Monorail to Contemporary

D1sneyDad

"Ear"ly Freakish about Disney
We are going to have our own car and will be at EPCOT until 7pm at which time we will leave to go to the Contemporary for dinner at California Grill. I was thinking it would be fun to take the Monorail there and after dinner, around 10:15pm, take the Monorail back to EPCOT to get our car. My question is that if EPCOT closes at 9pm will they be taking people back to EPCOT after the park closes at 9pm so we would not be able to get our car or will we still be able to get there after dinner?

Would it be safer to just drive our car to the Comtemporary and forego the Monorail?

Thanks for the help DISboard pals!

Joe

I believe the Monorail to and from Epcot runs 2 hours after it closes, however it would go a lot later if they were having Evening Extra Magic Hours. Although I would take your car to be on the safe side and even if you did take the Monorail you would need to change to the Resort Monorail at the TTC after arriving from Epcot.

You could park at the TTC and monorail to/from Epcot and Contemporary without worrying about when you'll get back.

You could park at the TTC and monorail to/from Epcot and Contemporary without worrying about when you'll get back.
THat would be my suggestion. Rather than park at Epcot, park at the TTC, ride the monorail to Epcot, enjoy your day, take the monorail back to TTC, change monorails to the Resort line. Eat and then return to the TTC, via the monorail and get your car.

Parking at TTC is a great idea! :cool1: I knew my Dis friends would have some great suggestions. :worship:

Thanks!

Joe

Having tried this myself a few times, I say forget the monorail entirely on that night.

Drive to Epcot in the morning, spend the day, and drive direct to Contemporary for dinner.

After a long day in the parks, and a big meal at Contemporary, the last thing you want to do is hop a monorail to get to your car. You will be tired, and all you'll want is to get to your car and get back to your room.

That's not to say that you should forget the monorail entirely; find some time in your trip to ride the monorail around MK, or take the Epcot monorail there and back. But do it in the middle of the day, not after a long, exhausting day in the parks and a big, sleep-inducing meal at one of the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter