Mom and Daughter Experience Ideas?

Kelly014

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are heading down to Disney in July with our 6 year old DS and 11 year old DD. My husband is going to build a lightsaber at Savi's Workshop. It doesn't look like we will all be able to go in with him, so I was thinking of having my son go with him and then finding something to do with DD at some point in the trip.

Any ideas on what we could do? She is not really a girly girl and not interested in princesses anymore. Picking a pearl came to mind, but I'm not sure if they are doing that at the moment. She loves drawing and cooking - any experiences related to that? Thought about the Rafiki's Planet Watch drawing experience - are they doing those? We are doing a split stay at AoA and Poly if that helps, and will be going to all the parks, Blizzard Beach, and Disney Springs. TIA!

Not sure it is currently being offered, I’m thinking not but maybe by then, but they offer a cake decorating at Amorette’s in Disney springs. Looks like it would be a lot of fun!
I believe the drawing at planet watch in animal kingdom is still being offered, my 10 year old daughter loves drawing and really enjoyed that one.

Not sure it is currently being offered, I’m thinking not but maybe by then, but they offer a cake decorating at Amorette’s in Disney springs. Looks like it would be a lot of fun!
I believe the drawing at planet watch in animal kingdom is still being offered, my 10 year old daughter loves drawing and really enjoyed that one.
Dang, it is temporarily suspended, but I will keep an eye out because it sounds perfect for us. Thank you for the idea!

I think many of the special experiences are closed right now. In the past, we have enjoyed...

Afternoon tea at GF (you can dress fancy or come straight from a park)
Archery at FW
Trail ride at FW
You could “eat around the world” in WS EP
Ride the monorail and hop off to eat a snack at CR and GF

I am not sure the pick a pearl in the Japan pavilion in EPCOT is open right now but my DD loved to do this. One year she picked an oyster and so did I. I had both of our pearls set together into a necklace for her. Still one of favorite memories.

Rafiki's planet is fun, my DD always loved getting the henna. I am not sure when pick a pearl will open but she always loved that too. Or maybe even just have her pick a fun place to eat or snack just the two of you. It's limited at the moment....hopefully things will open up more soon.

I think many of the special experiences are closed right now. In the past, we have enjoyed...

Afternoon tea at GF (you can dress fancy or come straight from a park)
Archery at FW
Trail ride at FW
You could “eat around the world” in WS EP
Ride the monorail and hop off to eat a snack at CR and GF

My Mum and I did the trail ride at FW and loved it! Lovely horses and really friendly cast members who had a whole bunch of fun facts about each of the horses and the trail itself. Can still remember our horses names - Mum's was Bugsy and mine was Minnie Moose. Tri-Circle-D Ranch got renovated recently, so it's a nice walk as well.

My two girls and I did the afternoon tea and the GF. They were 11 and 14 at the time. They have 4 brothers (3 younger and one in between them) that take up a lot of our attention, so it was a nice thing to do for just us girls.

When we were at Epcot in late January, the pick a pearl thing in the Japan pavilion was not operational. And according to the WDW website, the afternoon tea at the GF is also not operating right now either.

Not sure what kind of budget you are looking at, but tapas dinner at Jaleo could fit her culinary interest. The food is fantastic, the ingredients are high quality, and tapas are a great way to try a variety of foods and taste profiles. Also, at least pre- pandemic you could look into parts of the kitchens to see them making the paella.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. Many on these boards recommended it, so I booked it for my wife and daughter. Both enjoy baking and decorating. They loved it.

I watched a family pick a pearl at Disney Springs last week, so I just wanted to let you know that may be an option. Also, the animation activity at Rafiki's is currently operating.

Thank you all so much, plenty of ideas she would love. I will keep an eye on things to see if more opens up by July!

If open, the night time Safari ( night vision goggles)at kidani was great!
the horse back riding at the fort was also great. Have a wonderful visit whatever you get to do!

We've done some fun Mom/Daughter things over the years. We've done the pearl, horseback riding, carriage ride at Fort Wildneress (Which I think is open from what I can see), afternoon tea, we did a "4 parks/1 day" day where we ate all our favourite snacks. If she likes animals, you can book a lunch or dinner at Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani) and watch the animals while you eat delicious bread service then stroll the beautiful grounds (before or after you eat). Even just time spent shopping and buying her something special like a special pair of Minnie Ears or a Disney purse or t-shirt could be memorable and follow it up with a delicious snack like ice cream from Ghiradelli's or a crepe. If she likes bowling you can go to Splittsville (and they have AMAZING food). If she likes golf, you can do a round of golf or mini-golf or kick-golf. How about lunch or dinner at Be Our Guest? It has that menu that is sort of Artist inispired? You could also just do some research and go around finding all the magic shots and taking those. It's very fun to look back at them all!
pic.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter