• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Money on Board?

NCHeel23

Mouseketeer
I'm aware that you must register money for your on board account but can you do this with cash or debit card instead of an credit card?

Hi,

While I have never used just cash at the port to check in, I have used a debt card. You could probably use cash though, I would assume? I think their is a certain amount that they request you have available and then whatever is not used on your cruise they give it back to you based on the checkin method you used. For instance, when hubby and I sailed in Feb on DCL I am pretty sure they requested $500 on our visa for our Wonder cruise and then as we sailed we gave them cash or travelers checks at guest services onboard for any onboard purchases we made for that day. So, when we got off the ship we only had a $50 charge on our CC (cause' you don't want to wait in a long line at Guest services to pay for your stuff on the last day of your cruise, hence we had some charges from the last day). :)

I used my debit card on our first 3 cruises. They charge the "card" every so often.

Yes, you can put down cash or use a debit card as long as it has a credit card logo on it like Visa or Master Card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter