Moderate Lovers, Value Haters???

mjmstd1

Mouseketeer
My husband and I did our Disneymoon at CSR and loved it! We are now planning our DD5s first trip for November and were planning on going moderate again. However, another couple is going with us and it will be their DD6s first trip too and we planned on staying at the same resort so both DDs won't be upset that they are not at the same resort. This family stayed at ASMo about 10 years ago (their last trip) and apparently just got an offer for value rooms at a price they can't pass up.

My problem is that I have a feeling that as moderate lovers, my husband and I will be disappointed in a stay at a value resort. Anyone have any suggestions??? Split stay? Separate and stay at different resorts? Go with the other family to a value resort? Use the power of persuasion and make the other family get on board the Moderate Resort train?
Thanks for any and all thoughts and advice!

I would not stay somewhere I didn't want to stay and for me that is a value resort.

If you want to stay mod you will not be happy at a value and if a mod costs more than they want to spend then they won't be happy staying at one.

Stay where you are comfortable and enjoy your vacation and allow them to stay where they are comfortable. You can meet up with them every day and can plan your FP's and meals together so your DDs can be together most of the day.

Have gone many times with other families and our best trips have been when staying at different resorts. The trips where we stayed together day and night were much more stressful.

If value is their thing and moderates yours, then I would do that. We always set up a time to meet at the park (usually late morning unless a breakfast ADR) that way no one is under pressure to get moving or anyone standing around waiting. It allows each family to do some "family time" before meeting. Book ADRs together. We found by getting together by lunch, spending the rest of the day together and in the evenings each family can determine if they are done for the day or want to keep going. As long as you book special meals and things together (like if they were doing BBB together) you can have a wonderful trip full of memories yet each family have their own time and their own style of resort.

PS Your DD would LOVE the POR Royal Rooms!!

Personally I love the value resorts, but honestly, if you think you would prefer a moderate, then you should stay at a moderate. I agree with the pp's. Make a plan to meet up with your friend's somewhere, and enjoy your vacation. :goodvibes

I have stayed at them all. I love the values It just feels like Disney to me. To me the deluxe don't compare to other deluxe hotels we stay at. Plus we are not in the rooms much. I really like the all star music, always nice n quite and just feels like Disney,but that said each to their own. Try value you might just like it.

I have stayed at Pop and at CSR and I agree that CRS is a more beautiful and adult themed resort, however I also think your DD would prefer the value as it is more themed for children. IMHO, you should save CSR for a romantic getaway for you and DH, and have this trip to blow DD's mind and stay at the value. See if your friend can get you the same discount and use the difference in $$ to splurge on other aspects of the park. :goodvibes

I agree that your DD would love the values. Remember that pool hopping is not allowed so the girls would have separate if they wanted to swim.

I personally feel that you should not try to convince someone to spend more than they are comfortable spending.

If you want go ahead and book moderate and meet up with them for breakfast or at the parks. This way both families can have alone time. With cell phones it is not difficult to meet up.

I haven't been to Disney yet (were currently planning our first trip) but of you think you'll be disappointed in the Value room, then you probably will. Going with your gut is usually the best thing to do in these situations.

I wouldn't stay at a Value resort just to be at the same resort as another family. I'd stay where I wanted to stay, as it's super-easy to make arrangements to meet up somewhere!

My two cents for what it's worth. I would stay together since it's a first trip for both of y'alls kiddos. How great would that be for them?! They will have a great time no matter what you choose, but I'm sure they'd love knowing they're right down the hall from each other.

We're going with my sister, her boyfriend and her twin DSs. They have never been before. We planned on a Moderate, but they can only afford Value. I would never ask her to stay at the Mod because I know she is on a tight budget. We are willing to stay at a Value so all our kids can be together. They always have a great time together and they'd love to start and end the day together. I don't feel it's a tremendous sacrifice. As long as they're all having a great time, we'll have a great time, too.

Good luck!!

Is it possible for them to get you the same great rate? I wouldn't want to downgrade my own resort and then know that they were paying 25% less than I was for the same room. (or whatever it is)

I'm not a huge fan of the AllStars. I've stayed there, at Music, several times. First time was fine, second time not so much. I think I got spoiled by the other values (Pop and AoA). If it were me, I would stay at a moderate and let the other family stay at the AllStars if they wish. The girls probably wouldn't be seeing a ton of each other at night anyway, even if at the same resort.
You could most likely join each other at the two resorts and have the girls swim together. Yes, I realize the pool hopping isn't allowed. But, it's truly not a huge issue at the value and moderate resorts. It's primarily an issue at the deluxes that have over the top theming and are close to parks....seem to attract lots of non-resort guests. This just isn't the case with values and moderates.
Stay where you want to stay, let your friends stay where they want to stay. In all actuality, it's not a bad thing to have some distance and separation at the end of the day.

I would not stay somewhere I didn't want to stay and for me that is a value resort.

If you want to stay mod you will not be happy at a value and if a mod costs more than they want to spend then they won't be happy staying at one.

Stay where you are comfortable and enjoy your vacation and allow them to stay where they are comfortable. You can meet up with them every day and can plan your FP's and meals together so your DDs can be together most of the day.

This is exactly what we did with my best friend and her family a couple of years ago - worked out great. We met up at the gate of whatever park we were going to that day - was awesome.

And as one other poster mentioned, it also was less stressful than the times we had other parties staying at the same resort. Hope you have a great trip!

I have stayed at them all. I love the values It just feels like Disney to me. To me the deluxe don't compare to other deluxe hotels we stay at. Plus we are not in the rooms much. I really like the all star music, always nice n quite and just feels like Disney,but that said each to their own. Try value you might just like it.
I've only stayed at one Value Resort and it was All Star Music. We loved it! I'd stay at a value again in a heartbeat. It was a VERY Disney experience. But we have inched our way up to Deluxe Resorts and now the rest of the family only wants Deluxe.

Spoiled, I guess.;)

I've stayed in all 3 resort levels and Value is the only one I'd struggle greatly to return to, even for a free trip. I felt like I had to go outside to change my mind. I know by the numbers the room sizes are not significantly different but the layout and feel in general had a huge difference. I was miserable in a Value and would never switch just to stay with another couple, under any circumstances.

Honestly I have stayed at Value and Moderate. I will never go back to a Value, I hated it there. We have tried a couple values and unfortunately were uncomfortable both times, this is with just me and DH and also with me DH and DD (2). Its not like we had a lot of people in one room, or anything.

I would not stay somewhere I didnt want to, so I could be close to another family. My friends stayed in a different hotel this last time, and we just met up at the parks, no biggie. Plus you can have some quiet family time to yourselfs after a day in the parks.

I would stay at a moderate if that's what I liked. And try to help them find a deal so they can stay moderate too.

But if not, I'm sure you'll be able to meet up often enough for the DD's to have fun together.

No way would I spend my hard earned money on staying someplace I don't like.

Personally I love the value resorts, but honestly, if you think you would prefer a moderate, then you should stay at a moderate. I agree with the pp's. Make a plan to meet up with your friend's somewhere, and enjoy your vacation. :goodvibes

DITTO! :thumbsup2

I visit WDW 3-4x/year and almost always stay in the values. They fit my needs nicely and I'd rather spend the savings on food or save up for another trip.

ASMusic is my favorite value, but I like 'em all!

There really isn't a need to be with the other family all hours of the day. Stay at a moderate and enjoy your vacation!

We tried a value once, and it wasn't our speed. We know that now and plan accordingly :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter