• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, life has been crazy lately! I still have insane all day sickness all day every day and my stupid insurance company has dragged their feet so much with approving more zofran then next week already makes a month since the last time I was able to pick any up (which was days worth). Awesome, huh?! I am keeping my fingers crossed that once I hit 12 weeks it will be over.
I also started a job last week and have been working so hard at not feeling sick at work that by the time I get into the car to go home I want to hurl. I'm sure that the 96-98 feels like 110 isnt helping. By the time I get home I a out for the count in the living dept.
I'm counting down the days until Autumn!

Well baby G is here!

Gianna Reese was born Aug. 12. She was 8 lbs, 2 ozs - holy cow!

I had a repeat C/S which wasn't as easy as the first. I'll post details soon. Right now we are enjoying Gianna so much. She reminds me and DH of Scooner - her coloring, temperament, features. We are very lucky parents!

406_2.jpg

My amazing family.

396_2-1.jpg

Leaving the hospital - looking very high here. :rotfl:

439_2.jpg

Well baby G is here!

I had a repeat C/S which wasn't as easy as the first. I'll post details soon. Right now we are enjoying Gianna so much. She reminds me and DH of Scooner - her coloring, temperament, features. We are very lucky parents!

406_2.jpg

My amazing family.

396_2-1.jpg

439_2.jpg

She is just gorgeous! Congratulations!

Well baby G is here!

406_2.jpg

My amazing family.

396_2-1.jpg

439_2.jpg
She is beautiful! She shares my birthday! You have a beautiful family and you look great!

Congrats vettechick!!! Gianna is beautiful :) I'm jealous....I'm still pregnant and at this point I feel as though I will be giving birth to a toddler!!

WDW ~ glad your appt went well and no pre-e! yay for scheduling all your appts from now till the end and yay for no GD testing today! I have mine on 8/27....I'm SO not looking forward to it. Seems like my Dr is having me do it sooner than a lot of other Dr's which is strange. :confused3 I'm starting to wonder when my appts will get more frequent. My Dr hasn't even started to measure my belly yet. Wonder if they ever will.

I had mine at 24 or 25 weeks; I can't remember which. Good luck!

A couple of questions since my last child was almost 8 years ago!

1.) When did your doc start doing internal exams? I just want to be prepared.

2.) When did you start going every 2 weeks?

I have my 30 week appt on Monday and I know he is doing an ultrasound. I've still been going every 4 weeks up to this point.

I know every doc is different, but I'm just curious..........

Mine statred doing them at 30 weeks, since I was having tons of BH contractions. I did every two weeks twice starting then (so 32 & 34 weeks), then every week since then, and have had one every time.

Congrats to the new mommies to be!!! These last few weeks have been so strange. At 34 weeks, my fluid was on the lower end of normal so I thought sure I would be on bedrest and/or induced early. I drank tons and tons of water and so far the fluid level is fine. Then at 36 weeks the baby flipped to breech so I thought I would be heading for a c-section. By 37 weeks he was back to head down. Yesterday, I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid, but it's not. Seriously, after all of these ups and downs I feel like I am never going to have this baby now!! Our hospital does not allow elective induction before 41 weeks....UGH!!! I took DD to the zoo this morning and walked for 2 hrs.....I'm 39 weeks on Sunday so we'll see.....another Dr appt on Tues....so far I am only 1 cm :(

I was at 1 cm for our 36 week visit, and still was last week for our 37 week visit, but fully effaced both times. Sorry they won't induce sooner. We go back on Friday (38 weeks, 2 days) and if I haven't had Colton by then we are supposed to talk about inducing at 39 weeks.

Congratulations Vettechick! She is beautiful and you look great!

Piecy: Sorry about the tounge. Hope you are feeling okay.

We are just waiting here. I think we have done everything we can do to get ready at this point. I'm sure we are missing things but IDK what they are and I am not going to stress over them :)

Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations Vettechick! She is just beautiful--so is your entire family, by the way! I am so happy for you!!!:goodvibes

Thank you everyone! We are so happy. I forgot how much I enjoy a newborn. It helps that Gianna is a good eater and sleeper - so far. :littleangel: I still haven't figured her out completely yet, but we are getting there. I think she likes to eat, look around, eat again, nap, and repeat. I'm nursing and bottle feeding (I can't produce enough even though my chest is huge!) so she's eating probably 3-4 ozs a feeding. Then she sleeps for about 4 hours a stretch. So things are good.

My c/s was pretty rough. First, the spinal block wouldn't take. It took him about 30 mins of stabbing and poking to get it worked out. He ended up using an epidural needle to give me the spinal. I tell ya, when they hit a nerve, it's like lightening down your legs. Yowsa!!

The surgery itself was fine. DH says they used a vacuum to pull her out because she was so big. No one guessed she would have weighed over 8 lbs! After recovery, I had some pretty bad pain. The spinal wore off while I was in recovery and they couldn't get the Toradol into me fast enough. So basically I started feeling every last inch of incision and it was rough. Then the nurse started massaging those clots and I though I was going to die. I just cried and cried in front of my family. It was tough.

I started to feel better - Toradol is my friend. :love: It should be your friend too. So anyway, no one bothered to turn me over the night, and I couldn't do it myself, so I ended up extremely bloated the next day. I looked like an Ethiopian child complete with stick arms and distended belly! I won't go into details, but just make sure they turn you so the gas has an opportunity to move through your belly or you will pay. And pay dearly my friends.

But since I have gotten home, I've been doing well. Thought I may have had a spinal headache, and maybe that's what it was, but it's gone now. Lots of caffeine has helped.

Good luck to everyone who has their delivery ahead of them. Those babies are worth every last bit of pain!

Vettechick - Sorry you had such a horrible experience with your c-section this time. I also will be having a RCS and my recovery the first time was really easy. Here's hoping this one is too.

Girls - I am absolutely exhausted. I didn't get to sleep until probably close to 11pm last night and between then and 6am this morning had to get up and pee at least 8 times. I didn't sleep an hour straight the entire night and I am seriously feeling it today.

Well baby G is here!

406_2.jpg

My amazing family.

396_2-1.jpg

439_2.jpg

Congratulations!! She's beautiful and you look *great!!* What a beautiful family. Congrats again :)

vettechick - congrats on baby G - she's beautiful!! Sorry to hear your RCS didn't go so well, but thanks for sharing. I also had an easy recovery for the first c-s, but this prepares me that it may not always be so easy. How long were you in the hospital?

Syrreal - that sucks that you're still sick and the insurance company isn't helping. I hope the ms ends soon!

irisbud - sounds like you will be holding your LO in your arms soon!

WDWorBUST - I hear you on the getting up all night, it sucks!

Mrs. Charming - hey lady, long time no see! How's everything going with you? You should be due pretty soon too, right?

Congrats vettechick! Both of your girls are adorable!

Thank you! I'm looking at that picture I posted of DD3 and she looks so much like me. Funny how much they change because she came out looking 100% like DH.

Congratulations!! She's beautiful and you look *great!!* What a beautiful family. Congrats again :)

You are being too kind. But thanks!! :lmao:

Vettechick - Sorry you had such a horrible experience with your c-section this time. I also will be having a RCS and my recovery the first time was really easy. Here's hoping this one is too.

vettechick - congrats on baby G - she's beautiful!! Sorry to hear your RCS didn't go so well, but thanks for sharing. I also had an easy recovery for the first c-s, but this prepares me that it may not always be so easy. How long were you in the hospital?

I think my RCS was so bad because I was such a smack-talker these last few months. Oh c-section this, c-section that. That's what I get. :rotfl: I'm sure not everyone's will be as rough. I was in the hospital two nights which was a fine length of time. Those first two days are the hardest.

I think my RCS was so bad because I was such a smack-talker these last few months. Oh c-section this, c-section that. That's what I get. :rotfl: I'm sure not everyone's will be as rough. I was in the hospital two nights which was a fine length of time. Those first two days are the hardest.

Vettechick - Congrats... The baby is gorgeous!

You also reminded me that I never told my c-section story (and it's been 6 weeks now, and I'm still the loser lurking on this thread. :rotfl:)

So ahem... without further ado, my RCS story...

We woke up at the butt crack of dawn on Tuesday to get to the hospital by 5am only to find out that someone had gone into labor naturally, but would need an emergency section so we had been bumped. I was already really nervous, and having to sit around in the oh-so fashionable gown and cap for an extra half hour did nothing for my anxiety.

By the time they walked me back (yes! I walked into the OR!) I was a complete basket case and was crying (and trying to hide it). Thankfully I had the world's nicest nurse and anesthesiologist. I'm really weird about needles in my back... I've had a couple of lumbar punctures and a spinal before and ALWAYS had a killer headache afterward, so that was the source of THAT bit of anxiety. (And last time when I had the emergency C-section, I had been in labor for 17 hours the last four of which were in transition, and I get into the OR and the anesthesiologist starts berating the nurses while I was hanging on one of the nurses DYING... so I didn't have the best frame of reference for what the spinal would be like.)

Anyway, I didn't even feel the needle, but I could still feel my feet when I turned to lie down, which I distinctly remember NOT feeling the last time so then I'm freaking out that the spinal wasn't going to take. Thankfully, when the nurses started to clean my belly I didn't feel the cold, so the anesthesiologist said we were good to go. He was right, it was just feeling tugging etc...

They finally let my DH in the OR and I think I squeezed his hand so tight he must've lost circulation in at least 2 fingers. I was still REALLY scared. I'm not sure of what, but I had tears running down my cheeks that I couldn't wipe away because my arms were strapped to the table.

I love my doctor. He comes in, and he tells me I look like sh*t. And he meant it in the kindest, most concerned way possible and proceeded to try and comfort me. So I did manage to calm down, and he starts the procedure... And he NARRATES! I think about it now and it was hysterical. He told me that I had made a good choice because the baby was freaking giant. (9lbs 1 oz) Then he peeks over the drape and says from under his masks (he has a full beard so he had one over the beard part too, making him look like some sort of weird yeti surgeon) "You made a REALLY good choice with the RCS... this head, your pelvis... uh-uh".

So then he pulls DS out of me, and I hear him cry and it is the most pathetic sad little rattly newborn cry and I'm afraid he's gonna have sticky lungs or something... It took them FOREVER to bring him so I could see him. DH actually had gone over and taken pictures and brought the camera back to show me the pictures before they brought him to me... But somewhere in there, while DH was off taking pictures of our beautiful boy, I heard my doctor turn to the assisting doctor and say "Look at her cervix... tighter than <ok, well, he used a metaphor not suitable for DISboards>" :rotfl: (Remember my original C-section was for failure to progress).

Anyway, after all that was done, we went back to the delivery room where I remained until about 4 pm. I was starving and the sweet nurse I'd had all day had promised me some ice cream just before the recovery ward finally came to get me to move to my permanent room... So I get to the new room and it's about 6ish when the candy striper comes in and says "You ate dinner down in delivery right?" Um. No! So she went to get me a tray... when she brought it back I was SO disappointed. It was lukewarm chicken broth, hot tea, and JELLO. I HATE jello. I ate it first. It was the only solid thing on the tray... and I burst into tears :sad1: about half way through because dammit, I wanted my ice cream. Well, that progressed from just tears to great-hysterical-gasps-for-air-while-sobbing... Unfortunately the day nurse (whose shift was just ending) came in then and asked me what was wrong... well, anyone who has had the great-hysterical-gasps-for-air-while-sobbing knows that you CANNOT TALK while great-hysterical-gasps-for-air-while-sobbing is happening. So not only was I horribly upset, I couldn't express what was wrong either. (As it turns out we ended up calling this woman Nurse Patronizing -- and we all hated her so I don't feel that bad about freaking her out just before her shift ended... I had her the last day I was in the hospital too.) Eventually, they figured out what was wrong and I got some sherbet... Not perfect, but it helped some.

At my hospital (or at least with my doctor) you only get clear liquids the first 24 hours, then full liquids (milk, cream of wheat, cream soups, pudding etc) until you pass gas. So, the next morning I at least got coffee and cream of wheat and milk. I hate milk, and I drank it all. It was fabulous! Later that day I farted. :rotfl: Which was WAY better than the first section where it took me three days to pass gas. (Another hysterical story) So by the second evening I was getting "real" food... As if hospital food is real...

I left the hospital on the third day (so only two nights). I think back on it now, and I think that was a BIG mistake. I had the option to stay at least a 3rd night and my insurance would have paid for 5 nights... But I wanted to get away from Nurse Patronizing so badly that I jumped when my doc gave me the option to leave.

I got home (Thursday) and realized that I only had enough pain pills to get through half of Saturday. I started to panic. There were no refills on the script and it would be the weekend! I called on Friday and the office told me that they would definitely refill the script when I needed to, just have the pharmacy call... phew.

As it turns out, on Saturday I had the urge to "go" IYKWIM. Unfortunately I was completely and totally backed up from the Norco. I spent the entire day in complete misery between the bed and the toilet waking only long enough to nurse the baby. In fact, I was so miserable that I had forgotten all about the c-section pain and forgotten to take ANY pain pills. Things finally resolved naturally, but if I think if I ever (God forbid) have another c-section (or any birth) I want an enema before hand. (Sorry if that's gross, but something to think about....)

I went in a week after the surgery to get my staples removed. I was scared to death about this procedure too, because Nurse Patronizing had told me how much it would hurt and that I should take a Norco before going... which I was absolutely NOT going to do after the fiasco on Saturday... I am done with codeine. Fortunately, it really only felt like someone pulling hairs with tweezers. Not bad at all.

By the time I got to my two week appt, I had a uterine infection. Joy. :rolleyes: One z-pack later and that was all better. But eww.

We're now six weeks out and I finally have been cleared for everything. I'm glad that's over... Now, I just need to call Dr. Richard Chop for my husband (no kidding... that's the urologist's name!) :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Well baby G is here!

406_2.jpg

My amazing family.

396_2-1.jpg

439_2.jpg

Awww shes's adorable congrats!!! :flower3:

Nette - thanks for sharing! Sorry that you didn't have the best experience, but at least you got a beautiful baby out of it. btw - Dr Richard Chop :lmao::lmao:

Hello everyone!

I can't believe I am doing this...but I have to subscribe to this thread!

I just found out recently that I am VERY UNEXPECTEDLY pregnant with my FIFTH child!!!!!
:eek::yay::headache::rotfl2::confused::cheer2::crazy2::cloud9::crazy::love::o:Pinkbounc* yeah, that about sums up all of my emotions about this!

I haven't had my first appt. yet, but I did have a sonogram at 7 weeks because of my "advanced maternal age" :sad2:

I still can't believe this...my oldest will be 15 and is in high school for Goodness sake. My youngest will be 7! I just had reached the point where everyone was in full day school and I had some time to myself. God sure does have a sense of humor.

I have gotten over the shock and realized it serves no purpose to go over the negatives at this point (higher chance of things going wrong at my age - can't go back to work now like I was planning) It's happening whether I wanted it to or not, so I might as well get excited and concentrate on all of the fun things about it!

It has been so long since my last pregnancy, a lot of tests have changed and I haven't even thought about any of this stuff for so long. I will be reading this thread and relearning everything!

wow five!! Congratulations on your new baby!! :goodvibes

I don't think they do it for RCS. My OB hasn't checked me anyway. :)

Ultrasound was good. I forgot to take the order so the radiology receptionist was really cranky with me, haha. They only measured fluid- still high, but a bit lower.

Owen looks great on all the NSTs, we're still scheduled for 8/26.

I have soooooo much to do!! :scared:

Glad things are looking good and Owen is doing well with the NST's! The 26th.....how exciting!!!! :banana:

Hi Ladies! I hope you don't mind if I join you on here. I just got a BFP (well 4 actually lol) yesterday! We have been trying for a year for our first baby and finally got a positive test yesterday! I don't go to the doctor until Aug 24, but according to the online calculators my EDD is April 14, 2011. Thanks for letting me share and I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Congratulations on your first bfp and first baby!! Yay!! April will be a great due date. Not having to be all big and pregnant in the summer. How awesome!! :goodvibes

Congrats Talulabelle and SoccerPrincess! Soccer, I'm pregnant with my first too, so we can be first-timers together. I'm due February 5, 2011.

Everything is going pretty good with me right now. My next appointment isn't until 9/3 when I'll be 18 weeks along. I guess I'll probably get another script for an ultrasound then. That will be exciting, but I don't want to find out the baby's sex. My DH kind of wants to find out at the ultrasound, but he said that's it's up to me. I think I want to be surprised at the birth.

I do have a new and very annoying symptom -- everything is making me gag. I didn't really have any morning sickness and never vomited, but now I can't even brush my teeth wihtout gagging. Yesterday I gagged when looking at a dirty dish, the greasy stovetop, when emptying the bathroom garbage can, when feeding the cat dry cat food! And that isn't even the whole list! I hope this stops soon.

I know the gagging symptom well. Around 16 weeks or so I had to call in a script for chewable prenatal vitamins since I couldn't get down the big horse pills that I was taking. Thank God for the chewables!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter