Modifying reservation due to COVID-19

scrapbookinmickeyfan

Earning My Ears
We have reservations for April 30 - May 5 and want to change the dates to October. Can we just go in and modify the dates and be able to use those same points or do we have to call and cancel this reservation and get the points back before making the new reservation? I hope that my question makes sense. Thanks for any advice.

You can modify online. If your October trip is in in a different UY than the current trip, you may have to do different things to use the same points.

So, it is really dependent on that. If you have any OTU points or transferred points in the reservation then you have to call.

We have reservations for April 30 - May 5 and want to change the dates to October. Can we just go in and modify the dates and be able to use those same points or do we have to call and cancel this reservation and get the points back before making the new reservation? I hope that my question makes sense. Thanks for any advice.

The process hasn't changed for that. The question gets a bit more complicated if the Oct trip is in a different UY and you borrowed points for the Apr/May trip. Same UY then just go ahead and modify or you can go ahead and completely cancel and then book the new reservation. That's at your discretion. The only reason to need to call in would be if you have the borrowed points/different UY issue.

I had been trying to cancel my April VGC reservation (I know!!!) online and kept getting issues with the website. So I called MS yesterday, thinking I'd be on hold for an hour, thinking I would have to beg to have my points not put into holding, etc. Spoke to a live person right away, who also reallocated my 12 banked points to my June reservation (which is not likely to go forward unless we see some serious curve-flattening, but one trip at a time ... ). So if you have any trouble with the website at all, I'd suggest you give MS a call. Good luck!

I had been trying to cancel my April VGC reservation (I know!!!) online and kept getting issues with the website. So I called MS yesterday, thinking I'd be on hold for an hour, thinking I would have to beg to have my points not put into holding, etc. Spoke to a live person right away, who also reallocated my 12 banked points to my June reservation (which is not likely to go forward unless we see some serious curve-flattening, but one trip at a time ... ). So if you have any trouble with the website at all, I'd suggest you give MS a call. Good luck!

That would be the disappearing email from VGC reservations that you need to modify and reenter and THEN you can cancel. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter