Moderate or Suite, that is the question!

karen230

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Right now we have a reservation in AofA in a Cars suite. My kids are a bit excited but they also said they were not going back to Disney unless we stayed in Pop Century so they can be persuaded :rotfl2:.

Anywho, I have been thinking about possibly changing to Coronado Springs or other moderate since they have water slides in the pools and I am thinking my kids would love that! Has anyone stayed in AofA and a moderate who can give me their opinion of both? If I am going to move, I would like to do it sooner rather than later as our trip is in June and needs to be paid off in May. I don't want to pay it off until I make this decision and the planner inside my brain wants to get it paid off so it can relax 8-).

If your kids are partial to AofA or Pop, I don't think they would be particularly happy at Coronado Springs. It's a nice place, but as WDW moderates go, it's more of a convention hotel and less of a fun Disney environment. Port Orleans has a good Disney feel, and we also liked Caribbean Beach. If the price is comparable, I think I'd stick with the suite to have the extra room and keep the kids happy. And if they really miss Pop, they can walk across the bridge from AofA to visit. They probably won't spend enough time at the pool for that feature to be your deciding factor.

We stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon, and we stayed at AoA in a Nemo suite last year. I loved both, my DH very much prefers the mod category. The kids loved AoA, but they've never stayed moderate.

The biggest difference to us was the noise and crowd level. I know that POFQ is the most compact of the mods, but we really always felt like we were at our own little resort, which was perfect for our honeymoon. AoA felt very loud and chaotic, and there were people everywhere all the time. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it---I was at Disney, I would have been happy just about anywhere. My girls, 3 and 5 at the time, loved it, and we had both grandmothers with us who loved it as well, though they have never stayed on Disney property before so that was their only experience. DH said he doesn't want to stay at a value again, so we are trying CBR this time around, staying in June. (if we ever go deluxe I have a feeling he will say he doesn't want to do moderate again, either, though, lol).

Whatever you choose, I hope you have a great vacation!

How old are your kids? I think that would factor into my decision.

For me hands down the extra space, separate bedroom, and. 2 bathrooms would win over a water slide each and every time.

We have stayed in values and moderates. I personally have to say we love the AOA. We were booked for the cabins and switched so we could stay there again. It is very room. I don't feel like we are stepping over one another while we are in the suite. I like moderates for short weekend trips, but love the AOA for our longer stays.

I've said it before- what our kids were little, my wife liked POFQ more than the Poly (and she had no ideas what either cost- this was a straight up comparison of what was easiest for her)

kids loved the sea serpent water slide...

You can pob book this for a good bit less than Aoa Suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter