Monsters INC Laugh Floor and Very Uncomfortable

I'm with you OP. That did happen to my husband and me. We intentionally sat in the back at the end of a row, with no lights in front of us. We were told they always pick the people who sit in front of the two lights on the table/stand(?) and if you sit in the middle or front. Soooo, we did not do that and we were picked anyway. I am really shy and just couldn't think of one funny thing to say, neither could my husband. We just wanted to see the show, sit down and rest in a cool area,not be part of the show. Since then, we have not been back. We love the show, but it was that bad for us. We are older and not interested in participating. I think it was the most boring interview that they every did LOL. So, you are not alone. We took the "chicken's" way out and just don't go there!

I made a deal with DH.
If I have to do Monsters Inc Laugh Floor then he will have to do primeval whirl in Animal Kingdom with me and he agreed. He dosen't like spinning dizzing rides so I think that makes it fair.

Sweet payback. And may I add if you should get picked :o ....... he has to ride the tea cups too!

Totally get you, I would not be happy to be picked and my DS who is often with me would be in heaven. It does seem they mostly pick in the middle area, which scared me last month because it was a full audience, they made everyone move all the way through and I was stuck in the middle. I was def a low rider in the seat. :worried:

I love this show and have seen it many times. They never pick people in the back. So, if you're shy, just head towards the back.

I love this show and have seen it many times. They never pick people in the back. So, if you're shy, just head towards the back.
OK, I just realized this is from 2008. Why are all these old threads showing up at the bottom of the screen? I just read an old thread about the $190 pillow on the DCL forum and now this!

I sat in the back and while not in the actual show, they put me on camera and commented
about how I looked lost. I thought that comment was kinda rude and still have to hear about
it from my family. So, no, you cannot really avoid being shown on camera.

I'm with you OP. That did happen to my husband and me. We intentionally sat in the back at the end of a row, with no lights in front of us. We were told they always pick the people who sit in front of the two lights on the table/stand(?) and if you sit in the middle or front. Soooo, we did not do that and we were picked anyway. I am really shy and just couldn't think of one funny thing to say, neither could my husband. We just wanted to see the show, sit down and rest in a cool area,not be part of the show. Since then, we have not been back. We love the show, but it was that bad for us. We are older and not interested in participating. I think it was the most boring interview that they every did LOL. So, you are not alone. We took the "chicken's" way out and just don't go there!

We have been to Monster's Inc a number of times and my DS was chosen twice and loved it. My DH wanted to get chosen but never has been. Me...I didn't want to be on that large screen and didn't want to have to talk in front of an audience...guess what...I was picked to participate during our last time there. I felt embarrassed and didn't even know where to look...at the screen? at the camera? My mind went completely blank and I felt like a total fool! There were six of us in our party and I was the only one who didn't want to get picked. Since that trip, I have made numerous excuses to avoid Monster's Inc.

OK, I just realized this is from 2008. Why are all these old threads showing up at the bottom of the screen? I just read an old thread about the $190 pillow on the DCL forum and now this!

Geez ... I feel suckered. I wish they would make a change to the programming to block these zombie threads. I'm sure there is a code to eliminate that "advertisement." Ugh.

The preshow Cast Member has access to an intercom that goes directly to the Green Room and the CMs in the theater can step backstage into their break room and give the Green Room a call. From there, they can organize with the Monsters to ensure you are not picked. If the severity of your concern is high and the CM refuses, an Entertainment Leader (different department) should be able to accommodate your request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter