Mom, Can You Quit Hanging on to Me and Just Hang on to Yourself? Update 11/2/16

Cassidy and I arrived at the GF via the monorail and waited for the others to arrive. We were still a bit early, but we passed the time in one of our faves - Basin. While we were browsing, my phone rang and it was DH. He was NOT feeling well and was going to stay back. He and Wyatt had stayed at DHS in the sun too long I think. Plus we had been going strong for so many days in a row, I think he was worn out. I was sad that it was Cassidy's birthday meal, but didn't want to risk the rest of the trip. When DH feels like that he needs to sleep and then is usually fine. So my mom and Wy and Annie were on their way over in the van. When my mom and kiddos arrived, my mom made a show of handing me the van keys and saying, HERE are the keys, I'm not responsible for them anymore...dun dun dun. Remember this. :rolleyes:

We were able to check in at this point and had a magical moment. Cassidy and Annie got to open the restaurant! It was so much fun - they got to open the doors and then they were presented with a certificate - it was so special! We got sat at a table near the buffet and got ready to enjoy the evening. We could tell the characters were going to make it too us before we could go get food and this is OK with me. I hate having to deal with food and characters, so I was happy we would have a clean table and could concentrate on the amazing character interaction that is 1900 PF! Hands down my favorite meal on property!

First up was Prince Charming (or as DH always seems to call him Prince Charles :rolleyes: lol)

WDW%20Sept%202014%20578_zpszddamnst.jpg

He was fine, nothing special - lol We are here for Cinderella and her step-sisters thank you very much! :rotfl2:

Next up was Cinderella herself. I love these pics *happy sigh. They are just so special with Cassidy in her matching dress - and Annie all dressed up too. I want to suck up every single moment of these girls at these dinners. :cloud9:

WDW%20Sept%202014%20582_zpsg2lkfchp.jpg

WDW%20Sept%202014%20581_zpsfrbycmtj.jpg

WDW%20Sept%202014%20583_zpsxuidahik.jpg

Then came Lady Tremaine - she was a hoot. She made the girls raise their hands over their heads for some reason or another. She was also interested in Wyatt and hollered for Anastasia to come over to meet him. :rotfl:

WDW%20Sept%202014%20585_zps5empzvdl.jpg

Getting after Cassidy to get that wand in the air!

WDW%20Sept%202014%20584_zpsb1ttmlhg.jpg

Here is when Wyatt got roped into posting with Anastasia - I LOVE this Anastasia - we have seen her multiple times and I am borderline wanting to stalk her each time we come down- I want to make sure she is working when we go - she is SO perfect!

WDW%20Sept%202014%20586_zps74qipdrg.jpg

WDW%20Sept%202014%20587_zpshinfmevu.jpg

Bless that boy, he must love his mama to put up with this :goodvibes

Now it was the girls turn

WDW%20Sept%202014%20588_zpsvxyxtokd.jpg

WDW%20Sept%202014%20589_zpsnr5umqv0.jpg

Now right after this pic was taken and she left our table she bumped into Drizella and they FOUGHT. I mean like Drizella JUMPED on her back and then Anastasia spun around and tried to get her off. Best. Dinner.Ever. It was so funny. Then Lady Tremaine had to come over and break them up. Fights like this happened multiple times during dinner. I have never seen them that active. It was awesome.

Here is kind of an action shot- I think there is some hair pulling going on.

WDW%20Sept%202014%20593_zpsx8rnvury.jpg

Lady T breaking them up

WDW%20Sept%202014%20590_zpsqciklcnt.jpg

Then Drizella came over to our table. I don't know if she was behind or what, but she was very odd and rushed. Oh well, we were so happy with our other interactions, it didn't matter.

WDW%20Sept%202014%20592_zpskyzev6mb.jpg

After Drizella came to visit, we hit the buffet. We all enjoyed our food, especially the 3 bowls of strawberry soup I had - YUM! I had marked our reservation with Cassidy's birthday and our server brought her out a cupcake -it was very nice. She loved it!

WDW%20Sept%202014%20594_zpsqyntwusx.jpg

We had had such a wonderful day so far- and it wasn't even over yet!!!

Stay tuned for the rest of Cassidy's Birthday!

So sweet. I love the picture of Wyatt with Anastasia. He's such a good sport.

Pics of Wyatt and Anastasia are some of my faves- lol. He is such a good sport though. He does dread it while we are headed there cause he knows what's coming! lol

We interrupt September 2014 to bring you another installment of Jan/Feb 2015 - Operation B.S. (Birthday Surprise). When I last left off we had landed and gotten settled into our room at VWL. We had big plans for Epcot this day. We headed over (separately of course - for some reason our family just never travels together - :rotfl: Boys on the Bus and Girls in the Van.

Cassidy and Annie excited about our first park visit of the trip

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20002_zpsowwufb7x.jpg

Funny part is we always seem to make it to the parks about the same time. We met the boys up front and took a few pics. Not sure what was up with Wy's shirt this day. Also that boy needed a hair cut!! Also remember that Cassidy hates pics, I promise we didn't leave her in the room. :D

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20003_zpsndnqjvvs.jpg

Where were we headed? To our first fastpass of the day- Soarin!

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20007_zps0zbrl0hr.jpg

We were excited - we got front row center! Love that top row view!

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20009_zps2j0noqrp.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20010_zpsfbecvaiq.jpg

After our flight over California, we were hungry. We grabbed a quick bite at Sunshine Seasons - Kids had mac n cheese and DH and I had Asian noodles and chicken and beef and rice - YUMMY. There was also some cheesecake and strawberry shortcake involved :thumbsup2

Next up on our list was Figment. I LOVE Figment, it's right up there with the TTA and Gran Fiesta Tour. Wow, that makes me sound exciting, huh. :rotfl2: Annie loves it also, Wyatt and Cassidy tolerate it, but we all LOVE the part afterward. I feel like I should know what it's called but I don't. The kids love the design your own figment and the musical director station.

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20011_zpsvntikgw9.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20012_zpsjbjkntgc.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20015_zps9pjvqtgo.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20017_zpsbgytcrek.jpg

Even my big boy gets exited about making and sending a figment to Nana and Papa back home :lovestruc

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20013_zpsjuz3a1fi.jpg

Looks like DH is supervising in this one

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20016_zpsurkijn2y.jpg

But the thing my kiddos love the most about Figment is the jumping water fountains outside of it! :)

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20025_zpsgcr4mx40.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20026_zpsammi0tvv.jpg

As you can tell from the pics, it was a beautiful sunny day. After playing in the fountains until we were sufficiently wet, we headed to the World Showcase via the shortcut by the Imagination Pavilion there. We took our time and wandered through. Our family LOVES the world showcase- just taking everything in.

Up next - our World Showcase Adventures!

Love the updates! The girls are darling in their princess garb. Sounds like you had some very fun character meals on Cassidy's bday! Also love Wyatt's Bronco's shirt--me being from Colorado and all!! :rolleyes1 :upsidedow :-) What a good sport he is!
I love figment too…such a catchy tune…"I mag i nation" !!
Looking forward to more and I'll have to check out your new TR. For some reason I'm not getting the email updates on my subbed threads lately. :confused3

Love the updates! The girls are darling in their princess garb. Sounds like you had some very fun character meals on Cassidy's bday! Also love Wyatt's Bronco's shirt--me being from Colorado and all!! :rolleyes1 :upsidedow :-) What a good sport he is!
I love figment too…such a catchy tune…"I mag i nation" !!
Looking forward to more and I'll have to check out your new TR. For some reason I'm not getting the email updates on my subbed threads lately. :confused3

Thanks! We had SO much fun at that dinner - So glad for the opportunities to let my girls be princesses :D Though they do seem to be fighting just LIKE Anastasia and Drizzella lately! lol Ack - now I have Imagination song in my head - :D One Little Spark! lol

I fell SO far behind!! First Halloween, Thanksgiving, now it's Christmas!

Both trips are going wonderfully. And my how the children have grown!

Can't wait to see more!

Loved catching up, I've been mia. It's been a whirlwind around here. We actually left our Nov. trip two days early :( It was an experience for sure..... Now I'm trying to convince the hubby to still go with us in June. I hope your family had a Great Christmas and that you guy's have a Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! When you get a chance, I'm still looking forward to reading more about your last few trips, including last February!

Wow - Where did the time go since Christmas??? Oh yea, I've been on 2 Disney trips since then lol - Oops. Our big "Grand Gathering" in January, where at times there were 16 of us. And then in April, I had a lightbulb idea to take Annie on her birthday. I am a TA now and could NOT pass up the discount! I also had the idea to invite my BFF, who is the mom to both of my daughters BFF's so there were 6 of us that went on an epic Girls Trip! So. Much. Fun.

But for now, I WILL finish these 2 (3) reports that I have going now. I WILL!

I am going to start off with posting the rest of our World Showcase Adventures for the Feb 2015 Trip. Remember for that trip, it was mostly pics with a little commentary that I was throwing in....

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20028_zpsmko3og9u.jpg

It looks like we started off walking thru Canada and making our way to France, where I'm sure there were goodies purchased. I've talked about them before but we ADORE the ham and cheese baguette in the France Bakery. SO. GOOD. If memory serves Wyatt also got a Mango gelato which boggled my mind because he has never ordered fruit flavored anything. He did not love it, but ate it.

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20030_zpseoprwgyo.jpg

As you can see in the pic, Wyatt had his hidden mickey book out and was trying to check more off the list. He always likes to have a "mission" in Disney. :D

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20034_zps4uklhmlm.jpg

Love this pretty fountain. It was a busy plaza though, as you can tell from all of the people in the pic. Also, please take note of Cassidy's lack of shoes. Again. *sigh. I should start keeping track of how many pics we have in Disney of a bare foot Cassidy.

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20037_zps4kamuzhj.jpg

Of course, it's always fun to shop in Morocco! Such pretty things...

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20035_zpsgq0kraho.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20036_zps7myl3muf.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20040_zpsl2hqlvs4.jpg

Oh Japan - we LOVE Japan. It is one of our very favorite countries in the World Showcase. We must have spent quite a bit of time in the store, which is very possible since the girls LOVE to spend their money there, because my next pics are of Italy and the jackets had come out!

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20042_zpsneukfbzn.jpg

As you can tell, it was still a gorgeous evening, but there was a chill breeze. I do love traveling during this time of year. September is always SO hot, no matter the time of day. It's nice to be able to tour the showcase without melting!

After stops in Italy and Germany (no photographic evidence, but I'm sure caramels were bought lol) it was time for one of our favorite things to do - Face-painting at the Outpost!

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20049_zpszy9ewx3p.jpg
wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20050_zpshgfxv9pe.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20051_zpsnywkmfmw.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20052_zpsgxz0frwi.jpg

This is one of our most favorite things to do and there have not been any trips taken without at least one stop for face painting - sometimes we stop a few times!

After face-painting, we finished our meander through the rest of the World Showcase, ending with a stop to the Mexico Pavilion to ride my favorite. Gran Fiesta Tour! What a great night. My kiddos LOVE the World Showcase and we could spend many an evening just wandering.

We then decided we needed to hit up Mouse Gears - I think this is our favorite "park" store. It just seems to have everything, even when the Emporium doesn't! Of course we had to try on a few hats.

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20065_zpsilpz7wov.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20066_zpsv6zprikl.jpg

From there, we decided a trip to Club Cool was in order. We had to stop for a few quick fountain pics on the way though.

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20064_zpsqgw03h1m.jpg

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20055_zpsoz3tvvwq.jpg

Then some Club Cool fun.

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20059_zpsx0oeppd9.jpg

Well did she like the soda from Costa Rica?

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20057_zpsiugge0sn.jpg

Hmmm, Let's see....

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20058_zpspigf39zk.jpg

I'd say that is a Yes!

After that it was time to head out of Epcot and rest for another day! Of course we HAD to stop at SE on the way out....

wdw%20day%20one%20Thurs%20062_zpsowhoq5uu.jpg

Up next: I want to get back on the Sept trip and finish that one!

I fell SO far behind!! First Halloween, Thanksgiving, now it's Christmas!

Both trips are going wonderfully. And my how the children have grown!

Can't wait to see more!

Yeah, and now we are rounding the base towards summer!! Crazy how time flies!

Loved catching up, I've been mia. It's been a whirlwind around here. We actually left our Nov. trip two days early :( It was an experience for sure..... Now I'm trying to convince the hubby to still go with us in June. I hope your family had a Great Christmas and that you guy's have a Happy New Year!

OH NO! I wish I would have read this months ago - what happened?! Never good to have to leave a trip early :( What, if any, plans are for June?

Happy New Year! When you get a chance, I'm still looking forward to reading more about your last few trips, including last February!

Happy New Year to you also! lol Better late than never, right? I am still plugging away - I WILL finish these!!!

So I am going to finish off September 2014 before it gets too confusing, which it already is, but I'm going to anyway - :rolleyes1 Ok so when I left off in September, we had just gotten done with Cassidy's birthday dinner at 1900 PF. Daddy had stayed back at the room because he wasn't feeling the best, so it was just Nana, I and the kiddos. We took our time leaving the GF, because it is one of my favorite places. I don't think I'd want to stay there, but we do love a good visit. We went to Basin and their gift shop and bought some bath bombs for the girls for later. We also snapped this fancy pic (the bare feet make it extra classy, don't you think?)

WDW%20Sept%202014%20597_zps7ebg3v8i.jpg

Next we decided that we would take a spin around on the monorail. We had parked at the GF, but weren't ready to call it a night just yet. First stop was the Contemporary where we got off just to browse at their shops. We love Fantasia (I think that is what that is called) and their other shop too. Then back on the monorail.

WDW%20Sept%202014%20601_zpsleju1ekh.jpg

Next up a stop at the Poly for Dole Whips! What a great idea! We could not believe how torn up the Poly was - so sad :guilty: Good think it didn't affect the taste of the Dole Whips!

Construction Wall Pics

WDW%20Sept%202014%20602_zpsjejvfk8s.jpg

WDW%20Sept%202014%20603_zpsmqmn94nt.jpg

The pic we seem to get every trip of Wyatt - I will have to dig the others out so we can see how he's grown....

WDW%20Sept%202014%20605_zpsbrihu9my.jpg

Ahhhh finally what we came for - and note that Nana sprang for the Tiki Bowl!

WDW%20Sept%202014%20609_zpsnsxtj6dc.jpg

After eating our favorite treat, what did we do next? Take Tiki pics of course :thumbsup2

WDW%20Sept%202014%20607_zpsg9bcqjdm.jpg

ARGH - Photobucket is NOT cooperating for the last of this evening. I will leave us here. We've enjoyed our Dole Whip - what next? Head back to the Wilderness Lodge and eat cake of course!

Ok let's try this again, so we were full of Dole Whip and ready to begin our journey back to the Wilderness Lodge. Our van was still at the Grand Floridian, so we headed over to pick it up.

Here are Wyatt and Annie waiting for the monorail at the Poly

WDW%20Sept%202014%20611_zpsgr1pmuxl.jpg

Pulling up to the GF. It was still such a gorgeous night! I do love that about September - the sky is just beautiful in the evenings.

WDW%20Sept%202014%20615_zps4hqplayh.jpg

WDW%20Sept%202014%20617_zpsoqfg9xv4.jpg

Once there we of course we had to stop for a pic by the fountain that is on the walkway to the guest parking area. Cassidy was either sleeping or not wanting her picture taken at this point. She is the one that people will question if she was on some of these trips due to lack of pics - lol

WDW%20Sept%202014%20621_zpsx59wcqu0.jpg

We headed back to the Wilderness Lodge, but once there we of course needed to take just a few more pics. Wow, we were in quite a picture taking mood this night.

Kids being silly by the topiaries - actually just Wyatt is being silly - I see Cassidy is making a heart :love:

WDW%20Sept%202014%20624_zps0u6ni6l9.jpg

Another silly Wyatt one

WDW%20Sept%202014%20622_zpswlsqvvyz.jpg

Finally - there, a nice one

WDW%20Sept%202014%20623_zpstl0snfkx.jpg

There, NOW it was time for cake with Daddy! We headed back to the rooms and got the cake all ready for the Birthday girl. It's funny because she chose Scooby Doo. I tried to lead her towards more of a princess type cake, but NOPE she wanted Scooby. *sigh. Oh well, it's her Birthday, not mine! So Scooby Doo cake it is.

WDW%20Sept%202014%20625_zpsl8r6zmpp.jpg

Getting ready to blow out that candle

WDW%20Sept%202014%20627_zpsgnkiep0m.jpg

My big 6yr old girl and her cake

WDW%20Sept%202014%20628_zpshia9d1zl.jpg

Here is a pic of the room decorations I had put up before she got up that morning.

WDW%20Sept%202014%20629_zpsk35jngfy.jpg

Now I officially had a 6 yr old!!

Up next: Flag Family Morning!!

Late start but enjoying your trip report! Dd is 6 and ds2 and we are planning a sept trip! Last time we did sept we melted!

Late start but enjoying your trip report! Dd is 6 and ds2 and we are planning a sept trip! Last time we did sept we melted!

Glad you are enjoying! We have such a love/hate relationship with September. Crowds are amazing as is the Halloween decs and party, but that HEAT! It doesn't seem to keep us away though. :sunny:

Welcome back, DopeyDonald!

I was there this April 8-21. When in April were you there?

We were there the 9th thru the 16th! Maybe we saw you and didn't know it! Wasn't the weather beautiful? I was definitely a fan of this time of year and can see us going in April again (dependent on when Easter is that is).

We were there the 9th thru the 16th! Maybe we saw you and didn't know it! Wasn't the weather beautiful? I was definitely a fan of this time of year and can see us going in April again (dependent on when Easter is that is).
Yes, weather was mostly good. Wish I'd known you were going, and we could have said hi in person.

Next year I plan to go in early March (avoiding the Easter crowds).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter