Mom & Son - The Last Time? An August TIW DR! 10/22 - I am Back. Updates x 8!

Hi Vicki! You've always had great meals at The Wave. Glad you had another to add to the list. Your watermelon salad has been on my radar for some time. Em really wanted to eat lunch at The Wave last trip but we didn't fit it in.

That was nice of the manager to offer the dessert as compensation for the shrimp issue.

I kept noticing the candles holders on the table...I really like them! :)

I had meant to comment on how much I like the candles. I would buy a couple if they sold them! :thumbsup2

Lunch at the Wave looks really good. Your soup and that watermelon/feta salad would be a perfect lunch for me, yum! :thumbsup2

Great updates Vicki! :goodvibes

Sorry your fish tacos were not as good as Paradiso! What are the "shells" like, they look so weird to me (as in not like a tortilla!) I could see the shrimp in Andrews dish! Personally I prefer more shrimp and less of the other stuff!! Nice that they offered dessert for the mistake.

Sorry your fish tacos were not as good as Paradiso! What are the "shells" like, they look so weird to me (as in not like a tortilla!) I could see the shrimp in Andrews dish! Personally I prefer more shrimp and less of the other stuff!! Nice that they offered dessert for the mistake.

They were tortillas, probably homemade. Neither Andrew or I like shrimp so we hate to see it wasted. No problem moving them to the side. Too bad you weren't wish us, he could have plunked them on your plate! ;)

Thanks for a great review of the Wave. I've yet to try it but the menu always intrigued me. May have to give it a go next trip.

I don't know why but The Wave just doesn't appeal to me. Every time I read about it, I always think the food looks perfectly good, it gets good reviews but there is just nothing on the menu that really grabs me. I think the lack of dessert options that appeal to me are the major issue - I always look at the dessert menu first :rotfl:

Maybe one day we'll give it a go since it does seem to be consistently good.

Neither lunch nor dinner appeals to me either (and I have to agree that the desserts also play a role in that!) but you have GOT to try their breakfast. Lovely food, calm atmosphere; great way to start a day.

Weve still not tried the Wave, must give it a go one of these days
I've had a very nice cocktail from their bar though :thumbsup2
Is Andrew wearing a Chelsea football shirt?

Still enjoying your great reviews! That avocado gelato sounds interesting...like something they'd make on Iron Chef. :rotfl: I think I might enjoy trying it...it's interesting how much Andrew disliked it and how you liked it. It's nice to see he's trying so many seafood meals now! Still too bad they didn't honor his request, but dessert sounds like a great way to make up for it!

Andrew looks so grown up! I can remember seeing your old reviews and pics and he was just a kiddo. Now he's such a handsome young man!

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews and happy belated birthday. :hippie:

Thanks for a great review of the Wave. I've yet to try it but the menu always intrigued me. May have to give it a go next trip.

I don't know why but The Wave just doesn't appeal to me. Every time I read about it, I always think the food looks perfectly good, it gets good reviews but there is just nothing on the menu that really grabs me. I think the lack of dessert options that appeal to me are the major issue - I always look at the dessert menu first :rotfl:

Maybe one day we'll give it a go since it does seem to be consistently good.

Neither lunch nor dinner appeals to me either (and I have to agree that the desserts also play a role in that!) but you have GOT to try their breakfast. Lovely food, calm atmosphere; great way to start a day.

It is one of those places for us that has been consistent but the menu never "wows" me. And the desserts have always been the downside of the meal for us. And yet we keep going back.

Weve still not tried the Wave, must give it a go one of these days
I've had a very nice cocktail from their bar though :thumbsup2
Is Andrew wearing a Chelsea football shirt?

Yes ma'am. We buy one every trip. He is a big Chelsea fan.

Still enjoying your great reviews! That avocado gelato sounds interesting...like something they'd make on Iron Chef. :rotfl: I think I might enjoy trying it...it's interesting how much Andrew disliked it and how you liked it. It's nice to see he's trying so many seafood meals now! Still too bad they didn't honor his request, but dessert sounds like a great way to make up for it!

Andrew looks so grown up! I can remember seeing your old reviews and pics and he was just a kiddo. Now he's such a handsome young man!

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews and happy belated birthday. :hippie:

I agree on the gelato being like something from Iron Chef ... or even Chopped!

Thank you for the kind words about Andrew. When I looked back at the old reviews, I am amazed at how much he has grown! Sometimes I want to rewind!

Andrew started with the Sustainable Fish Taco - with avocado gelato and house-made soft flour tortillas $9.99

He liked it but it didnt compare to Paradiso 37. He did not care for the gelato.
I love fish tacos but they have to have corn tortillas and REAL guacamole, or avocado. The avocado gelato looks odd. Was it frozen?

I am once again sorry for the delay. It has been another one of those weeks that has just gotten away from me. And tomorrow we are off to Boston to hopefully see the Sox clinch the division. Really looking forward to the weekend away!

Anyway, next up is lunch from my favorite place to eat lunch on Disney property 

We have always had wonderful meals here and it is definitely a must do. I had thought we were going to try dinner this trip but in the end I changed back to lunch!

We both had our usual iced teas

And we were boring and both had the Scotch Egg - Golden-fried Hard-boiled Egg wrapped in Sausage Meat with Mustard Sauce $9.49

This is one of my favorite plates in Disney. It seems so decadent and something to only enjoy on vacation! I could eat the mustard sauce with a spoon!

Andrew chose the same thing he had last year  the English Breakfast Burger - Angus beef patty with applewood smoked bacon, cheddar, fried egg and house-made HP sauce $13.99

This is a truly delicious burger. Whoever thought of putting a fried egg on a burger is genius. We often make our burgers this way at home. The best part of Andrew ordering this is that I got to steal the fried pickle 

It was perfectly crispy, not greasy at all. Delicious!

For my entrée I chose the Bangers and Mash - traditional English sausages, with braised cabbage and bacon, mashed potatoes and shallot gravy $14.99

I didnt get this last year and have missed it ever since. Another of my favorite plates of Disney food. We dont have any place close to us that serves british food so this is really the only place I have it. It did not disappoint.

Even though we were pretty full, we had to have dessert 

Sticky Toffee Pudding for Andrew

Roasted Peach Cheesecake for me 

I was a bit disappointed in the cheesecake. It was still a bit frozen in the middle and the peaches were must meh. But I was full so I didnt plan to eat more than a few bites anyway.

And here we are 

Edited to add the receipt:

Argh! I'm so disappointed that I cancelled our R&C meal there this time. I'm a bit hesitant but still curious as to those Scotch eggs. I suppose I just need to jump in and try them! :rotfl2:

What I really want to try is that toffee pudding that Andrew ordered. That IS on my radar.

Your cheesecake looks like something I ordered this last trip which was not good at all.

Glad you got to go back to one of your favorites. :)

Oh, an Go Sox! Enjoy your weekend ball game.

Yes. You need to try it! Too bad we can't fit it in in December even if it was just for apps and dessert! The sticky toffee pudding is wonderful and I regret not getting it!

Anyway, next up is lunch from my favorite place to eat lunch on Disney property
I've never eaten here, can't go to America and eat in England :rotfl2:

This is a truly delicious burger. Whoever thought of putting a fried egg on a burger is genius. We often make our burgers this way at home. The best part of Andrew ordering this is that I got to steal the fried pickle –
That sounds great!

Sticky Toffee Pudding for Andrew
Oooh yummy!

I'm a bit hesitant but still curious as to those Scotch eggs. I suppose I just need to jump in and try them! :rotfl2:
Over here we eat them cold in picnics, salads etc they're pretty good :goodvibes

I LOVE RC. It was the first restaurant that we went to on ever 1st Disney trip. It continues to be a favorite! I, too, switch my ressie's from dinner to lunch just to get the bangers and mash!

OMGosh! R&C looks wonderful. It's been awhile since we have been there and I feel like we need to go again after reading your review! Yummy! I would order everything you both ordered!!:goodvibes

All caught up! Great report so far! I swore I wasn't going to eat in any Epcot restaurants on my upcoming trip since there is so much at F&W I want to try, but now that I know they still have the burger with the fried pickle at R&C you may have swayed me into a visit. DH had that burger last trip and I need to try the fried pickle for myself.

That's awesome that your son is into English football. I'm a Liverpool fan myself, but I won't hold that against him. :laughing:

I've never eaten here, can't go to America and eat in England

Yeah, I admit when in Disney I have never eaten at the American Pavillion or the McD's (when they had them)

I LOVE RC. It was the first restaurant that we went to on ever 1st Disney trip. It continues to be a favorite! I, too, switch my ressie's from dinner to lunch just to get the bangers and mash!

See, I haven't actually tried dinner. I keep saying I am going to and then switch back to lunch. Someday ...

OMGosh! R&C looks wonderful. It's been awhile since we have been there and I feel like we need to go again after reading your review! Yummy! I would order everything you both ordered!!:goodvibes

Yes, you should go back! :thumbsup2

All caught up! Great report so far! I swore I wasn't going to eat in any Epcot restaurants on my upcoming trip since there is so much at F&W I want to try, but now that I know they still have the burger with the fried pickle at R&C you may have swayed me into a visit. DH had that burger last trip and I need to try the fried pickle for myself.

That's awesome that your son is into English football. I'm a Liverpool fan myself, but I won't hold that against him. :laughing:

That burger is just amazing. If I didn't love the bangers & mash so much I would have gotten that!

I won't tell Andrew that your a Liverpool fan -- can't promise that he wouldn't hold it against you! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter