Mod that requires less walking?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by julie4423, Jan 12, 2013.

1. eagillinois

eagillinois Mouseketeer

We also loved POFQ, in addition to the shorter walking distance, it just seemed quieter and more peaceful that any other resort we have stayed at including deluxe. For our May trip, we couldn't get the discount code for POFQ and are trying POR, I hope we like it as well!
    Have fun!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. SirGalahad

SirGalahad Earning My Ears

In addition to shorter walks. The resort itself holds far fewer guests, which usually means shorter waits for buses when leaving parks at more crowded times.:yay:

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You definitely want Port Orleans French Quarter.

At the others, you have options. You can pay for a "preferred" room which is closer to food court/main buildings. You can make a request to be near the food court or near transportation (this is not guaranteed).

CSR, OKW and SSR also have an internal shuttle.

5. MrRomance

MrRomance Planning and Plotting

The best Moderate Resort for your mom would be POFQ if walking is an issue. It's the smallest hotel on property and nothing is that far away. :thumbsup2

6. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I thought they discontinued the internal shuttle at CSR. Never saw one during our stay last March and I thought someone had posted it was stopped. I didn't realize OKW and SSR had them. But it makes sense they look huge too!

7. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Yeah, I'm not recalling the CSR one either. They offered guests rides on golf carts last time we visited. I vaguely remember hearing about OKW and SSR - just never paid much attention to them I guess!

8. tlkgt76

tlkgt76 "If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

This made me giggle because I've said the SAME thing! My husband and I traveled to Ocho Rios in Jamaica and stayed at AKL the following year. We were surprised how far away we felt from everything, but the view and the smile on our daughter's face was worth it. :lmao: