• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moderate Hotels

PennyLane1084

My Pronouns are: They/Them/Theirs
My family is taking a trip to Disney next year in May. There are 7 of us in all (all adults, no kids), we'll be doing two rooms (hopefully adjoining rooms). We're going to celebrate my Grandmother 85th Birthday. She a very spry 85 lady and gets up and around very well (heck, she still drives, works, and goes polka dancing every Sunday).

We like the Moderate Resorts the best and I stayed at Coronado Springs during our Honeymoon last year. Which Moderate Resort do you think would be best for a group coming with 6 adults and one senior?

My brother is set on Coronado Springs. I like Port Orleans French Quarter because it seems like everything is in close proximity to the rooms from the resort map, the boats to DDT and Beignets for breakfast (nom nom :goodvibes).

For me and my crew....we do not like Caribbean Beach, we toured Coronado Springs and we thought it was nice but really spread out. Not to our liking so much. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and it was just okay. Kids do not want to stay there again. My youngest was talking the other day and described it as a place that you may want to honeymoon as it is romantic but not really as good as POFQ...our favorite as you can see from my signature. We keep going back and call it home. I vote POFQ. Small size with good bus service and a food court with good choices that is not too large. It has a laid back feel to it. Boat to DTD is a plus. I think you all will enjoy it.

We've stayed at all 4 and our preference is French Quarter by far for adults. Small, beautiful, boats to DTD, and good food!

I would say Riverside or French Quarter.. POFQ maybe a little more because it is much smaller in size. Both have the boat to DTD. They also have queen beds and the grounds are just beautiful.

Great minds think alike. You've all have just confirmed what I suspected about POFQ!:thumbsup2

CSR is a good choice. It's more adult oriented than the others due to the fact that it's a convention resort, so they host business people on a daily basis. If you do book CSR, I'd recommend booking a preferred room to be guaranteed close proximity to the food court and also bus stop 2, which happens to be the first bus stop picked up and first bus stop dropped off. This also helps to ensure grandma gets a seat on the bus, at least every time you're heading out.

POFQ isn't a bad choice either. No preferred rooms here because they are all in close proximity to the main building and pool. We actually didn't care for how small it was because it felt crowded to us, and the food court and bus stop always seemed crowded. Also keep in mind that POFQ has been excluded from the last several promotion offers (like free dining) that have been offered. Since it's so small, they have no problem filling it, so they haven't been offering discounts here.

We really like POR and CBR as well, so you can't go wrong with any of them. CBR is undergoing a refurb that will give them queen beds, so they'll have the newest rooms. The refurb should be finishing up, if not completed, by the time you go. I would also book a preferred room at either of these.

Lastly, one other tip. With anymore than 2 adults in each room, you will pay an additional adult charge per night for each adult that's extra. I believe it's $15 per person per night for any extra adult - so that's an extra $30 a night for four adults in a room. I'm not sure how much more it would be to add a third room, but the cost difference may be negligible and it would certainly be more comfortable.

Lastly, one other tip. With anymore than 2 adults in each room, you will pay an additional adult charge per night for each adult that's extra. I believe it's $15 per person per night for any extra adult - so that's an extra $30 a night for four adults in a room. I'm not sure how much more it would be to add a third room, but the cost difference may be negligible and it would certainly be more comfortable.

I did not know this about having more than 2 adults in a room, thanks for the tip (This is why I love this board so much!!!). The current plan is to have my brother and his girl friend stay with my husband and I in one room and split the room cost.

I think the typical rate right now for POFQ is $186, so the difference is $156...not my definition of negligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter