• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom, you can't be serious. A vacation this September? Why? Why not!

Oh wow...I can't believe that you've gotten the same server 3 times. LOL!! I would definitely ask for another server. I hate when I get bad service in a restaurant and it's reflected in the tip that I leave.

I am actually a server so I know I can be super critical but this woman is just awful. One time we got our salads and dinner at the same time.

So, we got Disney mail today!! Got my magic bands!! And the one that I thought was gray is actually purple!! YAY!!! Yeah, it's the little things that make me happy. LOL!!

DS came to me today and said that he wants to blog during the trip to Disney. I had been considering it, but since he wants to do it I'm thinking about letting him. He wants to get a GoPro camera. I'm gonna let him pick it out.

Oh and I've started packing for the trip. I got DS another shirt. LOL! He told me today that he isn't going to have a single normal shirt. That they are all going to be Disney shirts. I'm not sure that is 100% true, but LOL!!

Oh and they sent luggage tags with the magic bands. That was a nice little surprise. They are pretty cute!!

Yeah!!! We love the cute little luggage tags.

This year I actually have more Disney shirts than DS.

I am off from work tomorrow and going to Target to pick up our last minute stuff a week early! LOL Packing makes the trip seem so much closer. Makes me so, so happy!!! I need this break in so many ways!

I am actually a server so I know I can be super critical but this woman is just awful. One time we got our salads and dinner at the same time.

Yeah!!! We love the cute little luggage tags.

This year I actually have more Disney shirts than DS.

I am off from work tomorrow and going to Target to pick up our last minute stuff a week early! LOL Packing makes the trip seem so much closer. Makes me so, so happy!!! I need this break in so many ways!

I was surprised that we got the luggage tags since we aren't flying this time.

We need a break also. I'm just so stressed out and can't wait! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

I was surprised that we got the luggage tags since we aren't flying this time.

We need a break also. I'm just so stressed out and can't wait! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

I forgot you are driving. That is strange that they put them in there but at the same time it is probably easier to put them in every box just as a little gift. Imagine if you changed your mind about flying....

Tonight DS and I were leaving the mall and it was dark and he goes...the next time we will be out this late will be walking back to the buses at Disney... Just made me smile that he is so looking forward to this trip...

I'm so sorry to read about your husbands passing. I can hear the love you have for him in your writing.
We will be in Disney (Bay Lake Towers) fron Sept 10th -Sep 20th. It's myself and DH, Older Brother, 2 YS, 2Nieces and three nephews. Ages 17 and up. Every time we walk by "Its a Small World" we all think of my Dad and the great memories we had with him. If our paths cross while we're in Disney I will walk up to you and let you know how much I'm enjoying reading your report. It's 1:45 am in WNY and I couldn't stop reading your pre trip report.

I'm glad you and your son are going back to Disney to get away and in some way celebrate your husbands life too.
Thank you.

Last edited:

I'm so sorry to read about your husbands passing. I can hear the love you have for him in your writing.
We will be in Disney (Bay Lake Towers) fron Sept 10th -Sep 20th. It's myself and DH, Older Brother, 2 YS, 2Nieces and three nephews. Ages 17 and up. Every time we walk by "Its a Small World" we all think of my Dad and the great memories we had with him. If our paths cross while we're in Disney I will walk up to you and let you know how much I'm enjoying reading your report. It's 1:45 am in WNY and I couldn't stop reading your pre trip report.

I'm glad you and your son are going back to Disney to get away and in some way celebrate your husbands life too.
Thank you.

Thank you so much. I really do love him and am glad that it's coming through in this. Going on without him is probably the hardest thing I've ever done.

I have a few memories of my dad at Disney. He wasn't much of a Disney fan, but I remember going with him once and being afraid of going on Thunder Mountain. So, he pretended that he was scared and screamed through it. I was laughing so hard at him that I forgot to be scared.

I'm glad that you're enjoying my report. Most of the time it seems like I'm rambling.

I hope you do stop me and say hello. It's nice meeting people from here.

Okay, so I had a morbid thought today. I remember seeing urns at the Haunted Mansion gift shop. I kinda hope that they still have them when we get there. Why? One of DH's favorite rides was Haunted Mansion. Morbid I know, but DS agrees...

I know this is crazy, but I'm getting excited about going, but I'm also getting sadder as it gets closer. It was always our family place and I feel as if we are incomplete. It's crazy I know, but it's true all the same.

DS is funny. I got a Swiss Gear backpack to carry our stuff in and he immediately claimed it. LOL!!

Decided that as a tribute to DH, DS and I are going to buy balloons and release them after telling our favorite memories of DH at Disney. I have so many I don't know how to choose....

Okay, so despite having reservations about it, we've decided to go ahead and do the MNSSHP. We are going to do it on the 16th of September. It's the same day as our Backstage Magic tour, so I'm sure we are going to be exhausted.

Not sure if I'm going to dress up or not, but DS has a costume. He's going as Jake from State Farm. LOL!!

Got some decorations for our window from Target and we are getting more and more excited about our trip. Can't wait!!!

As excited as I am for this trip. I really, really can't wait until this year is over. Why? I just got word that my Aunt is being taken off of life support. I've spent the last day crying and wishing that life could be fair......

Okay, so we got back late last night. I must say, that a lot has changed at Disney over the past 4 years. Not all of it was good. I will start my trip report later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter