• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail resort with separate sleeping area?

addlepated

Earning My Ears
What's the least expensive option if I want a monorail resort that has two separate sleeping areas?

If the answer is to get two rooms: is there a definitive answer on whether they will guarantee connecting rooms for 2 adults and two kids (8 and 6)?

You'd need a suite, and that's going to be BIG bucks at the monorail resorts.

They won't guarantee connecting rooms, sorry.

It's not on the monorail, but have you considered a 1-bedroom villa at VWL? Or a cabin at Fort Wilderness? Both are a short boat ride from MK and CR, where you can catch a monorail. Either option would be considerably less than a suite at a monorail resort.

The least expensive option is 2 connecting standard rooms at the Contemporary (garden wing).

No, they will not guarantee connecting rooms, unless the number of kids outnumers the number of adults. I have heard that people get around this by saying their husband or wife is only 17. That counts as adult for tickets and the dining plan, but in the room, it's "technically" a child, so if there are three "children" and one "adult" on the reservation, and 2 rooms are reserved, they will guarantee them connected.

If you want a suite type room, the Contemporary and Polynesian both have small suites ranging from about $780-990/night. Most have a room with king bed and a separate area with either a sleeper sofa.

We stayed at the VWL last summer and it was just HEAVENLY. I adored it. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, but my husband (the man who was vehemently opposed to going to Disney World EVAR) has declared that we simply must stay at a monorail resort this year when we go back. :laughing:

I think the fact that we waited about an hour one night for a launch to the MK from the WL didn't help his perception of the non-monorail resorts.

We stayed at the VWL last summer and it was just HEAVENLY. I adored it. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, but my husband (the man who was vehemently opposed to going to Disney World EVAR) has declared that we simply must stay at a monorail resort this year when we go back. :laughing:

I think the fact that we waited about an hour one night for a launch to the MK from the WL didn't help his perception of the non-monorail resorts.

Did you know there is also bus transportation from WL to MK? If I notice the boat dock is overflowing, I head straight for the bus. It's actually closer to VWL to take the bus than the boat anyway. They also changed the boat transportation, so that the boats go to EITHER FW or WL, so the resorts aren't sharing boats anymore. This was done after my trip last September, and I imagine that has made a big difference in wait time at the end of the night. Also, depending on the time of day you are traveling, you can also take the small boat from WL to CR and walk to MK (or vice versa). Depending on how late MK is open, this may or may not be an option. I love VWL too - I'm going back for two weeks in September :cloud9: .

Probably the cheapest suite on the monorail line (and by cheapest, it's still way over my budget) are the few suites in the wings at CR. I think there are only two or three now that CR is down to one wing. But for the money you could save by staying at VWL, you could probably take a taxi back from MK if you needed to - well, taxi from one of the monorail resorts anyway.

They also changed the boat transportation, so that the boats go to EITHER FW or WL, so the resorts aren't sharing boats anymore. This was done after my trip last September, and I imagine that has made a big difference in wait time at the end of the night.

Now that is nice to know! Thanks! :goodvibes

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that the Deluxe Garden Rooms at the Contemporary had a separate sleeping area.

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that the Deluxe Garden Rooms at the Contemporary had a separate sleeping area.

I just did a ton of searching about this after your post and apparently there's a website that has a one bedroom suite incorrectly labeled as a deluxe garden room. Too bad, too, because that room looked really nice.

The deluxe rooms in the wing are just an oversized room with a sitting area, not separate sleeping quarters. There are some suites in the wings, but they are a bit pricey.

What's the least expensive option if I want a monorail resort that has two separate sleeping areas?

If the answer is to get two rooms: is there a definitive answer on whether they will guarantee connecting rooms for 2 adults and two kids (8 and 6)?

how about waiting until 2010. then hopefully the CRV will be open.

wishing it will be CRV!!!:yay:

right now the CR - has 2 queen beds and a day bed (twin bed) - so if the problem is the kids - they can sleep apart in the same room with you at CR or Polyn or GF.

how about waiting until 2010...
Nooooooooooooooooo! :scared1: :sad1:

ETA: My goal is to find someplace where Mommy & Daddy can put the kiddos to bed and be able to watch TV and stuff and not wake them up. It's not so much the number of beds but more having separate areas that I'm after.

My DD is only 2 (will be 3 by our trip), so we were interested in the same thing. We looked at the VWL... but personally I felt they were not "Disney" enough... mind you, this is a judgement based solely on pictures and web-based research... this will be my first trip. In the end, we are looking at doing a regular room at either the GF or Poly. We will just hang out on our balcony/patio while the little one sleeps. Since your kids are even older, maybe this will work for you? I just could not fathom spending the $780 minimum for a 1 bedroom suite... and I will pay pretty much anything for anything. But at Disney, the room is really just home base, not the main focus of the trip.

Just my opinion...

The Family Suites are not on the monorail.
They are in fact located at a value resort but they do offer families an affordable way for parents to enjoy a little privacy while vacationing with their children.

--------------------------------------------

Family Suite info;

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

They have a stap and with a gental one handed pull they open right up. They also fold very easily.

Note:

Mousekeeping will make up the each day and close them for you.
If you decide to close them in the morning to make more room--mousekeeping will pull them back out to make them up and then close them back up.up.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed Internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter