• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moderators- You need to step up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll come right out and say here what I said on another board: "Is saying the mods are doing a great job a 'get out of jail free' card?????" I have never seen such kissing up in my life.

I'm not kissing up to anybody. The mods have a thankless job around here and I appreciate they take the time to do it.

The OP didn't start this thread in response to anything going on here in the Community board. They posted elsewhere and it got moved here. They were upset because they didn't like the responses on a thread on the resort board and restaurant board and didn't think people were nice to them.

The OP started another thread telling the moderators they needed to ban someone the OP didn't like.

That's the kind of stuff the moderators volunteer to deal with on a daily basis. It's more than I would want to do.

I'm not kissing up to anybody. The mods have a thankless job around here and I appreciate they take the time to do it.

The OP didn't start this thread in response to anything going on here in the Community board. They posted elsewhere and it got moved here. They were upset because they didn't like the responses on a thread on the resort board and restaurant board and didn't think people were nice to them.

The OP started another thread telling the moderators they needed to ban someone the OP didn't like.

That's the kind of stuff the moderators volunteer to deal with on a daily basis. It's more than I would want to do.
Deep breathes!!! Imsory meant no harm! Deep breathes here people.

We wouldn't want to do it, but they asked for the job. No one forces anyone to become a mod. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Angel - I don't mean to hijack, here, but your siggie makes me sad!

I don't know if you remember me or not from the riddle thread ans "Chachigate", but I know you from there. Good to see that you are still around!:thumbsup2

Ok, I need to take deep breathes, sorry! ;)

No, don't worry about it. I wasn't trying to be combative with the other poster and argue with them. I was just trying to pick up on their point and say that wasn't where I was coming from. No harm done. I know it's been really stressful around here.

Thats well and fine in my opinion. As for enough information, true, its hard to piece it all togehter!
I would like to point out to other views I keep seeing, its just a message board. Boy have we heard that one over and over. Get a life, yep! Etc, etc, etc.
Love or hate the real fact that people do bond with another, it happens. Some just click with others in sense of humor, politics, family, ideals, religion, favorite resort, restaraunts, the list can go on and on.
You can be FURIOUS with a poster one day and on another find you agree with a point they have made in another thread. Sorta sounds like getting to know a peer, new family member or friend to me.
Have friendships developed through this message board? Oh yes!
Are they real? Well I can only speak for myself. Am I a recluse that has no friends? No, I simply happened upon here planning a trip a few years ago, found the CB and some great people. Now please understand that I don't watch TV and have made the joke many times that this is my mindless entertainment.
Mindless? Could I have possibly been more wrong? Nope!
I have learned ACCEPTANCE here. I have been able to bring my DD to situations that would not have been afforded to her without this wonderful COMMUNITY. Not knowing if its ok with this poster I can tell you that we took a bus out to paint a homeless shelter in NYC. She still reflects on that day, and has a humble trait that this fostered!
I will never forget the time I found out horrible news about my SDD, and had to get in touch with DH to tell him. I sat crying, sick to my stomach and unable to reach him. It was a group from here that sat with me, on line, for hours to just keep talking, say anything, just don't leave me alone.
Most recently, I found out I have an anneurism in my brain. Wanna talk about having the carpet ripped out from under you!?
If it wasn't for them, if it wasn't for the kind people I met here, & forged a friendship with, I hate to think how alone I would have felt.
Yes I have my family and friends IRL, but you know what? When everyone around you is looking at you with sad worriesome looks, you tend to not want to vent to them.
Point is we will never all agree and thats fine with me! But can't we agree that these friendships are real?!
I know I have made real life friends here, that are now gone! No explanation, no reason, just gone! How is that to make any of us feel?!

Bravo and thank you. :thumbsup2

:hug: :hug:

Thats well and fine in my opinion. As for enough information, true, its hard to piece it all togehter!
I would like to point out to other views I keep seeing, its just a message board. Boy have we heard that one over and over. Get a life, yep! Etc, etc, etc.
Love or hate the real fact that people do bond with another, it happens. Some just click with others in sense of humor, politics, family, ideals, religion, favorite resort, restaraunts, the list can go on and on.
You can be FURIOUS with a poster one day and on another find you agree with a point they have made in another thread. Sorta sounds like getting to know a peer, new family member or friend to me.
Are they real? Well I can only speak for myself. Am I a recluse that has no friends? No, I simply happened upon here planning a trip a few years ago, found the CB and some great people. Now please understand that I don't watch TV and have made the joke many times that this is my mindless entertainment.
I have learned ACCEPTANCE here. I have been able to bring my DD to situations that would not have been afforded to her without this wonderful COMMUNITY. Not knowing if its ok with this poster I can tell you that we took a bus out to paint a homeless shelter in NYC. She still reflects on that day, and has a humble trait that this fostered!
I will never forget the time I found out horrible news about my SDD, and had to get in touch with DH to tell him. I sat crying, sick to my stomach and unable to reach him. It was a group from here that sat with me, on line, for hours to just keep talking, say anything, just don't leave me alone.
Most recently, I found out I have an anneurism in my brain. Wanna talk about having the carpet ripped out from under you!?
If it wasn't for them, if it wasn't for the kind people I met here, & forged a friendship with, I hate to think how alone I would have felt.
Yes I have my family and friends IRL, but you know what? When everyone around you is looking at you with sad worriesome looks, you tend to not want to vent to them.
Point is we will never all agree and thats fine with me! But can't we agree that these friendships are real?!
I know I have made real life friends here, that are now gone! No explanation, no reason, just gone! How is that to make any of us feel?!

ITA! :thumbsup2 and hugs to you :hug: on your health issues.

I think the OP has not been here very long and needs to spend some more time gaining perspective into how this board operates. You are going to see all kinds of opinions here - serious, caring, humorous, snarky - the gamut. As long as the discussion remains civil I see no need to moderate this board any more heavily than it already is. You have to allow for differences of opinion and sometimes it can be strongly stated.

However, having said that, the past week has been very rough and I feel the Mods, in many cases, have been excessive in making posts and threads poof away into cyberspace. I have not posted on the CB a lot, but I still feel that I made a lot of friends here (whether they knew it or not). Initially, I took the stance that there were two extremes - the posters who intentionally pushed the wrong buttons on one side and the Mods who were trying to maintain an even keel on the other, and the truth laid somewhere in the middle. Unfortunatley, in the past week I have seen posts and entire threads go poof simply because they civilly and respectably asked a question (and I'm wondering if I'll be next simply for bringing it up, but hey, its on topic). I and many others are still waiting for an explanation, which I will allow may not be forthcoming for a few more days since the sudden and unexpected passing of Bob Varney (Podcast team member).

OP, according to the DIS Message Board home page there are 172,955 registered members (minus about 100 since last week). Differences in opinion and writing style have to be accomodated. If you cannot accept that and develop a thicker skin, you would probably be better off on a different message board.

Angel - I don't mean to hijack, here, but your siggie makes me sad!

I don't know if you remember me or not from the riddle thread ans "Chachigate", but I know you from there. Good to see that you are still around!:thumbsup2

I remember you!!!!!! How the heck are you?!:hug:

I gotta say, she doesn't always speak up, but when she does, our Angel lays down golden words........ :hug:

Imsorry :thumbsup2 :hug:

I'm about as good as a mother of a 13 year old boy can be that has ADHD. How have YOU been?

And WTH is Chachi? :lmao:

I'm about as good as a mother of a 13 year old boy can be that has ADHD. How have YOU been?

And WTH is Chachi? :lmao:

Are you me?

No you can't be, I know who Chachi is...............

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Beautiful!:flower3:

Oh, Angel, I love you:hug:

Huh?? Not sure where you are going with this one.

I replied to their statement and made my statement.

I amn glad you and I pmd, we are on the same page :hug: and thanks to all the affirmations, but its just my feelings. Nothing more, nothing less.
And..... Stop hassling the Chachi! :snooty: ;)

Are you me?

No you can't be, I know who Chachi is...............

Nope. I'm pretty sure I am me and no one else wants the job. Why? Do you have a 13 YO with ADHD?

If you do, Lord help us both.

I wasn't trying to personally attack anyone, but, given the atmosphere lately I felt that people who don't agree with the mods are afraid to voice their opinions and many are just trying to play it safe.

I wasn't trying to personally attack anyone, but, given the atmosphere lately I felt that people who don't agree with the mods are afraid to voice their opinions and many are just trying to play it safe.

MTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter