• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moderators?? Free Dining STICKY???

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
Just wondering with so many threads about the Free Dining, can there be a FREE DINING sticky added?? Instead of dining reviews, etc, half the threads are about the Free dining...thanks :thumbsup2

jwfla422 said:
Just wondering with so many threads about the Free Dining, can there be a FREE DINING sticky added?? Instead of dining reviews, etc, half the threads are about the Free dining...thanks :thumbsup2

I think that's a great idea.

Just make sure that it is in the Dining Plan sub-board!

Note to Moderators -- please be aggressive in moving threads to the sub-board. Thanks

I'll talk with the others about a "sticky"--
And I know I move at least a half dozen threads a day back and forth between the DP sub-board and the regular board. I know the others do as well. Once in awhile it's a tough call-the thread deals with both DP and "regular" issues.

Since we already have a dining plan board, and free dining is a dining plan, I don't think we need a sticky on the restaurant board for free dining. The threads just need to be posted on the dining plan board, or moved to the dining plan board when they're posted on the main board.

As far as the mods being aggressive in moving the threads...we're really trying to monitor the board :surfweb: and move the threads when needed, but with so many people posting about free dining, it's hard to keep up :moped: sometimes. Hopefully, when the initial excitement over free dining dies down, plus people begin to realize those threads belong on the dining plan board, we'll have less threads to move.

When we created the dining plan board, we made the decision to only move threads where the primary focus is on the dining plan. So if a poster is asking about a restaurant and also happens to mention free dining, that thread will stay on the main board.

And anything with dining reviews will stay on the main board as well-even tho the poster may have been on the DP while dining at the restaurants.

Kaycee and Uncleromulus, thank you for explaining things. Makes sense to me. Also, thank you for the time you put into moderating the board. I worked for a website that had forums and it was very hard to keep up with all posts, especially when there was a hot topic. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter