• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor-how do they pick?

Only saw the show once. . . A lot of people have anxiety about being put on the spot. My husband was nervous the whole time he was going to be chosen---once he realized how the attraction operated.

I'm sure he'd go again if I said I really wanted to go in. . .but why put someone through that if they are uncomfortable. . .

When we did see the show, the person chosen as "Mike" always covered one of his eyes with his hand. . .he gave it a fun effort! :)

When we did it during our first trip me and the daughter were the main ones they picked. My g/f stayed outside and did other things instead. We were wearing Santa hats as it was December. So I would say that probably had alot to do with us being picked. The daughter's hat was pink and said princess on it. She got hammered for it with multiple jokes and enjoyed every minute. I still remember the best one was.. 'Thinks she is a princess but is really daddy's little monster'

I was chosen and believe me that's not my thing but it wasn't so bad. The kids thought it was hilarious.

I'll agree with this. I'm the same way...please don't pick me, please don't pick me. And of course...I get picked. I was the person who had to put the antenae on their head and think of numbers outloud, etc etc. My oldest got the bigest kick out of mommy being on the screen, he was about 5. Mind, I was trying to stay quiet as I had a 8 week old asleep on me in a baby bjorn. I had my sweatshirt covering over him, so you really couldn't see him too well! I can't imagine what would have happened if he woke up!:rotfl:

I think it's random. I've seen it once, and have been avoiding it since because I do not want to get picked.

Well, I was chosen because it was late at night and I was exhausted, so I was sitting there staring off into space. They captioned me 'has no idea where she is' and boy were they right. I spent the next half a minute looking around, confused, asking my bf where that bright light was coming from.

So my advice if you want to get chosen is to try to conform to one of their caption jokes.

My little girl got picked, but she was sitting in my lap. I had read somewhere, no idea if it's true, that people on the ends tend to get picked more. I started to sit down at the end of a row and this lady behind me told me "no" they were planning on sitting there. I do not argue with strangers on vacation so I scooted into the middle. The rest of my family were separated and they sat at the top. So Lily and I were really enjoying the show and I was waving her arms around. She was just over 1 then. And poof, she was on the screen as Boo. Then my Dad was on the screen as Scully. And the two ladies beside me were not on it at all. So, I think it's random.
Heather

Well, I was chosen because it was late at night and I was exhausted, so I was sitting there staring off into space. They captioned me 'has no idea where she is' and boy were they right. I spent the next half a minute looking around, confused, asking my bf where that bright light was coming from.

So my advice if you want to get chosen is to try to conform to one of their caption jokes.

:rotfl: that's hilarious!!

We went twice in one day in December, and it seemed to me everyone who was being picked was near the center aisle or in front of a lamp- until the very last person, a little "princess" in our row near the outside end. That threw my theory for a loop.

there are no cameras in the lamps. there just a couple of cameras, mounted high on either side of the center screen. just like turtle talk. they're capable of panning the entire audience (and then some) and recalling certain positions (for 'that guy' for example).

for the SNL type thing in the beginning, it'd pretty much be random. for the interactivity, it would help to be near the aisles for accessibility purposes for the CM with the mic

DD 4 was picked as Boo twice. Both times we sat on the far side of the audience (near the exits) in the middle. The first time she was in a bit of shock and didn't know what to do, a few days later they picked her again so she knew what to do right away, problem is she'll probably expect it next time too.
I think who they pick has a lot to do with who looks the part more than where you are sitting.

My girlfriend got picked to be the subject of the mind reading gag. She had to do the hands/fingers up in the air for the antenna. I was LMAO! She kept telling me she wanted me to sit in front of a light as she'd seen people picked from there more often than not. So, she puts me in front of the light and then *she* got picked. It was awesome! :)

About a year ago I was selected as "That Guy" throughout the show. My family was in stitches! At the end they gave me sticker, which we have prominently posted on you "wall of fame" at home.

I was sitting right beside "that guy" in December...We were right in the middle of an aisle around three rows up.
He was a really good sport about it (you have to be)...I heard his grand kids laughing on the way out and saying I can't believe Grandpa was "that guy"...

I loved this show!!!!

We didn't get picked but we didn't in front of a lamp. I'm pretty sure it's pretty random but thats what makes it fun!

Enjoy it if you get picked and have a laugh!!!

I think it is more or less random. I do know certain clothes and etc can help. We went during a MNSSP and I was dressed as a fairy. We weer off to the left and I felt I was safe. Next thing, you know I was on the screen with the tagline - "Feels like dancing" or something like that. So, I got up and danced. When the show started the purple monster, forget his name, comes out and they flash me back on the screen and goes - "That fairy can dance".

We all got a laugh out of it. Later that night while walking through the park I heard a little boy say to his mom, "He, there is the dancing fairy". :banana:

We lost it. :rotfl:

We didn't get to see this last year. Are they making fun of you and that's why most people don't want to get picked? Just curious!

My dd got picked as Boo last time. She was wearing a lavender tshirt and she is very petite so maybe that's why? We were sitting on the left side, a few rows in towards the middle. I think it's random but who knows.

She was not happy! She hates being in the spotlight and barely tolerates pictures. It was hysterical but I'm mean because it was extra funny because of the way she reacted when she didn't like being picked.

The show is really cute. :)

I have been "picked" nearly every time we have gone (about 5 or 6 visits since it began).. my kids love it, and so do I!!!!

I was chosen twice, once they just panned to me on the opening (i forgot for which one) and the last time (last year) the monsters asked to pick a number & they would guess, I think it was the 2 headed one, I don't remember. But it was just luck & I wish I knew because I hate being picked!

We got picked on the last visit out of 3, which is where we were wearing our bride and groom ears.

DH got picked when they said "You wanna see something really scary? This guy has 4 ears!" Then it panned across to me and they said "Ah, it looks like he's found his perfect match".

We loved it! I'm pretty sure they often pick people with ears on for that one at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter