Mobile phones - good deals?

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
I'm looking for a replacement mobile phone (after mine was stolen recently :rolleyes: ), and wondered whether anyone had spotted any good deals lately.

I'd prefer Orange network (has best coverage in this area), pay-as-you-go, and don't need anything fancy as it's only for occasional / emergency use, but would like something less like a housebrick than the one I had! Basically, the cheaper the better as far as I'm concerned!

Any tips for where to look?

I replaced my orange brick last month for new orange phone. It cost £49 and is pay as you go. I went to our local orange shop. They were also offering pay as you go phone for £39 but of course they didn't have any!

Orange did do some funny deal with my brick and converted it to a Virgin something or other. I'll only get charged if I use the brick. (DH thought it would be useful to have a "spare phone" but it's been in the cupboard for the last month!!)

Anyway I'm so happy with my little phone, I don't have to charge the batteries as often and my shoulder isn't suffering from the weight in my bag. Now I just have to get a Disney cover for it!

My first port of call was the Orange shop, as I bought a really neat pay-as-you-go for DD at Christmas for £49, but last week the cheapest they had was £79 :(

I'll ask them again this week - hopefully they'll have more like yours, dimplenose!

I recently got a new Nokia 3330e for £69 (plus £10 trade in on my old phone) - it's on a 'no contract' pay-as-you-go scheme with Orange. There is no monthly charge and no vouchers etc. to buy. I just get billed monthly with any call charges. I find this better than the normal pay-as-you-go deals because I know I have a always got 'credit' and as I don't use it much it doesn't cost me much :)

I got it from Carphone Warehouse on-line - don't know if they still do it though.

http://www3.carphonewarehouse.com/NASApp/commerce/gben-Home

After another fruitless trip to the Orange shop (no pun intended! :rolleyes: ), I have just ordered the Nokia one from the carphonewarehouse site :). Thanks for the link, Tim.

I didn't want to pay that much, but DH is coming up with the extra cost for my birthday pressie :Pinkbounc .

Looking forward to having the phone delivered. Tim, do you know whether I will have to be here to sign for the delivery?

Yes you do need to sign for it - I wasn't in when mine came and I had to pick it up from the depot (Initial City Link was the carrier I think).

It came very quickly - the day after I ordered it :)

Thanks, Tim - I'll be hovering (not hoovering!) by the letterbox.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter