• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Modifying a reservation

TeamBlack

Mouseketeer
My parents have a trip planned for late September. A 10 day package with FD. My dad is having some knee problems and might have to get some surgery. If surgery happens, they want to cut the 10 day trip to a 5 day. When is the latest they can modify they're reservation?
The only thing i knew for sure was the check-in date had to remain within FD period.

My parents have a trip planned for late September. A 10 day package with FD. My dad is having some knee problems and might have to get some surgery. If surgery happens, they want to cut the 10 day trip to a 5 day. When is the latest they can modify they're reservation?
The only thing i knew for sure was the check-in date had to remain within FD period.

Disney no longer allows reservation modification like they once did.
What they will have to do is call and try to book a new 5 day reservation and see if (not likely) the rooms are available with FD.
They will not be able to simply drop 5 nights of their current reservation. The new 5 nights will have to be available, not counting the nights they are dropping. If available, they will book a new 5 night reservation and then cancel the 10 night reservation.
There are no guarantees this will work. It is better to do it sooner rather than later.
Good Luck

Technically, you can change a reservation any time up until check-in (if you do it within 30 days prior to check-in, you may be charged a $50 fee). The catch is, you can't simply take days off of a reservation. Those 5 days have to be in the FD inventory when you call to make the change. If you try to make this change after the promotion ends (July 7), it becomes even more difficult. There is a big chance the promotion will be unavailable for the new dates. They just need to be prepared, if those dates are not in FD inventory, to either forego FD for the new dates or switch resorts/room categories if there is any availability at all.

My dad and I called reservations and they modified reservation from 10 nights to 5 nights. Easy as 1,2,3. Same reservation number and kept the FD. After reading the replys, i was kind of scared for them. But it all worked out perfect.

My dad and I called reservations and they modified reservation from 10 nights to 5 nights. Easy as 1,2,3. Same reservation number and kept the FD. After reading the replys, i was kind of scared for them. But it all worked out perfect.
Awesome!

Good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter