Mole Poblano at San Angel Inn

ktlm

DIS Veteran
Can anyone who has been recently confirm whether they still have the Mole Poblano on the dinner menu at the San Angel Inn? When we were there last December it was not on the menu (and we hopped parks specifically to eat there solely for that dish). We were told that it was just taken off for December because they were so busy due to the Candlelight Processional, but that it should be back sometime in January. I thought that was strange as it definitely was on the menu the previous December- plus, every time we have been there for dinner they have been turning people away because they are booked solid so how could that be different than any other time? Frankly, DH and I are usually big defenders of the San Angel as it gets some bad reviews (we eat there every trip), but although the tortilla soup was still as good as we remembered- without the Mole, we both agreed that both the entrees we got weren't worth a return trip. The Mole is still showing up on the menus posted on websites, but the most recent one I see was posted in January and most were posted last fall. I'd love to hear from someone who has actually been in the restaurant. If anyone has any insight on whether the menu is going to be "reduced" for the holiday season again this year, that would be great too. The menu is limited enough without them dropping entrees off it.

I had the Mole Poblano on Saturday night. It was very tasty. I have eaten at San Angel before, but never the Mole. The sauce was a nice texture and flavor but not as spicy as I expected. The chicken was super moist and very good. The rice was pretty standard.

This all being said, I did have a Tequila flight at La Cava before Dinner and a great Margarita with dinner. :) Overall, we thought it was a nice dinner with no complaints with food or service or price.

Have fun and enjoy!

Thanks! I'm very glad to know it really did come back! Now I just hope they don't drop it from the menu in December again this year!

I did the Tequila flight at the Cava before my own mole poblano dinner a month or so back. It's a great combination! Definitely not as spicy as a mole can be, but it's a good rich sauce for sure, and one of my favorite dishes in all of Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter