Molli Finished !!!!!

LOVE that medal !!! And the motto is so true !

Congrats, again ! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

MaryLiz

tara -- i'm anxious to see my pics too - course I was anxious to see the WDW 1/2 pics and after seeing them went bleh! that's what I look like after 3 hours?? :) but - near the end there was a photographer and i saw him and smiled, I said to him "Make it a good one!" he replied that it was........we'll see. and as for crossing the line, I tried to be in a spot without others in my space, not quite as hard this time

debbie -- yes there were most definately all-walkers; myself included. the little bursts of running we did in no means made this a walk/run event for me. I did look at results and noticed there were still folks coming in at the 4 hour mark and then i'm assuming the mat was turned off. my hats off to them for finishing

DznyDreams -
You had me in tears as you crossed that finish line. How AWESOME that must have felt!!

Oh - how I relate to the quote. My DH and I were on our way "out-the-door" to a family birthday party that Evansmom (Nikki) and Carol (Nikki's mom, my SIL and Molli's DA) were going to be at too. I wanted to check "one-more time" to see if Molli had posted yet. YES - it was there - a full report - I printed it and dashed into the car - grabbing my reading glasses, too :rotfl: I started reading to myself and DH says "read it outloud" - well, I did just fine (of course feeling her pain and reading that into the report the best a mother could) and then came the finish line part.....
After crossing the first mat and approaching the finish there was an announcer calling out like "and finishing now is Molli Marshall from Marysville, Ohio........" that was kinda cool.
Well, my mental picture took over and let's just say "yes- I was streaming the tears"! Now, DH - was trying to be kind (that means not lol but just his usual eye type rolling) but - shoot- I had to find a kleenex and everything before I could even read it to him :teeth: But, I AM SO PROUD OF HER and it just seemed so fitting and SPECIAL that someone would recognize what she had just been through!!

You see, the stomach virus was a "family-affair" and I knew how downright- gosh awful I felt for 2 days and then Sat. as I was at least thinking I "just might make it", I am reading that my sweet "GO GET-EM DD" braved not only feeling like "crap" - but as our dear friend John Bingham put it .."It's the toughest day I've ever seen; the wind never let up" (quoted from Columbus newspaper). Now, if it was the toughest weather day for The Penquin - we all know it was TOUGH - and YEAH OUR VERY OWN WISHER DID IT !!!!!

I just saw a photo of the medal - can't wait to see it for real :love:

I was proud to be a part of the WISH TEAM CHEERLEADERS that helped to get her to the finish line! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Love you M and all those who have been supporting you - before and after - the race - WISH really is a great place to feel the support from EVERYONE :grouphug:

Wow, Molli, I just read your race report! I never checked your weather so I didn't realize how bad it was! I think that makes what you did even more of an acomplishment! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
I loved the medal pics and especially the motto saying
"The miracle isn't that I finished............The miracle is that I had the courage to start"
I'm working on finding the courage to register for the Disney half. I'm doing a 5K next month & will make my decision after I see how I do with that.

Way cool medal Molli!! I am "almost" excited about doing the Chicago Distance Classic and hoping for a similar medal as it is a Bingham race too!! But man, I am thinking now August 7th is sure to be the hottest most humid day of the year...not a breeze in sight....and however more worse it can get for an August day.....but if you can get that medal in the crap you did...I can certainly put me best foot forward and deal with what I am dealt with in August!!!

I am so proud of you!! What a great story! Thanks for your inspiration!!!!!

Can't wait to see that race pic now!!!! I am sure it is a good one too!!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Way to go, Molli!!!!!

Your medal is SO COOL and the saying on it is so true!

Thanks for the report. I sure wish Fate had dealt you better cards - feeling healthy and nice weather - but you did a FABULOUS job of making the best of horrible conditions and YOU DID IT!!!!!

Big :hug: - I'm so proud of you!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, MOLLI!!! You ROCK! :cool1: To have done that at all is awesome, but to deal with weather issues too makes you a true hero! Thank you for inspiring me! Now you know you can accomplish ANYTHING you set your mind to.

Thanks for the wonderful report and picture of the medal. I am so proud of you and thought about you on Saturday. I just can't imagine going through that with the kind of weather you had. There was a local 5K here on Saturday and it was raining and windy and I didn't give it a try. Now I feel like a wimp. I have got to look into the next one:)

You should be very proud of yourself and all I can say is WAY TO GO!!!!

Molli- I love the Medal!! Just think, every time you look at it you will know you gave it your all and finished even in the worst of weather.

Congrats again!

Molli! Congratulations!
You more than did it! I woke here on the North Coast to no electricity and said a prayer that your weather was not as bad as ours here. I am so totally PROUD to hear you did it! I love the jewelry you got. Have to consider getting me one of them. I can't wait to see your pics. Hope they turn out good.

www.runphotos.com

drop down menu for events and choose Capital City Half Marathon

click on ‘search photos’ next page will have the Lost and Found option

page 49 of 65 -- fourth row down – first photo in the row is ME :cool1: notice my shoe is untied – I walked the last mile with it untied – it was too short and my hands were toooo numb to care

Molli!! I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering when your run was gonna be. I haven't had any time to be online lately, so I'm really out of the loop.... but I want to say CONGRATS to you for finishing in such a great time. You are
DA WOMAN!!! So , since you've started a tradition of doing a half every 3 months, what race did you sing up for in July?!?!?! :)

Molli! All I can say is Brrrr! I get frozen cold looking at that pic. It came out good by the way.

Tee Hee! I like what Karen said. There is that Bingham race in Chicago you know you could join in on that one. I am sure it will be the total opposite extreme as it is the first weekend in August.

Great picture, Molli! The smile on your face lights up the day, in spite of the rain and cold! You did great! :bounce: :bounce:

Dear Molli, you look cold but determined!! I LOVE the smile on your face, despite all you'd been through that day.

You look MAH-VEL-OUS!!! Way to go!

What a great picture Molli- You have such a great smile on your face. I am still in amazement that you did that in such cold. Way to go! You are definately going to be my inspiration this weekend!

You Go Girl!

Moli, you amaze me! Congratulations on your EXTREME determination. I love the picture too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter