• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moms Panel Results!?

Well PayPal is making it easy to make money online...per the email that just came in.

What do you guys think? If we don't hear by 7 EST we are going to have to wait out the weekend?

I will only be able to wait all weekend if I am in a coma. I need to find a new hobby.

Wow! I am glad to see I am not the only one on step 3 of the admitting an obsession with waiting for an email from Disney! I don't know why I am so nervously, anxious, excited about this!?!?!? Everytime my email beeps I start to get butterflies, but the step 3 beer is definitely helping!!!:hippie:

...Dave, how did you manage such stardom? And all the way from MN, too? Do you fly to WDW every weekend or what?

Ah, stardom! How does one manage? Actually, the couple of times I have been recognized have been strange, strange experiences. Being on the "Z-list" myself, I don't know how the "A-list" people deal with it. I WISH I flew down every weekend, but I making the wages I do means being "creative." I'm soon moving down to Missouri, which is 7 hours (driving) and 1.5 hours (flying) from the East Coast Mouse House - which is as close as I will get at this point.

Anyway - it's now around the time we got our second round emails. I just got a phone call from the "407" area code and nearly wet myself. Unfortunately, "not our dino" but a business call. Major Bummer!

Ok I am going NUTS! So I put a bunch of pictures in my signature. What do ya'll think? Well, at least it kept me busy for 20 minutes. Now what am I going to do while I wait?

Wow! I am glad to see I am not the only one on step 3 of the admitting an obsession with waiting for an email from Disney! I don't know why I am so nervously, anxious, excited about this!?!?!? Everytime my email beeps I start to get butterflies, but the step 3 beer is definitely helping!!!:hippie:

Do you have Yuengling beer in Ohio? I think by the end of the night, I may love it more than I love the Mouse.

The funny thing is, I rarely drink! But here I am now:drinking1

What do you guys think? If we don't hear by 7 EST we are going to have to wait out the weekend?

Is it possible that the people putting the panel together are out in Anaheim...

If that's the case, then we'd still have two or three more hours.
Eileen

Caldercup you go to the head of the class!!! WOW you might just have figured this thing out!!!! Maybe that's why we got out our round 2 emails close to 7 pm. That would be 4 pm out west. I like your thinkin'!:thumbsup2

I raced home from work and practically flew to my computer to check email, and nothing! I came to the DIS to see if anyone else heard, again, nothing! I did have a good laugh reading all the posts in this thread that have come through since I was last able to check this morning, so thanks guys, you kept me occupied and entertained for a few minutes!

Is it possible that the people putting the panel together are out in Anaheim...

If that's the case, then we'd still have two or three more hours.
Eileen

Oh please let that be it! Otherwise I could not imagine Disney employees working in an office in Orlando after 5:00 on Friday night. They should all be on their way to get a sandwich at the Earl and a beer down by the water. That's what I would do anyway!

Darn. I wanted to hear if anyone went on. I got my photopass CD in the mail today, and I read this thread before looking at those. I hope you all find out something soon.

anyone see my mind, its official, I've lost it. I have been at the elementry school helping prepare for a fall festival, washed clothes, made 4 dozen halloween cookies, watches Meet the Robinsons ( great movie), cleaned the kitchen. Still nooooo e-mail. I figured we would get an e-mail between 5pm-8pm (leaning closer to the 5pm). love the post. I am having so much fun on here that I am glad we have not heard yet. wait, strike that .I am ALMOST glad .U guys r a great bunch. Cant imagine those having to choose between us.

Do you have Yuengling beer in Ohio? I think by the end of the night, I may love it more than I love the Mouse.

The funny thing is, I rarely drink! But here I am now:drinking1

I have never heard of that type of beer. Whatever works though to get through this:)

I am not a mom, but just out of curiousity, what is the Mom's Panel? I keep seeing this thread on the boards and I am very curious about what it is. I guess I just like to be informed. Thanks so much.

I got it. Didn't make it

On behalf of all of us at Walt Disney World® Resort , thank you for taking time to complete the second phase of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel application process.

As you know, we had thousands of moms and dads apply, and it has been no easy task narrowing down the submissions. We appreciate you sharing your experiences and special memories of Walt Disney World with us in the previous stages of this process. While you were not among those selected to move on to the final phase, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter and share your love for Walt Disney World Resort .

Because of the incredible passion you and so many others have shown for Walt Disney World Resort , we've been inspired to explore more concepts for programs -- beyond the Moms Panel -- to engage moms and dads like you who want to share their passion for the Parks. We plan to follow up with you in the near future with more details.

The Walt Disney World Moms Panel site, www.disneyworldmoms.com , officially launches in January. We hope you'll find the site a useful tool for you and other parents, too.

Again, thank you sincerely for your application. We hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,

Amy, Leanne, Duncan

BTW, my first notice arrive @ 6:27pm on wed oct 17.

That seems to have been the timestamp for the acceptances for Round 2.

Which is another reason that I think the Round 2 pool is more in the 50 people range -- otherwise, we'd have had problems with spam filters grabbing something mailed out to a 100 people or more...

Maybe that's STILL wishful thinking! :confused3

Check your mail guys, I got REJECTED! I guess my theory of not posting to see if they wanted someone not super active on a panel did not work. Best of luck to you guys. I feel as if I know you all already.
Julie

Well, all good things must come to an end. I didn't make it either. So much for the frozen banana!

Anyone make it???? Congratulations if you did!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter