• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
irisbud...Congratulations on having an official delivery date!! I hope your delivery goes smoothly. :)

So yesterday I finally broke down and bought a few maternity tops (it was all 1/2 off at Kohl's!). I'm at the stage where if people know I'm pregnant, they'll think I'm starting to show a bit. But if you don't know I'm pregnant, you'll think I'm just getting fat. I figured maternity tops would say "Yes, I'm pregnant, not just fat." ;) Going shopping today with my mom to look for some work pants.

Part of me is nervous to start wearing this clothes until after my appointment on the 31st so that I can confirm everything is still going well. I know this is silly since I've had no problems so far...no spotting or cramping. But I know many people have had no evidence of problems and still lost their baby. If any of you have had prior losses and/or trouble TTC...does this feeling ever go away? I have gotten a lot better about being so negative, but I have to admit that I still feel like I have a long way to go.

Allison-have I mentioned how absolutely THRILLED I am for you? Probably about 12 times, but I don't want you to forget!! Anyway, I finally got less worried when I felt consistent movement. That gave me all the reassurance I needed. He was only still enough for me to worry once.

I did best with work pants at Motherhood. They had the best prices. Oh, and I got a black pair at Target, but I liked the others better. I wore a lot of skirts and dresses-easier for all those bathroom trips!

Skuttle: I too felt better after I started feeling constant movement; it was very reassuring. Until then, I had a lot more dread at every Drs appt, event though I was excited. It (mostly) went away over time, though there is still a part of me that worries something will go horribly wrong, even here in the final days. Big hugs to you...it's really such an emotional rollercoaster...I felt like I wanted to be thrilled...but was scared to be thrilled...then felt guilty for being scared...ugh. I was glad when I started showing a little more also. I told DH that I hated the stage when I knew people were trying to guess pregnant or fat...and probably not always getting the right answer, LOL

Less than 60 hours to go before that being inducing! I am nervous! My DH bought my a Sony Ereader for my Birthday yesterday to help me pass the time in the hospital, which was really sweet of him.

We are going to do a few last minute things around here, but really we are as ready as we can be at this point!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thanks for all the Disney advice everyone. I can't wait for October 9! Vettechick99 -- your link was really helpful. I'm planning on an afternoon break everyday, because I know there is no way that I'll be able to be on the go from 7 am until 9pm everyday.

Skuttle -- I'm a worrier by nature, and I can't help worrying that something has happened to the baby without me knowing it. My next appointment isn't until September 3, so I still have 10 days to worry. I wish I could feel a flutter or a kick or something. Logically, I know everything is most likely fine, but the worries still creep up on me sometimes.

Good luck Amy!! How exciting! :)

I've been having total nesting that has resulted in a few meltdowns. I'm not sure if I ever shared the curtain drama or not but waaay back in June we hired a carpenter to re-do the window frames in Owen's room. I had previously purchased curtains at IKEA and was waiting on the new frames before we messed with hemming them and all that.

My parents stopped by to see the new windows (the carpenter was their recommendation, I think they were curious in his work) and we opened the curtains to hold them up.
The panels were MASSIVE! My mom looked at them and offered to cut them in half to essentially make a set of panels from each panel, and hem them. (Remember: This was JUNE)

She told me she'd do the curtains after the holiday (the 4th) because they always have friends come stay with them that weekend. No big deal. Except she lost them.
She finally found them 3 weeks ago and has planned meals/swim time (they have a pool) FOUR times since locating them when she said we could pick them up. She has never had them ready.

She told us Saturday (when we went to get them) that she'd bring the sewing machine over Sunday and finish them here. She shows up without the sewing machine and says she ran out of thread but she will measure the windows and hem them and bring them to me Wednesday night.

My RCS is Thursday.

She left and I LOST it. I started crying, I was so mad and irritated with her. DH ended up calling their cell and finding them and going and getting the curtains. So I have 5 panels that are halfway done (not sure where the 6th one is at all, lol) but I'm happy because I have them. I can hang them, hemmed or not. I don't care. At least i have them.

So DH and I start trying to finish Owen's room (mostly going through all of DS1's clothing that he's outgrown and trying to organize it to size). We get that done and DH decides to put up the curtain rods while I take the plastic wrap off the mattress....

....and notice that a box cutter has totally sliced it open! I ran downstairs and found the receipt, called the store to make sure they had another mattress and they say "But we close in 30 minutes" ... hah! I will be there in 10. I made DH throw the mattress in the car and I high-tailed it to Toys R Us.
The girl returns the mattress because there is a promotion going on for a free stuffed sheep. She goes "I returned it so you could get the free sheep!" and hands me this stuffed Serta sheep. I said "But what about the fact that I used a 20% off coupon?"
"Oh. Well I can't return a coupon, so you'll have to pay full price."
I was about to start crying again. I was like "I don't want the sheep, I want the $20 the coupon took off. I want the mattress, in working order, for the price I paid!"

She called over a manager who said she couldn't do anything. I was pretty frustrated at that point. Then, magically, the manager finds a 20% off coupon and says "Use this." and walks away. I was shocked at the rudeness and also that she didn't immediately do that. It wasn't my fault her employee returned the mattress instead of exchanging it!

Anyway... someone carried it out for me and I came home and finally got to sorta finish the nursery. Pictures later, hopefully... I'm waiting on DS1 to wake up so I can take him to the pediatrician.
Been having contractions all morning so hoping that we make it okay because we also need to go get milk. Pediatrician is at least in the hospital so I'm okay there but the store might get iffy!~ lol

Piecey- That sucks about the curtains and the mattress. At least its all taken care of and soon Baby will be here.

AFM I've got 3 weeks and 3 days till my Repeat c-section. My baby shower is finally this Thursday. The date was decided on only a week and a half ago. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. I've been having a pile of BH contractions, but feeling pretty good. It's harder and harder to get comfortable to sleep, and I've started to have some mild swelling of my feet and hands. I'm very glad that I don't have a lot to do and can take it easy for the next few weeks. Baby's room is done, but I'm still waiting on 2 friends that say they have piles of baby clothes to give to me. I hope they hurry up and get them to me soon so I can wash them and put them away. It's frustrating. On a great note I feel I can truly say my puppy is finally housebroken. One less thing to worry about. My best friend who will watch my DD when I'm in the hospital will also take on the dog, so hopefully it will work out okay. She has 3 other dogs and my little dog is very shy around other dogs. Hopefully the few days will help her get used to other dogs. I'll owe her a big gift for helping me out. Probably a nice Starbucks gift card as I know she loves their coffee. Time is just flying, and I'm so ready to have this baby.

irisbud...Congratulations on having an official delivery date!! I hope your delivery goes smoothly. :)

So yesterday I finally broke down and bought a few maternity tops (it was all 1/2 off at Kohl's!). I'm at the stage where if people know I'm pregnant, they'll think I'm starting to show a bit. But if you don't know I'm pregnant, you'll think I'm just getting fat. I figured maternity tops would say "Yes, I'm pregnant, not just fat." ;) Going shopping today with my mom to look for some work pants.

Part of me is nervous to start wearing this clothes until after my appointment on the 31st so that I can confirm everything is still going well. I know this is silly since I've had no problems so far...no spotting or cramping. But I know many people have had no evidence of problems and still lost their baby. If any of you have had prior losses and/or trouble TTC...does this feeling ever go away? I have gotten a lot better about being so negative, but I have to admit that I still feel like I have a long way to go.

I wish I could tell you that the nervousness goes away....but I just had a day last week when baby wasn't moving much and I was worried.

we had our last appointment today. I had no change so am now scheduled to be induced starting late tuesday evening so colton will be born on wednesday at 39 weeks. unless he decides to come earlier on his own of course.

we are very excited but I am also nervous!

Just a couple more days - Congratulations!

DIS B - I think the first trip should be fine. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted a trip at 33 weeks b/c I was too uncomfortable already. But every pregnancy is different, and I don't think I would have minded with my first. The wheelchair would definitely make you feel more comfortable, but for some reason I would feel funny using one.

irisbus - 2 more days! :woohoo: Nice gift from your DH! I know I brought a couple books to the hospital when DS was born, but I don't think I ever touched one!

skuttle - I think I was in that in-between stage way longer than I realized. I thought I was looking obviously pregnany by the end of the first trimester, but I was still frequently offered alcoholic beverages until after 6 months :confused3 Either they just thought I was fat, or drinking while pregnant is no big deal....I don't think the feeling of worry ever goes completely away. Even after the baby is born, you will be checking to make sure he is still breathing! But the constant movement is definitely more reassuring.

Piecey - sorry about your curtain and mattress issues. I would also be annoyed with my mom (and was when her and my sis kept delaying finishing painting - it turns out to plan my surprise shower!). But the store's response was unacceptable. I would be calling headquarters to complain about that treatment. If you used a 20% off coupon, they should have done the exchange to begin with, forget the stupid sheep.

Joanne - Yay for the puppy housebreaking! :banana: My baby shower was just this last Saturday and for work will be this coming Friday. It's nice because I really wasn't expecting anything, but on other baby boards, it seems like everyone due near me had their shower long ago.

As I mentioned above, my mom and sister threw me a surprise baby shower this weekend, which was really nice. We got tons of cute stuff. My sister got me out of the house first by taking me to use gift certificates I have from my b-day for a massage and pedicure - it was great! The "babysitters" they had lined up for DS (DH & my cousin) both ended up having to work so they had to change the location from a nice restaurant to my mom's house, but it was still nice. DS helped me open everything, and at one point piled everything from 1 bag on top of me. My mom & sis have all the pics, so I'll see if I can post some later.

I am really missing coffee lately. And I mean the good stuff. DH had one at a local cafe the other day - The Coffee Shop - it was on a Food Network Cupcake Wars show, tried some cupcakes too - pretty good! - and I had a sip of his coffee because it smelled so good I couldn't resist. It was sooo good. And ever since I have been craving coffee like you wouldn't believe. But even one cup makes me feel dehydrated lately, no matter how much water I drink, so I've been avoiding it. What is everyone else craving that is "off limits"?

Yay for buying maternity clothes!! And I totally kwym about the paranoia. With TTCing for so long you really just have to decide to let go and let God and enjoy each and every day that you are pregnant. I don't think I started to feel REALLY comfortable until after I hit the 20 week mark. And I did have bleeding from 6 weeks to 9 weeks. So I think if you just decide to enjoy being pregnant and being thankful for every day that you are pregnant then it will get easier to just be happy and enjoy things naturally w/o trying to force yourself. I hope everything goes well at your next appointment!!

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words. I know there will always be some worry, regardless of our TTC history. With DS I just don't remember having these feelings. I guess that was 7 years ago....LONG before I know what infertility was really all about and before it messed up my mind (and heart!). I wore my new maternity pants to work today, but just couldn't bring myself to wear a shirt. I put it on, and then took it off. I will wait until after my appointment next week. *sigh*

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words. I know there will always be some worry, regardless of our TTC history. With DS I just don't remember having these feelings. I guess that was 7 years ago....LONG before I know what infertility was really all about and before it messed up my mind (and heart!). I wore my new maternity pants to work today, but just couldn't bring myself to wear a shirt. I put it on, and then took it off. I will wait until after my appointment next week. *sigh*

Actually with my first pregnancy I was blissfully ignorant. However, like you it was 7 years ago.....and one miscarriage since. I would love to have been able to be blissfully ignorant this go round. However I'm 28 weeks now and Shaylee is moving a lot and I'm feeling so much more relaxed - but it has definitely been a different more stressful pregnancy.

Here's hoping this week flies by for you so you can get the reassurance you need from your next appointment.

my first 2 pregnancies ended in miscarriage. honestly, i feel like i was robbed from that "blistful ignorance" that most people get to enjoy. when i was pregnant with my daughter, i was quite scared for a while, pretty much until i felt her move a bit (like others have said) though i was also seeing a high risk perinatalogist as well as my midwife so i got to hear her heartbeat and have frequent ultrasounds. this time, i am just going with the midwife, but started feeling movement pretty early- it isn't constant, but i do feel it a few times a day and that is reassuring. also, like you, i have no bad signs like cramping or bleeding.

i have to say that i am jealous of people who never worry when they are pregnant- because i never got to enjoy that!
---------

i go for my anatomy scan this afternoon. i haven't had an us since 7 weeks when it looked like a jelly bean, so i am quite excited to see my little one and find out if there is a brother or sister in there!

It seems we hear more and more about women who suffer through miscarriages. I had 2 before I had my daughter. Then I figured I wouldn't have any more problems, but sadly lost another last July. I was so happy when we saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks, but didn't start to relax about losing the baby till after 12-13 weeks. Now here I am almost 36 weeks. I still get paranoid at times when I hear about stillbirths, etc, but for the most part I'm confident than it in only 3 weeks and 2 days I will be holding little Daniel in my arms. Try not to stress to much, and remember that it will all work out in the end.

Hi Ladies! John Philip arrived fast and furiously on Saturday morning at 10:43am. He is absolutely amazing and we love him to pieces. I always wondered how you can love another child as much as you love your first....until I had another child :)

So here's the birth story:

Last Tuesday I had an appt and I was about 1.5 cm dilated. I was so discouraged since my due date was approaching (8/22). Fast forward to 2am Sat morning and I woke up with contractions, but they were inconsistent. I monitored them until 5am when they were about 7 min apart and then woke up DH. We showered, called my mom to come get DD and then I called the Dr. She said I could wait until they were 5 min apart but not much longer than that. I hated to go wait at the hospital in triage but then again, didn't want to risk not making it. So we hung out for a hour and by then the contractions were strong and 4-5 min apart. Got to the hospital, checked in and was sent to triage about 7:30am. The Dr checked me at 8am and I was 3-4 cm, 100% effaced and +1 station so they arranged to have me sent to L & D. They had to wait for a bed though so it was another hour before I was sent up. By now the contractions are really rough and really close together. I said once we get to L & D I would love an epidural. Got to L & D about 9am, waited until 9:45am for anestesia to come in and it was another 20 min before I actually got the epi. By now it was a little after 10am and I felt like I had to push. I told the L & D nurse and she got the Dr. Turns out I was fully dilated. The epidural never had a chance to kick in. My membrances ruptured and there was meconium so the Dr did an episiotomy to get him out quicker. 10 pushes later and he arrived :)

I won't lie, it was a very different experience to "feel" everything but not necessarily in a bad way. We are calling our little guy Jack. He weighed 7lbs 7 oz and is 19.5 inches long. DD3 loves her baby brother but is trying to find her way in her new world. We came home yesterday. I feel great and Jack is doing so well. He's a great nurser and so far so good with the sleep :)

Ohhhh wow! I'm so glad you didn't have to wait 'til 41 weeks and everything went so wonderfully!

..sorta. :lmao: I haven't finished washing all the blankets and stuff I pulled from DS1's room. The receiving blankets and such.

40198_830736824839_25826704_45330735_7927717_n.jpg

40402_830735946599_25826704_45330726_1504571_n.jpg

40402_830735951589_25826704_45330727_964374_n.jpg

40402_830735956579_25826704_45330728_1064071_n.jpg

kpm - congrats and welcome baby Jack! :cool1: Such a fast delivery!

Piecey - the room looks so cute! :goodvibes I love the roly-poly Winnie the Pooh n Friends!

hotveggy - any news on your anatomy scan yet?

kpm, Congratulations!! Sounds like everything went well, even though it was quick!!

Piecey, the room looks wonderful! Great job!

JoanneDisFan, I agree it seems like miscarriages are everywhere! One huge downside of the internet for sure!!

I had my 36 week Dr appointment today. Took care of the GBS test, and Dr checked my cervix. Dr said Daniel's head was right there and I was starting to thin out. No dilation yet. But my Dr has changed his opinion from I will never go into labor, to I might go into labor before my scheduled C-section. So I'm KMFX. I wouldn't mind to go into labor and possibly even do a vbac, but my hospital is not vbac friendly so we will have to see how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter