• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail Bar Crawl...What are good lounges to go to?

Mike Mouse

Earning My Ears
My DF and I are getting married in June and one of our four nights of celebration with our guests is doing a monorail bar crawl. Im not familiar with any of the three resorts it stops at or the lounges in those resorts. Does anyone have some good suggestions of "Must check out" lounges and drinks? Thanks :)

We like the Tambu at Poly. Our favorite drinks there are the Lapu Lapu and the Island Sunset
We also like the Grand Floridian Colada at the the Grand Floridian. It has Blue Curacao.

We've done the monorail bar craw with some of the DIS Unplug podcasters and it was fun. You should be able to find the segment in the podcast archives. It's the 9/5/12 show.

Anyway, in the Poly the Tambu Lounge tends to be very crowded, with lots of children around, because a lot of people are waiting for to be called for 'Ohana. At the GF, Mizners is great for a relaxed setting, and would be on my list of don't miss lounges. At the Contemporary, we went to the Top of the World Lounge (DVC members only) which is also a very nice place. If you can't get in there then try to get to the bar at the CG.

I like the Poly Lounge also...Tambu....and like their Mai Tais there. Also, they have pretty good apps...I got potstickers and wings there once.
I know it's a little "off" the monorail line, but you can take a boat ride from any of the monorail resorts and be at the Wilderness Lodge and I love their lounge. I highly recommend the fondue there!

also, don't forget the availability to extend the monorail bar crawl to the Wilderness Lodge. From the CR, just go down to boat launch and take the boat over to the WL. Our favorite bar on property is a hidden gem called Territory Lounge. You can walk right by the entrance if you are not careful. Quiet hideaway with a few seats at the bar, some tables and couches. When you combine it with the Trout pass pool bar, it is worth the nice little boat ride each way. :thumbsup2

If you really want to extend it, take the boat to Ft Wilderness and hit up Crocket's Tavern as well.

Wow! These are all great suggestions. And for awhile I was getting a lil worried that there wouldnt be enough bars at the resorts and boy was I wrong. Thanks very much....looking forward to it

WendyWuWu said:
I like the Poly Lounge also...Tambu....and like their Mai Tais there. Also, they have pretty good apps...I got potstickers and wings there once.
I know it's a little "off" the monorail line, but you can take a boat ride from any of the monorail resorts and be at the Wilderness Lodge and I love their lounge. I highly recommend the fondue there!

How long of a boat ride is it?

Just a quick addition...
While most of the bars at WDW share some common mixed drinks on their bar menus, somehow the regular sangria at the Tambu Lounge (also served at Kona Cafe) is the best I've ever had. Maybe it was the location or the fact that I first had it on my honeymoon, but it was so good!
We're planning on doing an "around the lake" for the first time on our trip in November so thanks for this thread!

+1 for both Poly and Wilderness Lodge. Tambu lounge's Lapu Lapu... well it's a cocktail in a pineapple, 'nuff said. And the cheese fondue at WL - delicious!!

Love this. My DH and I did this on our last trip. Wish I would have known about the Wave bar. For the GF we sat outside at the pool bar. Can't wait for our next adult only trip in November 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter