess said she wanted to grow up to be a doctor. (Yes, there is a reason why photos and videos are not allowed.) Seems like selection is more likely if you are at a well lit seat near the center aisle. My DD was ecstatic!

I was picked to interact with Buddy and his mind reading trick. Was sitting way off to the right. It was a hoot of course! Have had relatives picked to be That Guy too. No rhyme or reason to the seating or look of the participant.

I've been Sulley, the churro person, and a Buddy Boyle psychotic dancer, but never that guy.

My DH was "That Guy" once. DH is an average-looking guy; 6' tall, brown hair and eyes, non-descript glasses, etc.- just pretty average. He was wearing a bright blue tee shirt with a white "m" on it as we were attending MNSSHP and our family costume was that we were a bag of m&ms… so you know the shade of blue that I'm talking about. Anyhow, DH is also pretty laid back, so I wasn't sure what'd happen, but he played it up to the hilt and the audience loved him! They gave him a big sticker that says "I'm THAT GUY" which we put over a button, and he wore it all night. I bet about 10 folks came up to him after to say how much fun he made the show. I was pretty astounded. I wasn't sure what'd happen if he was picked, as DH is not a huge Disney fan… but he's an amazing daddy, terrific uncle, and an incredibly good sport! It was lots of fun!

(PS on the costumes: I bought different colored tee shirts at ACMoore, to match the colors of m&ms. I used sticky-sided white felt to make the correctly-shaped "m" and put one on the front and back of each shirt. I also bought colored craft paint, and painted old pairs of crocs to match each shirt. We all wore khaki-colored shorts and our shirts/crocs. Traveled with my sister and her family, so we were different colored "m&ms"… red, orange, yellow, bright green, bright blue, tan, and brown… just like you'd get in a bag of m&ms. We got lots of positive comments on the costumes, they were easy to make and pack, and we were all appropriately dressed for the warm evening!)

Count this girl in for wanting to be "that guy", but never getting picked for anything on the Laugh Floor!

This year, I was on-screen before the show, when they just show random audience members with funny captions. Mine was, "Can burp the alphabet." The woman seated next to me got picked for the mind-reading act.

Our last trip with DGS, my DH was "that guy" to the delight of DGS!:goodvibes
The funny thing is, on our very first WDW trip (I think around 1992) DH got picked to be in the Golden Girls skit! He was a police detective who had to come to the door.....don't remember too many details....except that they had him wear a trench coat and fedora-style hat. Since DH was wearing shorts, he looked like he had no clothes on under the coat--so he looked just like a dirty-old-man flasher!:rotfl2::rotfl:

My husband was "that guy" at the end of August. He was sitting at the end of the row near the middle of the room. He happened to have a blue cooling towel around his neck, so the running gag was that he was the "sham wow" guy.

I ended up getting accidentally separated from him and was in a different aisle at the end of a row, and I ended up being picked for the mind reading trick. So that was kind of fun. :)

I think "that guy" has a certain tough, mean or grumpy look, lack of charm and possibly disheveled...
Try wearing something that stands out...like bright shirt. I was picked once (to get up and dance) and I sure didn't want to...realized I was wearing a bright yellow shirt...stood out I think.

:thumbsup2

A friend of mine was "that guy" twice in one day :rotfl2:

I've been that guy twice. I m pooh sized and I think both times I may have been wearing red polo shirt so I guess I stood out. Agree with a poster I was sitting on right in about the second row. Loved doing it and will always be a stop on the tour to be that guy. Last time they'd gave me a sticker thanking me for being " that guy."

I was "that guy" twice on the same trip and both times I was sitting right side middle near front.

My DH was that guy once. I don't remember where we sat but I know what he was wearing. He had on a hideous bright orange hawaiin shirt. He stood out like a sore thumb.

My husband was also chosen last trip, sitting on right about 3 rows from front. He did have that disinterested look because he was hoping to take a nap during that show and probably looked it. He wore the sticker the rest of the day and got lots of comments about being "that guy". We loved it! :goodvibes

We weren't chosen as "that guy" but they did pick on us over and over because my entire family of 7 all had on matching Mickey shirts. We were sitting on the right side. A few of the desk lights were right in front of us.

The camera and lighting can be moved to many locations, but one of the more popular presets for "That Guy" is 3rd row from front, right side section (house right), near the inside aisle.

My husband was "that guy" our first trip. His name is Mike, that seemed to be a running gag- and he is bald and very broad in the chest (muscular) The kids loved it. He got a button I think that said "I'm THAT guy"
I was That Guy and didn't get a button!

My brother was "that guy" 6 foot tall and shiny bald.

Then another trip girls were the "talk to the kids" together after makeovers. Same time FIL was Sulley.

Same trip different time in attraction DH was "dancing guy" he was wearing a Perry the platypus shirt. Same time in attraction little DD was "talk to a kid" he asked her the same joke as last time and she totally ruined his punch line. He stumbled and said " you've got a human genius on your hands!"

My husband was "that guy" our last trip. We had all been to the Pirates league that day and he had the full skeleton pirate face on.

My husband was that guy on his birthday. He was wearing mickey birthday ears.

I got to be the rebel spy on my birthday. The CM actually asked me to take off my 3d glasses :-) I was wearing home made jar-jar binks mickey ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter