• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Modification of a previous post: Top 7 Restaurants with KIDS to consider...

My2QTs

DIS Veteran
Still want great food and don't want to be smothered to death by character meals all the time, but what seven places would be great food and good fun for vacationers with kids under ten?

while we did some character meals for our kids, dh and i are also on vacation and we wanted to dine at places that were nicer, yet okay for kids...

we liked:
LeCellier
Boma
Kona (dinner)
spoodles

Here are some of my kids' favorite non-character meal restaurants. They are 8 and 9.

LeCellier
Mama Melrose
50s Prime Time Cafe
Cosmic Rays (counter service I know)
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)

We go to Disney twice a year and always put these restaurants on our list.

My kid's are 7 and 9 now. in the past they enjoyed Boma's (they love the mac n cheese and desserts)
Ohana's - atmosphere, my DS7 gets a hot dog from Kona's, my DD9 loves the menu!!
Sci-Fi - they like the atmosphere
Coral Reef - they like the tank

My kids don't actually enjoy the character meals anymore, except for Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace.

Besides character meals, Boma, 'Ohana (dinner), Cape May (dinner), and Whispering Canyon are great with kids. DD7 loves all those places.

I don't think I have 7, but my 4 year old enjoys:

Whispering Canyon Cafe
50s Prime Time

and we enjoy the food at both places too.

Besides the character meals- my 6 and 2 year old and our family enjoy:
Kona
Tokyo Dining
Tusker House
Cape May Buffet
California Grill (more of a challenge with our 2 yr old - fine with our 6 yr old)
Coral Reef

50's Prime Time & Sci-Fi Dine In are definitely two good restaurants with decent food & a fun atmosphere for both kids & adults! :thumbsup2

We enjoyed Whispering Canyon (a lot), 50's Primetime and Coral Reef. This year we are trying Sci Fi and Ohana dinner. And my dd's picked these choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter