Monsieur Paul

I think the French do a wonderful roasted chicken.
They also do very tasty chicken dishes en papillote or gently poached as you mention.

Our favorite restaurant in France generally used the parchment paper method.
I'm also glad M Paul are accommodating.
I hope you all have a lovely dinner.
Roast chicken, I suspect, is looked at a lot differently in France than it is here...and they treat it differently based on the cooking requirements of the white and dark meat,,,

The parchment method is brilliant..

Thank you! I will post my report afterwards...and photos if I can figure out how to post then here !

Hope you all have a great time!

I made clear that my no seafood request was a preference, and I would try the scallops if it couldn’t be substituted. It seemed like they didn’t yet have a standard protocol but he consulted with the chef to see what was possible.

My wife also later told him she didn’t want the cheese plate - she just doesn’t like cheese. The waiter insisted he speak with the chef to see what he could do instead. They brought her a BEAUTIFUL fruit plate with a raspberry gastrique - the first time they’ve made it, per the waiter.

Thank you!

I think that’s it - they aren’t going go have protocol until they have settled in, but it’s clear that they genuinely want everyone to have a wonderful experience.

How lovely that they did that for your wife!

The key to shattering skin and tender meat is butterflying the bird, starting it in a cold stainless, cast iron, or carbon steel pan, with as much skin touching the pan, then flipping and finishing it to temp in a moderate oven. And the a good 20-minute rest. Pour off most of the fat and use the drippings as a sauce. You could gild the lily by whisking in some whole butter at the end.

The key to shattering skin and tender meat is butterflying the bird, starting it in a cold stainless, cast iron, or carbon steel pan, with as much skin touching the pan, then flipping and finishing it to temp in a moderate oven. And the a good 20-minute rest. Pour off most of the fat and use the drippings as a sauce. You could gild the lily by whisking in some whole butter at the end.
That sounds sooo good

Hope you all have a great time!

I made clear that my no seafood request was a preference, and I would try the scallops if it couldn’t be substituted. It seemed like they didn’t yet have a standard protocol but he consulted with the chef to see what was possible.

My wife also later told him she didn’t want the cheese plate - she just doesn’t like cheese. The waiter insisted he speak with the chef to see what he could do instead. They brought her a BEAUTIFUL fruit plate with a raspberry gastrique - the first time they’ve made it, per the waiter.
thank you for sharing this! My husband and I are chefs, and Im going this december and was lucky to snag a resy- I was a little nervous with the price, but it looks excellent! Photos never do anything justice haha its all about how it tastes! After reading your review I am SO EXCITED!!!

Thank you!

I think that’s it - they aren’t going go have protocol until they have settled in, but it’s clear that they genuinely want everyone to have a wonderful experience.

How lovely that they did that for your wife!
I agree. I think this runs like a classic French restaurant, where they don't post options, but are happy to accommodate once seated :) My husband hates special requests as a cook becasue it messes up timing in the kitchen, but sometimes hell get one and treat it like a challenge! Im excited to eat here!

I agree. I think this runs like a classic French restaurant, where they don't post options, but are happy to accommodate once seated :) My husband hates special requests as a cook becasue it messes up timing in the kitchen, but sometimes hell get one and treat it like a challenge! Im excited to eat here!

Makes sense!

It’s also good business sense to be accommodating to whatever extent they can - especially in this setting.

Makes sense!

It’s also good business sense to be accommodating to whatever extent they can - especially in this setting.
In real life, yea. But at a Disney theme park restaurant the returns from repeat diners aren’t as fruitful as a typical restaurant’s.

Thank you so much for posting about M. Paul opening. We were able to snag a table last week! It is clearly a soft opening. There were only 4 tables. Each table had its own server. We got a lot of attention! It was amazing.

I completely understand the cost is high. For us, it was worth it. I was completely blown away by several of the courses.. my photos look a lot like @Jetku !

It started with a glass of champagne. There was an intermesso of this really interesting pear liquor (apparently they grow the pear inside the bottle!), and the chocolate dessert had cognac in it. We don't drink a lot. So that was a lot of alcohol for us. YMMV.

We both ordered the escargo. The watercress and potato emulsion was out of this world. I've never had escargo that wasn't just a vehicle for butter and garlic. I'd never had anything like it before.

I got the sea bass in the puff pastry. That puff pastry was so buttery and luscious. I am still having dreams about that one. My husband had the snapper. It was really good, but the puff pastry was the clear winner.

The chocolate dessert was very cognac heavy. It was super delicious but it was a heavy dessert. I had the meringue dessert. It was light. The ice cream was so good. And the berry flavors really popped. I would order either of these again!

The two courses that were good, not great were the mains and the cheese courses. I'd be happy with those in say Chefs de France, but it they weren't up to the level of all the other courses.

They would have let us stay for Harmonious if we wanted, but we were able to leave and get a great view at the bridge to France.

I will definitely be back next time!

Thank you so much for posting about M. Paul opening. We were able to snag a table last week! It is clearly a soft opening. There were only 4 tables. Each table had its own server. We got a lot of attention! It was amazing.

I completely understand the cost is high. For us, it was worth it. I was completely blown away by several of the courses.. my photos look a lot like @Jetku !

It started with a glass of champagne. There was an intermesso of this really interesting pear liquor (apparently they grow the pear inside the bottle!), and the chocolate dessert had cognac in it. We don't drink a lot. So that was a lot of alcohol for us. YMMV.

We both ordered the escargo. The watercress and potato emulsion was out of this world. I've never had escargo that wasn't just a vehicle for butter and garlic. I'd never had anything like it before.

I got the sea bass in the puff pastry. That puff pastry was so buttery and luscious. I am still having dreams about that one. My husband had the snapper. It was really good, but the puff pastry was the clear winner.

The chocolate dessert was very cognac heavy. It was super delicious but it was a heavy dessert. I had the meringue dessert. It was light. The ice cream was so good. And the berry flavors really popped. I would order either of these again!

The two courses that were good, not great were the mains and the cheese courses. I'd be happy with those in say Chefs de France, but it they weren't up to the level of all the other courses.

They would have let us stay for Harmonious if we wanted, but we were able to leave and get a great view at the bridge to France.

I will definitely be back next time!
wow, thanks for sharing!

I have a reservation for 7:15 on Wednesday - can’t wait ! I’ll post afterwards !

Was your dinner closer to 3 than 2 hours? Especially as I’ll be by myself, I hope I’m still there for Harmonious !

I’m addicted to gougeres - I hope they’ll allow me more than one, lol.

Champagne is pretty much the only alcohol I ever drink, and not very often...I end up nursing it throughout my meals, lol

Is the sauce in the fish a butter sauce? It looks magnificent, but I hate butter, lol. I had planned on getting the fish with potato scales since I adore potatoes and I love it when fish is prepared that way.

Ah, you had the vacherin...I’m so glad they offer that as I LOVE meringue ❤️❤️❤️

wow, thanks for sharing!

I have a reservation for 7:15 on Wednesday - can’t wait ! I’ll post afterwards !

Was your dinner closer to 3 than 2 hours? Especially as I’ll be by myself, I hope I’m still there for Harmonious !

I’m addicted to gougeres - I hope they’ll allow me more than one, lol.

Champagne is pretty much the only alcohol I ever drink, and not very often...I end up nursing it throughout my meals, lol

Is the sauce in the fish a butter sauce? It looks magnificent, but I hate butter, lol. I had planned on getting the fish with potato scales since I adore potatoes and I love it when fish is prepared that way.

Ah, you had the vacherin...I’m so glad they offer that as I LOVE meringue ❤️❤️❤️
Ours was a little over 2 hours. I think we ate fast. If you let them know, they will definitely be accommodating. The service was amazing, they were very helpful.

Tell them about your butter issues. I would stay away from the puff pastry, it had a butter sauce with it. And the puff pastry had just enough flour to hold the butter together. Super rich. Go with the snapper and potatoes. It's so cool how they make it look like scales!

And I think the meringue was better than the chocolate. I'm a huge meringue fan too.. they had a swiss meringue on top of the ice cream and then little french meringue kisses on top of it. We both thought it was the better dessert (not that I would refuse that chocolate sphere - the presentation on that was amazing.)

Ours was a little over 2 hours. I think we ate fast. If you let them know, they will definitely be accommodating. The service was amazing, they were very helpful.

Tell them about your butter issues. I would stay away from the puff pastry, it had a butter sauce with it. And the puff pastry had just enough flour to hold the butter together. Super rich. Go with the snapper and potatoes. It's so cool how they make it look like scales!

And I think the meringue was better than the chocolate. I'm a huge meringue fan too.. they had a swiss meringue on top of the ice cream and then little french meringue kisses on top of it. We both thought it was the better dessert (not that I would refuse that chocolate sphere - the presentation on that was amazing.)

Thanks! That sounds perfect - I love dining solo, but 3 hours is pushing it, lol

Yeah, it’s the snapper for me! Yum! I don’t mind if a sauce is a bit buttery, I just don’t want it to be all butter

Oh man…I wish more restaurants served meringue desserts 🤤🤤🤤

I assume you left the park you were in early?

Thanks! That sounds perfect - I love dining solo, but 3 hours is pushing it, lol

Yeah, it’s the snapper for me! Yum! I don’t mind if a sauce is a bit buttery, I just don’t want it to be all butter

Oh man…I wish more restaurants served meringue desserts 🤤🤤🤤

I assume you left the park you were in early?
I wouldn't worry about the pacing. They were amazing. The service was absolute perfection.

And yes, we did park hop. Spent the day in MK, then went back to our room and changed into nicer clothes. We were dressier than others in the restaurant... but no one was in shorts. Polo shirt and pants level of dress. I think it would have been dressier if they were outside the parks, but if you are staying in EPCOT all day, you don't want to be too dressy.

And I am in complete agreement with you on meringues!!

I wouldn't worry about the pacing. They were amazing. The service was absolute perfection.

And yes, we did park hop. Spent the day in MK, then went back to our room and changed into nicer clothes. We were dressier than others in the restaurant... but no one was in shorts. Polo shirt and pants level of dress. I think it would have been dressier if they were outside the parks, but if you are staying in EPCOT all day, you don't want to be too dressy.

And I am in complete agreement with you on meringues!!

Thank you!

Thats my MK day also - will be nice to get out of sweaty clothes, lol.

Roast chicken, I suspect, is looked at a lot differently in France than it is here...and they treat it differently based on the cooking requirements of the white and dark meat,,,

The parchment method is brilliant..

Thank you! I will post my report afterwards...and photos if I can figure out how to post then here !
The breed of chicken is critical in my opinion. Bresse chickens are the best in my experience.

I just watched the entire video. One of the best and most balanced reviews of high end DISNEY dining. I thought it was a very fair critique and well worth watching.
Can‘t wait!

Interesting that you emphasized Disney fine dining. I haven’t wanted to say this, but sometimes I feel there’s a bit too much criticism to WDW dining in that people are comparing the restaurants to home town restaurants. It’s apples to oranges - Disney is feeding many thousands of people a day; it’s not nearly the same as an “ordinary” restaurant. Of course I want to eat well when I go to Disney, but I don‘t expect the same kind of quality as I would at local restaurants I love that serve probably far less than 100 a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter