Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am on Zofran right now and am witing to see how well it will work. Hopefully this will work well, even though if it does I'll have to ask my dr to call the insurance co since they only approve a week's worth every month. What is up with that?!?!? Argh.

Pollito--> Yes, DS is almost 3.5 :)

I have a question I could use some advice on->
I just got a job. When I applied I already knew I was pg but I don't tell anyone really besides family, well, and anonymous online people, before 12 weeks anyway. Now that I got the job, which was never a guarantee during the interview, I'm trying to figure out when to tell. Anyone have experience with this??

Okay, so it's unreal to me how much he looks like his brother!
This is DS1 in the hospital:
4696_674717573669_25826704_39954434_5603534_n.jpg

This is a 4D of Owen today:
38761_819616115829_25826704_44925967_4103057_n.jpg

The high-risk Dr. thinks that I am glucose intolerant-- everything looked great with Owen! All the organs that potentially have defects that cause this issue look GREAT he said. Such a relief.

He thinks that my placenta flipped to glucose intolerant. He said it happens late in pregnancy, but it's rare. He thinks it happened with my last pregnancy too but I didn't have the fluid issues so no one caught it.

My fluid measured 38cm (it was 27cm Monday, though that was on a 2D so not as accurate) so he's worried it's going to keep just really going crazy. He said I'm going to continue to get more and more uncomfortable and have more and more issues breathing.

He also said I'm not technically high-risk, I'm pseudo-high risk because I'm at major risk for pre-term labor. He said if I can hold off until 36 weeks he's writing permission for me to be delivered here at home vs. anytime in the next week I have to deliver there at Women and Childrens. I'm shocked he thinks that is a possibility and I think he saw it on my face because he explained that as the fluid levels go up my uterus is becoming more and more distended and I could go into unstoppable labor at any point (my uterus will just be "done")... so I am getting the carseat installed and calling the Sheriff's office to have the checked sometime SOON! :scared1:

Owen measured due 8/6/2010 (i'm really due 8/31/2010) and is currently at 8lbs10oz. He doesn't think I'll make my RCS date of 8/26/2010.
He suggested I have my OB do an amnio tap @ 36 weeks and send the fluid to check for lung development and her take me early if the results are favorable.

I don't think she will, though. She is really anti-intervention and such so I don't know that she'll even like that he told me that, since he is putting it on her (meaning, he's not willing to do it but instead putting an idea into my head that she might)... so we will see. She is still on vacation.

I am (by the high-risk doctor's order) getting retested for GD, weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and biweekly NSTs.

Okay, so it's unreal to me how much he looks like his brother!
This is DS1 in the hospital:
4696_674717573669_25826704_39954434_5603534_n.jpg

This is a 4D of Owen today:
38761_819616115829_25826704_44925967_4103057_n.jpg

The high-risk Dr. thinks that I am glucose intolerant-- everything looked great with Owen! All the organs that potentially have defects that cause this issue look GREAT he said. Such a relief.

He thinks that my placenta flipped to glucose intolerant. He said it happens late in pregnancy, but it's rare. He thinks it happened with my last pregnancy too but I didn't have the fluid issues so no one caught it.

My fluid measured 38cm (it was 27cm Monday, though that was on a 2D so not as accurate) so he's worried it's going to keep just really going crazy. He said I'm going to continue to get more and more uncomfortable and have more and more issues breathing.

He also said I'm not technically high-risk, I'm pseudo-high risk because I'm at major risk for pre-term labor. He said if I can hold off until 36 weeks he's writing permission for me to be delivered here at home vs. anytime in the next week I have to deliver there at Women and Childrens. I'm shocked he thinks that is a possibility and I think he saw it on my face because he explained that as the fluid levels go up my uterus is becoming more and more distended and I could go into unstoppable labor at any point (my uterus will just be "done")... so I am getting the carseat installed and calling the Sheriff's office to have the checked sometime SOON! :scared1:

Owen measured due 8/6/2010 (i'm really due 8/31/2010) and is currently at 8lbs10oz. He doesn't think I'll make my RCS date of 8/26/2010.
He suggested I have my OB do an amnio tap @ 36 weeks and send the fluid to check for lung development and her take me early if the results are favorable.

I don't think she will, though. She is really anti-intervention and such so I don't know that she'll even like that he told me that, since he is putting it on her (meaning, he's not willing to do it but instead putting an idea into my head that she might)... so we will see. She is still on vacation.

I am (by the high-risk doctor's order) getting retested for GD, weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and biweekly NSTs.

Wow, what an ordeal!! But at least Owen is fine and that's all that matters. I chuckled when I read that you are at 38cm for fluid....I am at 8 :scared1: I guess normal is anywhere between 5-20 so I am still normal. I thought I might bet induced but unless baby boy flips, I think I will be scheduling a c-section.....

Wow, what an ordeal!! But at least Owen is fine and that's all that matters. I chuckled when I read that you are at 38cm for fluid....I am at 8 :scared1: I guess normal is anywhere between 5-20 so I am still normal. I thought I might bet induced but unless baby boy flips, I think I will be scheduling a c-section.....

I was in the Level II for an hour and he made them measure it constantly-- apparently when the baby moves the pockets change so he said the more they could measure, the more accurate he could believe the measurements were. It was steady at 38, so he said he believes the number. That and my stomach is tight, tight, tight.

Oh, and Owen is breech again. :rotfl: He's got too much fluid to swim around in.

Has anyone had amniocentesis done? I have no idea if I want to go that route or not. :confused: I'm not entirely sure what it entails so the thought of it freaks me out!

Piecey: Glad Owen is looking good! He does look a lot like his brother! My water broke at 35w6d and DS was perfect...didn't spend a second in NICU. He was much smaller than Owen is measuring though...DS was 6lbs 7oz. Because I was one day shy of 36w, I had to deliver DS in the fancy delivery room with a ton of people around. Should be a busy next few days and/or weeks for you!! :goodvibes

Well, I am on Zofran right now and am witing to see how well it will work. Hopefully this will work well, even though if it does I'll have to ask my dr to call the insurance co since they only approve a week's worth every month. What is up with that?!?!? Argh.

Pollito--> Yes, DS is almost 3.5 :)

I have a question I could use some advice on->
I just got a job. When I applied I already knew I was pg but I don't tell anyone really besides family, well, and anonymous online people, before 12 weeks anyway. Now that I got the job, which was never a guarantee during the interview, I'm trying to figure out when to tell. Anyone have experience with this??

I would tell them whenever you are ready. I told my work at 9w because I couldn't hide it anymore. I was actually showing at 6w but Christmas break saved me from having to tell too early. :rotfl:

Zofran is great! I never had major MS, but it helped curb those icky feelings wonderfully.

Another question for all of you experienced moms-to-be. How far away do you live from your doctor's office/hospital? My doctor's office is about 30 minutes (without traffic) away and is located right behind a hospital. The doctors only deliver at that one hospital. I live about 4 miles away from another hospital and large OBGYN practice, and I'm thinking of switching there.

I had my 12 weeks appointment yesterday and when I asked about doctors in my town, the doctor who I was seeing (who I'd never even met before) acted like I was crazy for wanting to switch and wouldn't give me any names. I was already annoyed because my appointment had been scheduled for 4 pm, so my husband could go with me after work, but the office called and told me I had to come in at 2:45 or reschedule -- no emergency or anything, this doctor apparently just wanted to get off early for the day. I just hate it when doctors think that their time is more important that your time :mad:

Any advice?

My Dr's office is about 15 minutes away, even in busy traffic. !0 minutes on a good day. It's located just a block away from the hospital. I switched to this practice about 18 months ago. I use to drive 30 minutes in good traffic or almost an hour in bad traffic to get the their office, and it was in the actual hospital. I'm having a repeat c-section so I chose to go with something closer and a Dr that was more open to the idea of vbac. Still not sure if I will be able to do a vbac, but I like being closer to home and more convenient for DH and DD while I'm in the hospital.

Another question for all of you experienced moms-to-be. How far away do you live from your doctor's office/hospital? My doctor's office is about 30 minutes (without traffic) away and is located right behind a hospital. The doctors only deliver at that one hospital. I live about 4 miles away from another hospital and large OBGYN practice, and I'm thinking of switching there.

I had my 12 weeks appointment yesterday and when I asked about doctors in my town, the doctor who I was seeing (who I'd never even met before) acted like I was crazy for wanting to switch and wouldn't give me any names. I was already annoyed because my appointment had been scheduled for 4 pm, so my husband could go with me after work, but the office called and told me I had to come in at 2:45 or reschedule -- no emergency or anything, this doctor apparently just wanted to get off early for the day. I just hate it when doctors think that their time is more important that your time :mad:

Any advice?

I don't have a choice - our doctor and hospital are about 35 mins away. Never had any issues. Even when I had an emergency I was able to get there in decent time.

But I would go with the doctor and hospital you are most comfortable with. If your current doctor is more concerned about leaving early, I'm not sure I'd keep him or her.

My hospital (and OB, her practice is in the Physician's Office Building which is attached to the hospital) is less than 5 minutes drive from my house- I could walk there in about 15 minutes.

I will admit that it's comforting and helps me out on days like today when they were iffy about letting me come home but knowing how close I live, they did.

...I went for my first NST today and failed miserably. I'm having steady contractions that I didn't realize were contractions. I just always assumed the pressure was from the fluid and Owen being breech (because it felt just like him sticking his head up by my ribs) so I'm already at 4cm and contracting every few minutes.
My OB's NP did NOT want to let me leave... she deferred the decision to the OB who practices across the hall, though, who let me come home.

I go tomorrow to repeat my 1-hour glucose test to see if the high-risk Dr. was right about my being glucose intolerant and for some extra blood tests for a bunch of stuff I barely understood.
Then Monday I have another NST and I get to finally see my OB! Woohoo! Thursday another NST, OB appt. and ultrasound.

Crossing my fingers Owen stays put for awhile longer.

My OB (and the hospital) are about 40 minutes away. Like Vettechick, I don't really have much choice (well, there are two hospitals, each about 20 minutes in either direction from us, but they are known around here as "hospitals of death"...they are really, really bad!). I don't think it will be an issue. I would go with what you are comfortable with!

Piecy: I hope Owen stays put for you for just a while longer!

I changed doctors and hospitals from the last time I had a kid but this one is 30 minutes way instead of 28. We live in a rural area and have to go into town anyway.

Our hospital is about 10 min away and my Dr about 15 min. We have several "good" hospitals but the one we go to is excellent and completely dedicated to women and infants. They are the only one in the area with a NICU, all the others just have a Special Care nursery. You hope of course you never need the NICU, but it's nice to know it's there. I have had friends deliver at some of the other hospitals and because their babies needed extra care, they were airlifted to the hospital we go to because of the NICU. My OB left the practice I am going to and dropped her privileges at the hospital we love so I stuck with the practice because the hospital was that important to me....

My Dr's office is almost connected to the hospital. It's about 15 minutes away w/o traffic, about 30 with traffic. This is the same Dr that delivered my son so I'm sticking with her. When DS was born we lived much closer. There is a hospital much closer to me, but I don't want to switch since My Dr delivered DS and also went through all of our IF stuff with me.

Piecey...I was the same way with the NSTs. Never realized I was having contractions...through they were gas pains, actually. :rolleyes: Hope Owen stays put a bit longer for you!!

AFM, went to the dietician and the diabetes educator today. Wasn't too bad. The diet seems doable and actually calls for more food than I've been eating. The one thing I'm struggling with is I need to have 1oz meat/protein with my three snacks a day. I have a book that lists options, but I'm still struggling. The dietician said an easy thing to do is a wrap with meat and cheese, but the deli meat I'd have to heat so that would be a pain. I've thought of cheese, edamame, peanut butter...that's about it. I'm saving my eggs for breakfast and don't want to eat that everyday either (she said 3x per week). Once I get the hang of it and not have to look at the book every meal, I think it'll be fine.

Have to check my blood 4x per day and try to walk 30 min after breakfast and dinner. The nurse said that since we're starting this so early, I'll probably need insulin later on because my blood sugar will only get harder to control as the pregnancy continues. She did say that the GD babies are always the most perfect because everything is so closely monitored. :)

Syrreal - My DS will be 3.5 8/15 :goodvibes

I think I told my office around 14 weeks, because I thought I was showing, but apparently one of my co-workers thought I was just getting fat. :rolleyes:

Piecey - your boys are adorable! How crazy that you are having contractions and already 4 cm dilated! You could have Owen any minute now! I hope he stays in a few more weeks for you.

lspst - my last dr was about 15-20 minutes away from home, and the hospital was 10-15 minutes away. There was a slightly closer hospital, but I went farther to go to the "better" hospital. This time, my dr is 10-15 minutes away and the hospital is less than 5. It's seriously less than 1 mile, I could walk if it wasn't over 100 degrees outside. If you're not comfortable with the way your current doc is handling things, I would consider switching. It's really your decision and I would go with the better dr & hospital that you are more comfortable with, since both options are reasonably close.

skuttle - I agree that the diet really isn't that hard once you get used to it, and really it's better for you and the baby in the long run. :goodvibes What about nuts and hummus? I like to keep some trail mix around for a good healthy snack - almonds, cashews, dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. Fresh N Easy has some good mixes if you have those stores near you. I also like to have fruit and cheese or cottage cheese, raw veggies with hummus, yogurt. Actually, I really just like eating! :rotfl:

Is anyone planning on getting a gift from the new baby for your older kids?

A friend of mine bought a baby doll for her daughter so she could be a "mommy" too, but I don't think my DS3 will like that so much. He's more into cars, trucks, trains, dinos, robots, etc. Any ideas what to get a little boy?

My doctor's office and the hospital are both about 5 minutes from my house. I would go with the doctor/hospital I was more comfortable with though versus who was most conveniently located. I'm lucky that it worked out that my choice was both convenient and a doctor I was comfortable with.

Ladies I am just dragging. I'm getting close to 25 weeks now and just seem so zapped. Isn't this the time that I should be bursting with energy?

Is anyone planning on getting a gift from the new baby for your older kids?

A friend of mine bought a baby doll for her daughter so she could be a "mommy" too, but I don't think my DS3 will like that so much. He's more into cars, trucks, trains, dinos, robots, etc. Any ideas what to get a little boy?

I actually posted about this a few weeks ago (on the board, not this thread). I couldn't decide on what kind of doll to get DD3. I don't know what I'd do about a boy though. Anything he would just go nuts over?

Ladies I am just dragging. I'm getting close to 25 weeks now and just seem so zapped. Isn't this the time that I should be bursting with energy?

I wouldn't say bursting with energy. :rotfl: I felt ok then, and got really tired til around 33-35 weeks when some nesting energy kicked in. Now I am 37w and tired again. I think at this point the belly just weighs you down. I've gained 23 lbs and I think it's all in my belly. It's like carrying around and sleeping with a watermelon!

13 more days!!

Hello Everyone!!! How is everyone? I haven't been on here in soo long. Logan is doing great he's 5 monthes already!!! :scared1: We're taking him to disney in sept for MNSSHP. Pasty your due soon right?? :flower3:

hi everyone. had another drs appt today. everything looks great. he said I am starting to have some thinning. I had my gbs test today also. go back for another visit thursday.

dh and I went to a movie afterwards...ugh, I was sooo uncomfortable. I had a rib injury years ago (basically my ribs on the right side aren't sprung out correctly anymore) and it is just killing me now, there is sooo much pressure against it. it hurts horribly in my back as well. baby can come whenever he is ready...we are as ready for him as we are going to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter