Moderators Please Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
dcgrumpy said:
Wait a minute she's having triplets and is practically destitute but she "didn't care" for the outfits. Sorry, but if that's true she doesn't crap from anyone :rolleyes:

So if people start sending other things "she doesn't care for" are you going to sell that on ebay too?

It really is true. I wouldn't lie about this. She has always been used to getting what she wants but know she can't. When the baby's are born I will post pictures.

Minnesota! said:
I am sorry, but if I was in as desperate a situation as your friend, I wouldn't be picky about clothes. As long as my baby was warm, I don't care what they are wearing..
Very well stated.

Why does the line "beggars can't be choosers" keep running through my mind?
This really does sound very suspicious, even if it is legit.

Tigger113 said:
Yes she really DOES exist. Why would I ruin my rep on the disboards if I didn't? I don't know why 2 outfits is a big deal? I had gotten them in the exchange and she didn't care for them. I am sorry for the miscommunication but I am telling the truth. I love the disboards and would not take it for granted.

Ok, I am a bit picky about the clothes my kids' wore as babies. Didn't want totally beat up and stained things......

But I'd have to think that if she's really this desperate.....2 kids, triplets on the way and a dh that is leaving her, she wouldn't care WHAT the outfits looked like (unless they were ripped up and stained....but if you got them in a DIS exchange I'd HARDLY think they were that.....and if you're selling them on EBAY, I'm almost POSITIVE they aren't)

The fact that this story is going on on two different threads is a red flag to me also....I guess OP is hoping that if she's found out on one thread, the generous ppl on the other thread won't figure it out?? :confused3

Tigger113 said:
It really is true. I wouldn't lie about this. She has always been used to getting what she wants but know she can't. When the baby's are born I will post pictures.

Well, she's always gotten what she wants. But times have changed. She's going to have to change with the situation. Gone are the days of getting everything she wants. After all, she got the husband she wanted and look where that got her. :(

Toby'sFriend said:
ok, well I'll be the one to ask.

Why don't you start by giving her the two Infant Disney outfits you have up for sale on EBAY for $8.99 each?

:eek: :eek:

Wow! Such a coincidence that you are asking for WDW outfits AND selling them on EBAY....hmmmm. If your "friend" is that bad off there are wonderful programs out there such as WIC.

ohiominnie said:
Ok, I am a bit picky about the clothes my kids' wore as babies. Didn't want totally beat up and stained things......

But I'd have to think that if she's really this desperate.....2 kids, triplets on the way and a dh that is leaving her, she wouldn't care WHAT the outfits looked like (unless they were ripped up and stained....

according to the ad they're brand new and never worn

Tigger113 said:

Well, this is not the time to be concerned with what she WANTS but what the babies NEED. One would think she would be grateful for ANY help.

This whole thing isn't adding up.

ohiominnie said:
Well, she's always gotten what she wants. But times have changed. She's going to have to change with the situation. Gone are the days of getting everything she wants. After all, she got the husband she wanted and look where that got her. :(

I am not trying to cheat anyone of anything. If you knew her you would understand. I am very sorry that all of you don't believe me but please believe me. I am telling the truth. I love this disboards and I would not cheat the people. I am sorry if you feel that I am telling a lie but in my heart I know I am not. I am a good person and I don't feel this is fair for all of you to accuse me when I know I am not doing anything wrong.

so, either the eBay seller is misrepresenting her items (which I don't believe) or your friend is being way too picky when she has no call to be or there's something else.

I suspect it's one of the latter two options.

ETA: I see you've erased the original post.

Perhaps tho you wouldn't mind answering why you think it's ok to solicit perfect strangers for help with your friend, knowing full well on a Disney board that these good hearted people would offer up things (and yes, probably Disney things) and then you say your friend would not want the perfectly good new Disney things that you have for sale on eBay.

Forgive us if we do smell a rat

Also, if your "friend" is so bad off.....why would she being seeing *3* lawyers?! Those guys aren't free!!! I remember going through a divorce eons ago and having to do research to find the BEST attorney and then he charged me a fee just to meet with him.

She must have plenty money to blow if she is seeing 3!

Tigger113 said:
I am not trying to cheat anyone of anything. If you knew her you would understand. I am very sorry that all of you don't believe me but please believe me. I am telling the truth. I love this disboards and I would not cheat the people. I am sorry if you feel that I am telling a lie but in my heart I know I am not. I am a good person and I don't feel this is fair for all of you to accuse me when I know I am not doing anything wrong.

It's not that I don't believe your story. I think you have a good story. I do wonder why you are participating in a new baby exchange on the DIS but yet you have "no baby items to give her." If you do in fact have a new baby now, congratulations.....and think about the fact that by the time her new babies are born (probably September or so b/c triplets come early) and by the time they are out of the hospital, the stuff you are using NOW may be too small for your little one.

What is now irking me is that this woman is so selfish and greedy that she can't dream of putting her babies in NEW, never been worn outfits just because she doesn't like the look of them.

Maybe what she needs to do is hit rock bottom before she'll change her heart. Because her heart as it is now is going to make it very difficult for her to be a single mother of FIVE children.

Now, maybe you're selling the things on ebay b/c YOU really need the $15 that you'll make off of them (after ebay and paypal fees) and the you really can't afford to just donate them to your friend.....that you're relying on the generosity of others to help her b/c you just are not in a position to help her yourself. If that is the case, then I commend your effort b/c it is true, we need to get our OWN houses in order before we start taking care of other's houses. But...if THAT is the case....don't say "I'm selling them on ebay b/c she didn't like them." Be honest....say "I'm selling them on ebay b/c I really need the $15 to help care for my own baby" or "I'm selling them on ebay b/c they are new with tags and are worth a lot and I'm going to use that money to get SEVERAL used outfits at garage sales for her." B/c we all know, NEW outfits are cute, but after one good spit up, they don't look NEW anymore and for her, used is more practical.

:confused3

tiggersmom2 said:
Also, if your "friend" is so bad off.....why would she being seeing *3* lawyers?! Those guys aren't free!!! I remember going through a divorce eons ago and having to do research to find the BEST attorney and then he charged me a fee just to meet with him.

She must have plenty money to blow if she is seeing 3!

Actually according to the previous post it's 5 lawyers. Unless attorney and a lawyer is a separate profession in GA

and just in case anyone is wondering what was said originally, here tis.....you be the judge:

Baby Stuff--Update
My friend is going through a bad time financially and emotionally and I was wondering if you had any baby stuff particually with a Disney theme or baby coupons that you would like to trade? She found out a few days ago that she is getting a divorve and she is pregnant with triplets (2 girls and a boy). She has 2 older girls (4 and 6). I thought I could try and help them out as much as I could. This is hard on her and me to ask this. It just breaks me up inside everytime I think about it. I want to post about it but I can't. It just breaks my heart.
Thanks & Blessings

I have stuff to trade so if you are looking for something in particular let me know....

Update: Well she got a phone call today from her husband's lawyer stating that he is taking her to court for custody of the two older girls.
To top it off he wants to keep the house and the cars. They had gotten her a new car for when the babies arrived to be on the safe side...he now says he will buy her a "nice" used car.Her and the kids are staying at my house. He kicked them out and said if they didn't leave he was going to bring other women into the house... He has a really good job and is an attorney so he has a good chance. He took all the money out of the bank and he claims he didn't take it but she obviously didn't......
This makes me SO mad!

Tigger113 said:
Please delete due to personal attacks that are not true.

It is not a "personal attack" when people ask questions about what you have posted about your friend, and the answers you have given don't add up.

Toby'sFriend said:
ok, well I'll be the one to ask.

Why don't you start by giving her the two Infant Disney outfits you have up for sale on EBAY for $8.99 each?

OMG :scared1: :sad2:

This is just sick and exactly why I am so skeptical about "sob" stories.

I KNOW for a fact that if this friend was real she wouldn't give a d*mn what the stuff looked like as long as she had something to clothe her kids.

So I guess the first two threads she made over the past couple weeks didn't get enough attention so the story had to get worse? popcorn::

What bothers me about this is that there are people who hit hard times and yes, the DIS is a community that will look out for each other and help each other out..

When stuff like this happens, it makes me shy away from any call for help and I know that's not right :(

Crankyshank said:
Actually according to the previous post it's 5 lawyers. Unless attorney and a lawyer is a separate profession in GA

LOL. Someone should have researched their "story" and gotten the bare minimum of facts right before trying to pull a fast one on us. :lmao: :lmao:

Shame on the OP, there are generous and kind hearted people here that did not deserve such deceit. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter