"Mommy, When Will It Be Our Turn?!"--May 16-23, 2009 PTR

Great ADR's we have many of the same!! We are doing Crystal Palace Mon, CRT Wed for bkfst and Chef M's fri for dinner. Looks like the only day that overlaps is MK on Mon. We do have hoppers so we plan to move around a lot. I am jealous of your 8a times, earliest I could get was 905a.

Your ADR's look great! I love the planning but I agree it is stressful :goodvibes at times. I don't think we have any of the same park days. On the 21st though we are going to MK to watch Spectromagic and Wishes. The morning well be in AK. Are you flying in the from Memphis? I would go to a park on arrival day probably since you'll have more time then on departure day. Also I like having a character meal (breakfast or Lunch) on our departure day. You could always go 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian for breakfast( Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, Tigger, Mad Hatter) or have a nice breakfast with the characters at 'Ohana. You wouldn't have to have and early morning reservation if your not going to a park. It depends what will work better for your family. If you add another park to your Itinerary maybe Epcot or HS since you only have 1 day at each of those. But Ally might be looking forward to MK.

Thanks!! Yes, we're flying in from Memphis. Thanks for your suggestions!! I was thinking maybe Epcot the first day--I love the World Showcase and Brent loves pretty much everything else! None of our parks are the same?! That's too bad!

Great ADR's we have many of the same!! We are doing Crystal Palace Mon, CRT Wed for bkfst and Chef M's fri for dinner. Looks like the only day that overlaps is MK on Mon. We do have hoppers so we plan to move around a lot. I am jealous of your 8a times, earliest I could get was 905a.

Maybe we'll run into you on Monday! I can't take credit for the 8:00 a.m. times--my travel agent did everything for me!!

Hello, coming to join in on your fun. Your girls are adorable. Maybe we'll run inot eachother somewhere with our overlaping dates :goodvibes

Becky, you have some great ADRs! The only one I can't comment on is Hollywood & Vine - we have had dinner there once and it was like 7 years ago! :laughing:

If it were me, I would probably get settled in on that first day, unpack, check out the Poly, just enjoy the resort, the pool, maybe a ride on the monorail and a resort dinner (Kona is delicious)! Then call it an early night. I wouldn't want to overdo on your arrival day by going to a park. Energy levels are high that first day and we can tend to forget that the trip is a marathon, not a sprint! Plus, the Poly is so beautiful - it's such a great place to just "be". Plus you could finish the day with Wishes on the beach or from your room if you have a view! :thumbsup2

The last day you coud let the girls pick which park they want to go back to - you will have been to all of them, and will have a better idea of what you may have missed. If you go early, you would still have 3 or 4 hours to hit your faves before going home. JMO! :goodvibes

Your girls are great ages for Disney! I don't know why some people think little ones like the age of your youngest wouldn't get much out of Disney! That's crazy-talk!! :scared: It's a wonderful place for ones that age! :yay:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans! popcorn::

Sara

Becky, you have some great ADRs! The only one I can't comment on is Hollywood & Vine - we have had dinner there once and it was like 7 years ago! :laughing:

If it were me, I would probably get settled in on that first day, unpack, check out the Poly, just enjoy the resort, the pool, maybe a ride on the monorail and a resort dinner (Kona is delicious)! Then call it an early night. I wouldn't want to overdo on your arrival day by going to a park. Energy levels are high that first day and we can tend to forget that the trip is a marathon, not a sprint! Plus, the Poly is so beautiful - it's such a great place to just "be". Plus you could finish the day with Wishes on the beach or from your room if you have a view! :thumbsup2

The last day you coud let the girls pick which park they want to go back to - you will have been to all of them, and will have a better idea of what you may have missed. If you go early, you would still have 3 or 4 hours to hit your faves before going home. JMO! :goodvibes

Your girls are great ages for Disney! I don't know why some people think little ones like the age of your youngest wouldn't get much out of Disney! That's crazy-talk!! :scared: It's a wonderful place for ones that age! :yay:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans! popcorn::

Sara

Thanks Sara!! My friend that just got back from WDW on Friday said the same thing--to just enjoy that first day. Decisions, decisions!! :) If we have a 4:50 p.m. flight--what time would we have to catch the ME back to the airport? Glad you are joining in on my PTR!!

I just read back over some of your stuff....let them know at the Poly you're celebrating your anniversary. We were wearing our buttons at check in and the lady at the front desk gave us real floral leis AND they upgraded us from a standard room to a Magic Kingdom view 3rd floor w/ balcony!!!! I was like WHOA! This is awesome. We had so much fun. I did a TR on that one...it was in Sept of '09 if ya wanna check it out. Speaking of...I need to get back to uploading the pictures from my March trip.

* My DD LOVES AG too! :goodvibes

I had wanted to post this last night but the boards were down for what seemed like forever!!

On Friday Ally & Claire received a special note from Cinderella in the mail!!! For them to receive mail PERIOD is SUPER exciting and then for it to be from Cinderella--be still my heart! The excitement on their faces said it all. (My friend Amy was in WDW this past week and I asked her to be a "fairy godmother" for the girls--she even signed the postcard by trying to emulate Cinderella's signature--how authentic!!)

Ally showing off the postcard
086.jpg

Ally reading the note from Cinderella
087.jpg

Here's what it said (it was addressed to Princess Ally & Princess Claire)
095.jpg

Claire wanting a look!
090.jpg

Claire checking out the postcard (BTW--she's a bit cranky--she's been teething like crazy this week)
092.jpg

I think Ally was just in awe!! Can't wait until the real thing!!

Coming up! More surprises from the princesses!!

I just read back over some of your stuff....let them know at the Poly you're celebrating your anniversary. We were wearing our buttons at check in and the lady at the front desk gave us real floral leis AND they upgraded us from a standard room to a Magic Kingdom view 3rd floor w/ balcony!!!! I was like WHOA! This is awesome. We had so much fun. I did a TR on that one...it was in Sept of '09 if ya wanna check it out. Speaking of...I need to get back to uploading the pictures from my March trip.

* My DD LOVES AG too! :goodvibes

Really?! OH WOW!! That's awesome!! :woohoo: Thank you--I will definately mention it! Where do you get the anniversary buttons before check-in? I will have to check out that TR!!

My friend Amy (our "fairy godmother" from the previous post) had another little surprise for the girls today! In Sunday School this morning she gave me 2 princess lollipops from WDW--she told me to give them to the girls and to tell them that they were from the princesses!! So I gave Ally hers this afternoon after church--more excitement!! (I will have to wait and give Claire hers when I can supervise her better with it. Lollipops and 17 month olds can get VERY messy and sticky!! And I am not one for big messes!!)

Ally and the lollipops (She chose the grape one)
004.jpg

the lollipops were tied with tulle--super fancy!!
009-1.jpg

Becky, I am here!!! Great start to your PTR! My children are exactly 2 years, 2 months, and 2 days apart! :laughing: Your girls are just precious!!! I love how excited Ally was by the postcard and the lollipops -- how sweet of your friend! :goodvibes Your ADRs look great -- the girls will love meeting all of the princesses!

Good morning Becky!

I just got caught up...goodness...the boards being down was not fun!

Your ADRs look awesome! We did the basic DDP last trip and LOVED it! We opted for the Quick Service DDP for this trip..I'm anxious to see how it goes. We did book 'OHana for breakfast so we could do one character meal...they are so fun!

I would second the suggestion made by an earlier poster to take it easy on arrival day. Enjoy the resort, hit the pool, maybe go to DTD for dinner and shopping. Then you are ready to hit the parks, refreshed, the next morning! On departure day, hit the park the girls most want to re-visit!

The postcard from Cinderella looks like it was a big hit! Your daughters are absolutely beautiful! You are a blessed mommy! My kids should be getting cards next week....that will be fun!

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your planning. Disney with girls must be very different than with boys! ;)

Aww, Ally looks so excited with the postcard, and the lolipops, too cute!

Poor Claire, teething, I remember that. That's so tough! Give Claire Disney Hugs:hug:

Hey Becky! In answer to your question about Magical Express, with a 4:50 flight, you will need to be leaving on the bus a little before 2:00 (3 hours ahead of flight). Being at the Poly, it seems like you could jump on a monorail and go to either MK or Epcot and hit the highlights for 4 hours before heading back to the Poly to catch the ME.

You can hit Fantasyland and do some shopping and eat a nice lunch at the MK before heading back home and turning into pumpkins again! :sad1: Thinking about departure day is always sad!

Love the postcard and the lollipops! Fairy Godmothers are so much fun, aren't they? I had a friend send some postcards to my kids before our Thanksgiving trip in 2007 -they were thrilled! :cloud9:

Sara

Becky, I am here!!! Great start to your PTR! My children are exactly 2 years, 2 months, and 2 days apart! :laughing: Your girls are just precious!!! I love how excited Ally was by the postcard and the lollipops -- how sweet of your friend! :goodvibes Your ADRs look great -- the girls will love meeting all of the princesses!

Hi Jackie!! Glad you made it over!! Thank you so much for your sweet words! :)

Good morning Becky!

I just got caught up...goodness...the boards being down was not fun!

Your ADRs look awesome! We did the basic DDP last trip and LOVED it! We opted for the Quick Service DDP for this trip..I'm anxious to see how it goes. We did book 'OHana for breakfast so we could do one character meal...they are so fun!

I would second the suggestion made by an earlier poster to take it easy on arrival day. Enjoy the resort, hit the pool, maybe go to DTD for dinner and shopping. Then you are ready to hit the parks, refreshed, the next morning! On departure day, hit the park the girls most want to re-visit!

The postcard from Cinderella looks like it was a big hit! Your daughters are absolutely beautiful! You are a blessed mommy! My kids should be getting cards next week....that will be fun!

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your planning. Disney with girls must be very different than with boys! ;)

No, the boards being down was NOT fun!! Do they do that often? Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate your input!! Yes, the Cinderella postcard was a hit!! What kind of cards will your boys be getting?! I bet they will be soooo excited!!!

Aww, Ally looks so excited with the postcard, and the lolipops, too cute!

Poor Claire, teething, I remember that. That's so tough! Give Claire Disney Hugs:hug:

Yeah--I think these are the last of her baby teeth (thank goodness!!). She started getting teeth very early at 4 months old. Teething tablets seem to help some. She's biting everything, though--including herself and Ally. Wed. night she was up crying MANY times throughout the night--it was awful! She's been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old so I'm not used to her waking up in the middle of the night anymore. Praying these teeth come through soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter