• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moderate worth the upgrade?

angelmav

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between going with a value or moderate resort. Plan is for 7 nights, we are a large family requiring 2 rooms, and definitely getting the DDP. Having priced the two, is a moderate worth the extra cost? For our situation we are looking at about an extra grand for the trip. For anyone that has stayed at both is their a $1,000 of value in a moderate over the course of 7-8 days? Having looked at both the rooms seem mighty comparable, the pools are a touch nicer and the view/ambiance nicer too. However, if most of our time is at the parks is that an advantage worth paying for? Also it seems that the sit down restaurants at the Mods are marginal at best so they might not even be worth a try. Help I need opinions from those in the know! :teacher:

The moderate will give you a little more breathing room, particularly if you choose the Caribbean Beach resort. Those rooms are the same size as the standard rooms at the Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge, which are both deluxe resorts.

I think it's worth it.

We've stayed at both, and for a thousand dollars price difference I would definitely go with the value resort. The moderates are nice, a bit larger rooms, nicer landscaping, etc., but not worth a thousand dollars more.

The CBR was our favorite from the online checking, but again the sit down restaurant (shutters) doesnt seem like a place we would want to blow a TS credit, If we were a smaller party only needing one room it would be easier to justify. However I dont want to "cheap out" on the rooms if its really worth the upgrade.

Yes, IMO, moderate is definately worth it! Slightly bigger rooms, shorter bus lines, and nicer CMs.
Honestly, I know my opinion on that differs greatly from others, but on our past trip we stayed at the POP and for the first trip ever we felt like we were treated like lower class guest if that makes any sense at all :guilty:
Just bad luck I'm sure, but still, left a bad taste in our mouths if you know what I mean.

IMHO, the moderates are not worth the extra cost. I didnt notice any extra spce, with the exception of the sinks outside the bathroom, which I just dont need that much. Save your money for stress free spending while there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter