Moderate Resorts--King vs Standard Room

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
Besides the obvious difference between a king bed and two doubles, are there any other differences in the rooms? The AZZ code rooms seem to run $85/night for the standard and $100/night for the king, which seems like a big difference in price.

Do the other classes of resorts charge more for a king room? If I remember correctly, they are space available at Pop, but I don't remember if they charged extra for them (I wanted 2 doubles when I stayed at Pop in Feb).

Thanks, T&B

I've only stayed in a King room so I don't know the differences from a double room. I'll tell you what I liked about it. It seemed way bigger than a regular hotel room. The bed was MUCH more comfortable than a double would have been for DH and me. We are big (poohsized - lol) people and would not have slept comfortably in a double. It had a water view (water view and king rooms were priced the same) and two windows, as it was on the corner of a building.

princess: Shelly

Thanks, Shelly! I just called CRO and got some rates on some rooms. She said that the rooms were the same size, but she also told me that all king rooms at Pop were handicapped access, and I thought that some were and some weren't. Hmmm, I don't know that I want to spend $15 more/night for the king room, but the bigger bed would be nice. It's not often that I go to WDW without children.

T&B

I can't speak for the value resorts, but at the mods and the deluxes the King beds we have had have been totally wonderful and super comfy and HUGE! The room does seem bigger too.

I've stayed in both standards and Kings at Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. Only difference I noted was the difference in beds. King rooms did seem slightly larger since the king took up less space than two separate beds, but I believe rooms are actually the same size.

One tip you might consider if you go with a king room is to request one that does not have a connecting door. Many king rooms have connecting doors to standard rooms for families traveling together. At both CB and POR when assigned a room with a connecting door I felt you could hear right through it to the adjoining room (we were not travelling together). Standard rooms without connecting doors were much quieter.

Thanks for the connecting door hint! I'm so used to traveling with my family and requesting a conncecting door and would probably ahd forgotten to request that we not have it.

It would be nice to have more space in the room instead of having that space taken up by another bed.

It just seems a rip-off for them to charge more $ for the king bed. I can see charging more for a preferred building or a lake view, but from what I was told on the phone last night, a king room doesn't guarantee a better view.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter