Monsters Inc Laugh Floor -- How to be "That Guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done the laugh floor like 20 times, it's one of my favorite attractions... But I would have swore that "that guy" was always in the spot/area..

That guy (when I've went) has always been on the right side, like 4th row, a few seats from the center isle... If I wanted to be "that guy" I would sit there... :thumbsup2

my dh has been that guy twice...we sit in about the middle of the right hand section, about 5 rows up...and both times he was in Halloween make-up...ghostly white... he loves it. He's a ham.

I've never been "that guy", but during last year's visit I was chosen for other roles on two separate occasions. "That guy" always seems to be the least suspecting of the audience. When we're there, it seems to have always been the "bump on a log" type person.

I have been through the Laugh Floor many times and I have been chosen to be Mike W. about half the time. My DW and I joke about it being my turn again.

I don't think it is related to your seat. I think it is more related to what you look like and what you are doing. Perhaps participation (or lack of) in the "Hello Humans" bit helps single out "That Guy"

Apparently the key is to wear a comouflage hat and look completely disenchanted. They get my DH EVERYTIME!! Not with the that guy. He has never been that guy but he's always the guy buying churros and one time he was the dancing guy.

Little did they know my disenchanted camo wearing husband was ready to ham it up. :joker:

We have only been to the show a few times as my husband dreads being picked but my daughter's boyfriend joined us this year for his first visit and wanted to do it.

So the inevitable happened and my husband was picked as my guy. He is shy but joined in and was great, we were so proud of him and the sticker is now a treasured item but I think it will be a while before he visits the attraction again !.

We were seated on the right near the front (not through choice just the time of our arrival) and he would have looked like someone that did not want to be picked.

We took my Grandpa for the first time in August to this attraction. We got there around the afternoon and not a lot of people were in the preshow area. My grandpa starting telling us aout how he thinks its recorded and planned out. When we finally got to see the show, he got one of those microphones in his face and had to state where he was from (The whole Capital skit with the two headed monster). He was clearly shocked! We were sitting in the second row on the right hand side.

Looks like the right side is the way to go!

We were there in March and I was disappointed that they changed the show. We saw it twice and while "that guy" was still in the show, I missed the "story" with all the characters. I wasn't real impressed with the geography and psychic bit.

Last December I was picked for "This woman thinks a monster is sitting behind her", so I looked behind me and made a scared face It was so much fun. I was in the middle, but I don't remember which row or if there were lamps.

Last year my husband was That Guy and we sat towards back near center aisle and we didn't have any lamps in our row. So it must be totally random.

We took my Grandpa for the first time in August to this attraction. We got there around the afternoon and not a lot of people were in the preshow area. My grandpa starting telling us aout how he thinks its recorded and planned out. When we finally got to see the show, he got one of those microphones in his face and had to state where he was from (The whole Capital skit with the two headed monster). He was clearly shocked! We were sitting in the second row on the right hand side.

Looks like the right side is the way to go!

Twice we were in there during the Mickey Not So Scary Halloween party. Both times my husband was dressed as a caveman and was picked both times as 'That Guy'.:rotfl: We were on the right side too, down fairly close to the bottom.

How about a shirt that says "My Mother-in-Law calls me "That Guy". You can too!" :)

I had a shirt made for my 6 year old son with Mike on it, and he was picked to be on the screen. :) They had a caption that said buys his clothes from Monster's Department Store or something to that effect! He loved it!

My husband was that guy a few years ago .we were in the back and my husband did have long hair (ok very long hair ) and the monster said "all the way in the back from the land of no barbers was that guy " we almost died .we still laugh about it and the best thing my husband keeps his hair short now .Good luck

I was "That Guy" once. I remember that I had not shaved in a few days, and was enjoying being with my family -not a thought in my head about being chosen for anything

I wasn't "that guy", but the one that had to get up and dance :cool1:, and was behind the guy that was going to give us churro's. As others stated, each time we were there, it was a guy to the right, 2nd row somewhere.

We were there in March and I was disappointed that they changed the show. We saw it twice and while "that guy" was still in the show, I missed the "story" with all the characters. I wasn't real impressed with the geography and psychic bit.

Totally agree

If it helps, there are a couple different acts to the show (like geography vs the story act) that randomly rotate, so next time you show up you could get the story - there's no way to predict it!

I am totally going to make a black shirt with bold white letters on my chest that says "That Guy" and try and sit in the front few rows and get spotted!

Or...maybe a shirt that says "I love churros!"?

I'd love to be "That Guy", too. I think it's a great running gag, and more often then not I see people who were in the show run into "That Guy" again, and if "That Guy" is a good sport, they'll make reference! It's lots of fun.

My kid got interviewed at one show last year, but they had to move on as she got shy. Oh well...

I love Monsters, Inc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter