Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

Aww love the dismeet photos, you all look like such sweet ladies :) I agree Le Cellier is a wonderful meal and the soup is just amazing in my book. I don't have ressie for this week, but may get my Costco size sample at the F&W :rotfl2:, yes the size of the soup for what they charge is a crime IMO.

We will be eating at LC for the first time on Christmas day, and I am beyond excited. We had an ADR last time we were there, but decided to cancel. What were we thinking??

Your Dis meet looks like fun.

Wow you had some amazing reviews back to back! Your meal at CG looked fabulous and I love that cake! Chef Brian always does an amazing job .

I am so excited to go to LC in November it isn't even funny. I think I will try to get DH to split the filet and the burger but I'm not sure if he is going to be open to sharing there haha.

Love the dismeet as well! I still think it's awesome that so many of you were able to get together at once.

WDWSummer2012265.jpg

Hmm...I'm thinking I could use this pic in the soon-to-be Live Update thread. :scratchin Would you mind if I borrowed it? :)

Andrew looks less than thrilled here but he really ended up having a good time!

WDWSummer2012267.jpg

Oh, I sooo recognize that look, as I've see it on my son's face many times! :lmao:

Soon Brenda joined us!

WDWSummer2012268.jpg

Awww... what a great group of DIS ladies and DIS kids!!! :goodvibes

Next up dinner at Artist Point. As some of you know, we loved this meal in 2009 and I was very disappointed last year and did not want to come back this year. DS would not hear of that so I agreed to give it another go.

One very nice touch - I wore black pants and when seated they immediately swapped out my white napkin for a black one.

WDWSummer2012283.jpg

Partial menu ... the entree portion is really blurry!

WDWSummer2012285.jpg

Loved the iced tea presentation ...

WDWSummer2012287.jpg

The yummy bread with butter and I believe a pesto olive oil … it was very tasty!

WDWSummer2012288.jpg

And the yummy delicious-ness that is the Smokey Portobello Soup - with Roasted Shiitakes, Chive Oil, and Sourdough Croutons

WDWSummer2012289.jpg

Oh my! DS ordered a bowl and DH and I ordered one to share in addition to our regular appetizers. I didn’t actually let DH have more than a spoonful. DS has raved about this soup for two years. I only had a taste two years ago. This is truly the most amazing soup ever.

For my actual appetizer, I had the Oak Smoked Venison Carpaccio

WDWSummer2012290.jpg

I don’t eat venison for a variety of reasons but love carpaccio so I decided to try it. It was really good. I let myself believe it was beef. I didn’t love the cherries, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

DH had the Alaskan King Crab and Sweet Corn Fritters - yellow watermelon salsa, avocado and fresno chili aioli

WDWSummer2012291.jpg

I really don’t care for crab so I didn’t try it but he thought it was very good.

For entrees, I had the Crispy Buttermilk-dipped Airline Chicken - with Herb Spaetzle, Fava Beans, Bacon Jam, and Natural Chicken Jus

WDWSummer2012292.jpg

This was really good. Chicken was very crispy. The bacon jam and the jus were really great with the spaetzle. I truly enjoyed this dish.

DH and DS both had the Slow-Roasted Buffalo Strip Steak - Zellwood Corn-sausage mash, Yukon gold potatoe smear, and blackberry Pinot Noir reduction

WDWSummer2012293.jpg

DS liked it but not as much as some of the other meat dishes he has had this trip. Nothing wrong with it, just not as good as some of his other meals. I only tried a small bite of the buffalo and thought it has nice flavor and was very tender.

We once again did not have dessert. Total dining plan portion was $220.03. Total for the extra soup and two glasses of wine OOP was $23.43.

All in all, AP redeemed itself with me. The soup alone would make me go back. So good job to DS for not wavering when I wanted to cancel this ADR

So Thursday, August 30th was supposed to be a no Parks day. DS was going to do the tubing and stand up paddleboarding at CS. Well, he decided that he really wasn’t in to that and we all felt like we wanted to hit the Parks so we added an extra day to our tickets.

First up was breakfast at ‘Ohana …
Hua Paka (Scrambled Eggs) - made fresh, hot & delicious, Uala Kahiki (Fried Potatoes) - island-style potatoes, caramelized onions & scallions, Pua'a (Pork) - pork breakfast sausage links & smoked bacon, Assorted Warm Breakfast Breads, Seasonal Fruit Bowl,Unlimited Juice, Milk and Coffee included
WDWSummer2012298.jpg

WDWSummer2012299.jpg

And of course, WAFFLES!

WDWSummer2012300.jpg

This was DH’s first time here for breakfast. DS and I had been twice before. It is probably my all around favorite breakfast on property. I love the eggs and the potatoes and of course the waffles. For some reason the potatoes were particularly outstanding this year.

The problem was service. Somehow Pluto skipped us and it took forever to get someone to send him back. If I wasn’t having my Vinyl signed I wouldn’t have cared but that was the whole point of eating there. Then we were told to go meet him towards where you pick up the breads when you come it. Very weird.

Heres the pic

WDWSummer2012304.jpg

And Mickey signing my Vinyl …

WDWSummer2012295.jpg

Total cost would have been $67.07. And as crazy as that is to pay for breakfast, I think I would even do it OOP. I really enjoy this meal.

I think I will have the AP Mushroom soup as well. I LOVE Mushroom soups!!
I wonder if they will have menu changes in the next 3 weeks?!?

Hmmm.... Another breakfast possibility!! Looks basic but good!

Yay that you enjoyed your experience at Artist Point! The venison really was a fantastic appetizer, and that bacon jam with the chicken is a delicious touch. :goodvibes

I think I will have the AP Mushroom soup as well. I LOVE Mushroom soups!!
I wonder if they will have menu changes in the next 3 weeks?!?
Artist Point's menu will probably change slightly before your meal...but no need to worry about the soup leaving. It's a classic and extremely popular! :thumbsup2

I am finally caught up !!! We had O'hana breakfast planned for our November trip and I was really excited about it, but we had to cancel because I had ankle surgery. And I will still be on crutches. And something tells me Disney won't be much fun on crutches ......

So glad that you listened to your DS and tried AP again! It was a favorite of our trip and didn't disappoint.

Ohana is a must do for us since who doesn't love those Mickey waffles (well, Jabead since she hasn't tried them!) and that stitch juice! Oh, and the bread isn't half bad either. It is just a happy place to eat breakfast! :)

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your meal at AP!! It looks fabulous! I read such great reviews of this place but I'm not a very adventurous eater - so while I'd love to try it, I'm worried that I wouldn't like it! However, your chicken dish looks fantastic and I would definitely eat that.

What a great review of the 'Ohana breakfast! It has never been on my radar until now but it looks great. I think it's definitely on my list!

I am sorry all but this has been one of those crazy weeks. Tonight is back to school night and then Friday I am taking a 1/2 day to go upstate to my Mom's because my sister flew in yesterday from Florida. :goodvibes First time she has been home in almost 4 years. We are only staying Friday night, home late Saturday. So no update from me until at least Sunday.

One bit of news ...

I made a couple of ADRs for our November trip ... Sci Fi, Yak & Yeti (really for dessert only), Tokyo Dining, The Plaza and Kona Cafe Breakfast.

We may try Kimonos instead of Tokyo Dining. With our new fascination for sushi, it is intriguing to me. But it doesn't look like you can make a reservation. :confused3

More importantly, I made ADRs for our (I hope) March trip ... Tutto Italia, Be Our Guest and Rose & Crown! I am really hoping we can go March 23rd thru the 26th. Yes, braving the Spring Break crowds. Heck, we've done 4th of July and Christmas week, bring it on!

Once the reviews return, next up Via Napoli and then what was probably my favorite meal of the trip! Not necessarily for the food, but the whole experience! :)

I'm so glad you love 'Ohana, breakfast b/c this will be our Mickey Mouse meal.:mickeyjum We usually do Chef Mickey's & this will be the 1st year w/out it for something different. I'm already missing CM, but this review has gotten me all excited for 'Ohana! My DS2 will love the fruit plate!! Have fun this weekend!!!

And of course, WAFFLES!

WDWSummer2012300.jpg

I will have a Mickey Waffle someday! I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!! :lmao:

More importantly, I made ADRs for our (I hope) March trip ... Tutto Italia, Be Our Guest and Rose & Crown! I am really hoping we can go March 23rd thru the 26th. Yes, braving the Spring Break crowds. Heck, we've done 4th of July and Christmas week, bring it on!

I've booked for March 23 - 29, but of course I still need to convince my DH that he wants to go to Disney World during one of the most crowded weeks of the year. :lmao: I really hope I can, 'cause I would sure love to meet you, Vicki! :goodvibes

I will have a Mickey Waffle someday! I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!! :lmao:

I've booked for March 23 - 29, but of course I still need to convince my DH that he wants to go to Disney World during one of the most crowded weeks of the year. :lmao: I really hope I can, 'cause I would sure love to meet you, Vicki! :goodvibes

Yes, you do and YES! it would! Keep working on DH!

Yikes! I'd fallen behind! Now I'm caught up!

I simply adore your AP review. That is the restaurant I most want to try that I don't think we will be able to get to in our upcoming trip. The buffalo steak looks superb! Your breakfast update looks good as well, and I'm sorry you've had a hard week. At least you have November to look forward to!

Ok, I am back! After breakfast we spent some time in the now Halloween decorated MK before taking the Yacht Club bus to head to lunch at Via Napoli.

DH started with Sangria ...

WDWSummer2012315.jpg

I am pretty sure I just had iced tea. I remember being very hot and thirsty when we arrived.

For appetizers, I had the Prosciutto e Melone - parma ham, cantelope

WDWSummer2012318.jpg

This was perfect. The melon wasn't too cold and was perfectly ripe. With the saltiness of the ham, it was a perfect refreshing start.

DH had the Salami e Provolone - dry cured sausage, imported provolone cheese

WDWSummer2012319.jpg

Very weird presentation. But he said it was tasty.

DS had the Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu

WDWSummer2012316.jpg

These were very tasty. (But not as good as the one we had at our Flying Fish tasting! Will get to that review soon!)

We all had individual make your own pizzas. It is ridiculous that they charge $3.50 per topping but we sucked it up to each get exactly what we wanted.

I had the same that I had last year ... ham and olives

WDWSummer2012320.jpg

I just love this pizza. I have dreamed of it since last year. The salty ham & olives, slightly sweet sauce. Just perfect.

DH had sausage & proscuitto.

WDWSummer2012321.jpg

He was surprised the way the proscuitto was done but ended up really enjoying the pizza.

DH had anchovies and sausage

WDWSummer2012322.jpg

He doesn't get to have anchovies when we get pizza at home so he really enjoyed this.

We were stuffed but DS and I knew we had to have the Zeppole di Ricotta - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate

WDWSummer2012325.jpg

These did not disappoint. The chocolate is nice and bitter. The zeppoles just slightly sweet. And there really are a ton in there! No way we could have each eaten our own order.

I am sorry to say that I do not remember what DH's dessert was ...

WDWSummer2012324.jpg

Looks like some kind of parfait? I know he enjoyed it. DS also had a cappucino

WDWSummer2012323.jpg

Total dining plan cost was $123.54. Total OOP was $23.43. Definitely overpriced for a pizza lunch but very worth it on the dining plan. And we enjoy it enough that DS and I will split a pizza and those yummy zeppoles when we eat OOP in November. I think Via Napoli is a great addition to the many good restaurants in EPCOT. Finally decent pizza in the World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter