Money on your room card

Bon

Mouseketeer
Can I put cash money on my room key card when I arrive and check in at our resort? Or set up some kind of "account" with money that I leave?:confused3

I asked This at the YC when we checked in a couple weeks ago. The CM suggested that I just come down and pay with cash at least 1 day before we left. So that's what we did. We charged everything to to the room key and the night before we lieft we settled up with cash. It was easy :thumbsup2

I think I probably could have put cash on the account but the CM said this would be easier so we would not be putting more cash on the account than we used. We kept teh cash in the safe in the room which is a key lock safe and had no issues at all.

I did it on check in. I handed over $800 in cash. That went on my room key. If there was any left over, I would get it back. LOLOLOL! *whew* Nothing left over. In fact I ran a little short. They sent me a reminder that my account was out of money, and gave me the option of me giving them more cash or putting it on my card. I gave them another $200 and got the remaining $85 returned on check out.

It goes make you watch your budget though! That trip I wasn't using dining (since ala carte was actually cheaper) so that's why I opted for the cash budget. When the money's gone, it's gone. No digging yourself into more credit card debt.

I added $500 cash at checkin at POP and agree it does go very quickly, when you're just swiping a card!

I added more when it got low and then tried to carry a small amount of cash everyday and put tips and a few bigger purchases on the room. When I checked out there was a small credit balance and I got this back in cash.

Whether you do cash or link a credit card to your room key, you can request a print out of your account at anytime to monitor what you're spending and I found that useful at the end of everyday to 'balance' my spending.

DD and I are there in 2 weeks and I plan to do a mix again, cash in a chunk on the room and then take a small amount of cash with me. This way I dont have to carry lots of cash, but aren't worried about running up a big credit card bill! DH would kill me! lol

Sounds good except what happens when you are on the DP? Do you just have to tell the CM if your paying OOP for something or using a meal credit?

Yes, just make you tell them how you're paying and when you get the bill, make sure they know if you're charging the tip or paying cash.

We put our cash on a gift card to use it. This way we had the balance with every recipet we got. Not sure if it's easier, but it worked out well for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter