Monorail "Just for Fun" Question

disney_mommy

"Dear god, what am I doing? This is half a man."
I will be in the World in January and have a dinner ADR at Kona. I was thinking we could make an evening out of it and travel the monorail and check out all of the monrail resorts. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've only ridden the monorail once, so I'm not sure of the details. TIA! :thanks:

Pretty simple really. From Poly, your first stop will be GF, followed by MK, CR, TTC, and back to Poly. Hop off at GF and CR and check them out - there's plenty to see, especially at CR. Depending on what time your ADR is, you may want to consider watching the MK fireworks from the observation deck at CR. The beach at Poly is another great location.

Lastly, consider changing to the EPCOT monorail loop at TTC. That's a longer loop, and passing though EPCOT after dark is pretty in my opinion. EPCOT is the only stop - just stay on and it will take you right back to TTC where you can either grab the resort monorail back to Poly or take the easy/pretty walk along sidewalk.

I will be in the World in January and have a dinner ADR at Kona. I was thinking we could make an evening out of it and travel the monorail and check out all of the monrail resorts. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've only ridden the monorail once, so I'm not sure of the details. TIA! :thanks:

This is actually our first day ritual. We love taking the monorail to each of the monorail resorts. We visit the shops, grab a bite to eat, and just soak it all in. The best part..... IT IS FREE! My dream is to stay at the Poly, but for some reason, we love stopping at the Contemporary. They have a very nice gift shop and the monorail runs right through it. In fact, you can be shopping in the gift shop and feel the monorail roll above you.... kind of neat. I have not been there since the reconfiguration of the dining, but I am looking forward to it in March!

THe Poly and GF are also fun to visit, though GF is my least favorite.

Enjoy!

Duds

This is actually our first day ritual. We love taking the monorail to each of the monorail resorts. We visit the shops, grab a bite to eat, and just soak it all in. The best part..... IT IS FREE! My dream is to stay at the Poly, but for some reason, we love stopping at the Contemporary. They have a very nice gift shop and the monorail runs right through it. In fact, you can be shopping in the gift shop and feel the monorail roll above you.... kind of neat. I have not been there since the reconfiguration of the dining, but I am looking forward to it in March!

THe Poly and GF are also fun to visit, though GF is my least favorite.

Enjoy!

Duds

Duds,
Totally off topic (sorry for the hijack!) but I noticed your SCSU logo. I went to school there (1997-2001) and now live in Hutchinson!

On topic,
We haven't done a full monorail tour and gotten off at each resort, but we have just ridden it around. It's a nice ride and put the baby right to sleep. ;) On our upcoming trip next month, we just might do the resort hopping though, we haven't explored much of the Poly or GF ever.

If it's an adults only trip, and if you enjoy fermented or distilled produce, consider stopping in at each MK resort and having a drink. Great appetite stimulant.

Bill From PA

This is great info. We're having dinner with Mickey at CM on our arrival night. I planned on doing the monorail but wasn't sure how it would work. This helped a lot. Looks like we'll be stopping and letting the kids do a little shopping on arrival night.

Por Favor Manténgase Alejado de las Puertas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter