Monorail Playset

perfectparanoia

Mouseketeer
My son desperately wants one of these for Christmas. However, they are no longer offering them on the Disney Store website.

So, I am hoping to bring one back in my suitcase (somehow keeping it from him, should be interesting) but I have two questions:

1. How big is the box?
2. How much is the basic playset?

Is there anyone there (or who has recently purchased one) who can let me know?

Did you know you can ship it from Disney to your house. You save the Florida sales tax so it offsets the cost of shipping and you don't have to worry about it. We shipped gifts home last trip and they arrived about a week or so after we got home. Didn't have to try to fit them in your suitcase or think about them again!

It's a very big box. I would have it shipped home as the PP suggested. If you can find it. Last December I went to WDW hoping to find the train set because it was sold out online, and couldn't find it anywhere at the World. But, it was the train, and also it was Christmas time.

Yes! Have it shipped from the store.

We have been able to purchase sets within the past year at the gift shops at GF and Contemporary.

A few years ago we bought the Castle Playset and the Spashehip Earth playset and had them shipped home. We did all of this while the kids were at the Neverland club.

About a week after we got home we received the two items in non-descript cardboard boxes and we kept them this way until Christmas. The kids never knew or suspected and they were very suprised.

It's a very big box. I would have it shipped home as the PP suggested. If you can find it. Last December I went to WDW hoping to find the train set because it was sold out online, and couldn't find it anywhere at the World. But, it was the train, and also it was Christmas time.

We're flying southwest so any extra baggage is free. I have no problem bringing an extra bag, I just need to know how big.

Thanks.

According to the box in front of me and the measuring tape in my hand the box is 27"L x 11"H x 4 3/4"D.

I believe the cost these days is $79 although amazon has them for $99 & laughingplacestore for $86.44

Check the website. Unless I'm hallucinating I just got an e-mail showing the Castle set, train set, Tree of Life set and the monorail. I do need a good night's sleep so hallucinations are possible...;)

good golly the Amazon reviews from people really were negative!

basically saying it is super cheap-o and falls apart easily.

that was from 2009 though....is this a newer, better version? for those who have it is it a decent quality product?

Check the website. Unless I'm hallucinating I just got an e-mail showing the Castle set, train set, Tree of Life set and the monorail. I do need a good night's sleep so hallucinations are possible...;)

I got that too. Unless I was just part of your hallucination :eek:

Does someone have a pointer to a thread which details
the different kits for this toy (even no-longer-available sets).

For example, what COLORS of monorail have been released? (and when)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
BLACK (available now)
TEAL (available now)

Which Add-Ons have been for sale?
----------------------------------
Contemporary Resort (now)
Spaceship Earth (now)

Which people sets
------------------
Pixar People (now)

Also, can anyone answer me this... are all of the CURVED tracks
oriented always in the same direction??? I.E. is it possible to
combine curved tracks so that it makes an "S" shaped path. or is it
kind of like lionel train track, where it can only connect one-way?

I almost bought the TEAL train and contemporary when I was there in
June, but I went overboard with STAR WARS WEEKENDS junk, and didnt
want to charge another $200.

djb

Does someone have a pointer to a thread which details
the different kits for this toy (even no-longer-available sets).

For example, what COLORS of monorail have been released? (and when)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
BLACK (available now)
TEAL (available now)

Which Add-Ons have been for sale?
----------------------------------
Contemporary Resort (now)
Spaceship Earth (now)

Which people sets
------------------
Pixar People (now)

Also, can anyone answer me this... are all of the CURVED tracks
oriented always in the same direction??? I.E. is it possible to
combine curved tracks so that it makes an "S" shaped path. or is it
kind of like lionel train track, where it can only connect one-way?

I almost bought the TEAL train and contemporary when I was there in
June, but I went overboard with STAR WARS WEEKENDS junk, and didnt
want to charge another $200.

djb

Check out this thread, there's a lot of information on what has been released so far.

I got Monorail Teal last November at the MK's Main Street Emporium and it was $72.95 before tax. Also saw Black, Red and Yellow on the shelves back then. Castle and Contemporary playsets were available as well. And good news regarding the tracks: You definitely can combine the curved tracks any way you want!

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter