MOD resort pools ?

DisneyRookie2007

DIS Veteran
DW & I are planning a trip to WDW Sept 1-10. We expect hot and humid weather and will be travelling w/o kids. We would like more down time and less park time, so we were wondering which MOD resorts have the best pools in terms of shading, proximity to food court, theming, etc.

Theming holds a very individual appeal that varies from person to person. They are all well themed to their particular resort, but I like CBRs best. They all have a bar at the pool. POR is the only one that isn't very close to CS for light meals or snacks. CSRs pool bar also has some CS food offerings. There is some shade at all of the pools, but much depends on the time of day as the sun moves around. I'm pretty sure all of the pools have umbrellas in various areas.

Warning- starting in the afternoon they have games around the pool for the kids. The music is cranked up to 11 and so are the mics that the CMs use.

We've stayed at POR twice over the last year and love their pool. Each section of buildings has their own quiet pool which is very nice and then the main pool has a very well themed area and lied along with the muddy rivers bar and a play ground.

The CSR pool is my favorite. As a bonus treat yourself to the business class section in Cabanas 9B and you will have access to Coconino Cove which is considered a light club lounge. They have a continental breakfast in the morning and snacks at night with beer and wine offerings. The building is in one of the best locations on the property as well. Close to the pool, food court, and transportation!

We love the quiet pools at POR AB. That's why we always book a pool view room. Well landscaped, themed fun for all. We head to "old man" to hit the hot tub.

upload_2015-4-19_17-25-58.png

Last edited:

Ya, going to have to agree with PP and say CBR. All newly refurbished and really is a lovely resort. Just be prepared to walk or drive to be able to access different areas.

Tthanks for all the replies. Did some additional online research myself....as many have said already, CBR and POR seems to be the front-runners. We like the fact that POR also has the water taxi to DTD too.....lots of time to narrow down our choice

CSR pool gets my vote. Everything you'll need is right there. Arcade, playground, bar, food, and pool

While the main pool on Ole Man Island isn't 30 secs from the food court, it's not all that far! Might take 2, maybe 3, mins to get there.
I love the quiet pools at POR. The main pool is great, but as already mentioned, it can get noisy with the games later in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter