Monsieur Paul - anyone eat there last night?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Marthasor, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

Hi! Monsieur Paul was supposed to open last night so I'm just checking in to see if anyone ate there? We have reservations for Saturday and I'm not sure if it's even open yet!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

I think the Parks Blog posted that the re-opening was today. I have no idea if there have been media previews prior to today, though.

4. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

We have ADR's for January, so we're curious too!!

5. IrishPixies

IrishPixies Earning My Ears

I just finished lunch in Chefs de France and the hostess confirmed Monsieur Paul opens tonight. I'll be there Friday.

6. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

Waiting with bated breath!! Anyone? Bueller?

7. TinkerBelle_325

TinkerBelle_325 Magical Musing Meg

I will be eating at Monsieur Paul on December 20th :) I'll report back as soon as I can!

8. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

I have reservations there tomorrow (Wednesday) at 5:45.

9. TinkerBelle_325

TinkerBelle_325 Magical Musing Meg

Looks like ehagerty ate at Monsieur Paul tonight! She is in the process of posting a review on the dining review board.

10. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

11. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

12. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

OMG, the photos and descriptions of that opening night meal have got my salivary glands on overdrive. Must try out this new menu on our next trip.

13. Cheshire Figment

I ate there this evening.

Technical points:

1. They do have a kids menu. However they offer the regular menu to everyone and will bring out the kids menu only on request.

2. The rumors of a new chef are somewhat exaggerated. He arrived in early April and not during the rehab. Also, he worked for Paul B for about ten years.

3. I was able to get copies of the regular, kids, and dessert menus. I have scanned them to a pdf file and have sent an e-mail to Admin to tell me to whom I can e-mail the file so the DisBoards menus can be updated.

4. Meal was up to its usual very high standards. Only problem we had with our server was he was not sure of the translations to English for some of the minor items in each course.

14. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Good Sailing Master. Average Banjo Picker.

We have ressies Saturday; will let you know.

15. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

The review, the pictures fabulous, I look forward to the experience! I noticed that the escargots were prepared in the same manner as for F&W (we enjoyed these tremendously) , not as a ravioli as the menu dictates.

16. IrishPixies

IrishPixies Earning My Ears

I dined at Monsieur Paul tonight. I loved it but I really enjoy a more formal menu and the chance to dine outside my comfort zone. I had the fixed price menu. The salmon was delicious and I don't typically care for salmon. It was a lovely starter. I chose the lobster for my appetizer and it was very good. My entree was the lamb which I have never order in a restaurant because I am really picky about the way it is prepared. You get a huge portion with an asparagus and goat cheese tart plus a little cassoulet of beams and ham/bacon. All very good. I chose the Grand Marnier souffle as dessert and it was orangey eggy goodness. A great meal.

They did have an issue with charging dining credits. So I do need to get that fixed at my resort. They charged everything to my card. Minor inconvenience.

I know a previous poster said there is a children's menu but they must really not want to use it. I was alone so observed quite a bit and one family ordered the fixed price menu for their son and even when he didn't touch any of the food before the entree nothing else was offered. Another party nearly left when they couldn't get a children's menu. Both parties handled it quite well and the two children were awesome little people - the kind you never mind being seated near.

I cannot wait to return with foodie friends!

17. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

How much is the Prix Fixe?

18. Cheshire Figment

For cash and charge customers $89.00

For basic DDP it is 2 entitlements plus $30.50

For Deluxe, Premium, or Platinum it is 2 entitlements plus $14.50.